Tyler Durden

Spiritual opinions of David Icke (without conspiracy theories)

13 posts in this topic

I know that David Icke is mostly known for his conspiracy theories but I discovered that he also has some really interesting opinions about spirituality.

Icke believes that time is an illusion; there is no past, or future, and only the "infinite now" is real, and that humans are an aspect of consciousness, or infinite awareness, which he describes as "all that there is, has been, and ever can be". We are imprisoned in the realms of the five senses and "little me" when we are All That is. We identify self with our body and our name, when these are only vehicles and symbols for what we really are.

Do this opinions sound awaken to you?

Edited by Tyler Durden

Icke certainly seems to have had legitimate spiritual experiences. The fact that he says things like those you've mentioned, and that death is an illusion is clearly proof he has a drastically different worldview from most humans currently. So I'd say he's awake, though I'm not entirely certain why he promulgates so many conspiracy theories. 

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

47 minutes ago, JuliusCaesar said:

Icke certainly seems to have had legitimate spiritual experiences. The fact that he says things like those you've mentioned, and that death is an illusion is clearly proof he has a drastically different worldview from most humans currently. So I'd say he's awake, though I'm not entirely certain why he promulgates so many conspiracy theories. 

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. If he became awake to the true nature of reality, then conspiracy theories don't make much sense because God is everything and there can't be any deeper secret behind that.

Hes definitely an interesting character, I would say he seems to have had an awakening experience but he was mocked and laughed at in the UK for sharing it. I think this then to a grudge against the media which hes held since then. With conspiracy stuff i think that he got lost in the adulation from people, hes almost got a kind of hero status amongst conspiracy theorists, just because someone is awake it doesnt mean theyre immune to fame and having die hard followers. Honestly this mix of the grudge and being able to stick it to the higher ups and have people following him whilst doing it has taken over him. 

So its a shame but you have to understand how radical what he was saying was to a mainstream british audience, he probably wouldnt have ended up as he has if he hadnt received the treatment -

@Consept Yes, he seems like an interesting person. Saying that he's a Son of God on a public television seems like a complete lunacy but to us here, it can be a sign of awakening experience. That part of his life should be researched more to see what insights does he possess and conspiracy theories should be put to the side.

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

@Consept Yes, he seems like an interesting person. Saying that he's a Son of God on a public television seems like a complete lunacy but to us here, it can be a sign of awakening experience. That part of his life should be researched more to see what insights does he possess and conspiracy theories should be put to the side.

Yeah he does have some interesting perspectives, that would appeal to people on the spiritual path. However, what my point is, is that due to his experiences hes kind of lost his way and got wrapped up in the conspiracy persona, hes not stupid he knows the effect he can have on people and this is why i wouldnt really advise anyone to listen to him as it would be very easy for some people to get sucked down his rabbit hole, as we've seen on an even larger scale during the pandemic. I think there are enough spiritual teachers who dont have such an obvious potentially dangerous side, so just listen to them. I dont know if he has any ulterior motives or what his ultimate goal is but hes either unaware of the effect he has in which case hes not a very conscious teacher or he is aware which is even worse.

I read half a book when i was 13. Lost him at the reptilians. He did seem kind of spiritual. He had a pic of himself naked in his book. Ick pic. This made him a bit of spiritual in my eyes mixed with what he wrote but that doesn't mean that at least 50% of what he says isn't bs. 

Edited by BlackMaze

2 hours ago, JuliusCaesar said:

Transpersonal experiences exist on a continuum and do not protect you from delusion.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Tyler Durden Be aware that anyone can repeat the "everything is consciousness" script, the words have nothing to do with the very real/alive recognition/remembrance.

He has a good heart and has a good understanding of the Eternal identity. He gets lost in the fear-game though and has elements of cognitive dissonance.

Once you reach a certain level of spirituality, saying things like:-

"There absolutely will be a nuclear war between China and the West!"

is the last thing you want to be saying. Instead you'd want to be saying things like:-

"The West and China are very different, but we will find a way of coming together in peace and unity!"

Otherwise the dream turns into a nightmare pretty quickly.

But to be fair, he is full of truth energy, which is more that can be said of a lot of other people in the conspiracy space.

He just needs to level up a bit more.

@Fearless_Bum It seems that he really had a profound spiritual experience in Peru in 1991. His life really changed completely after that. I guess it was genuine and not something fake. He had an option to continue living a normal life and not get label as lunatic by mainstream media but he decided otherwise. That's a sign of a big shift in his thinking.

@cookiemonster Yes, I agree, his conspiracy theories are not compatible with spiritual awakening. Things he says about global elite vs regular people are based in duality. That kind of thinking should be transcended after you realise God.

Edited by Tyler Durden

@Tyler Durden no offense, but experiences don't mean much to me. 

Why? Because an experience is created when the ego chooses to make it up. 

The remembrance is not an experience. Therefore "false prophets" use spiritual experiences to fool you and have power over you. 

42 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@Tyler Durden no offense, but experiences don't mean much to me. 

Why? Because an experience is created when the ego chooses to make it up. 

The remembrance is not an experience. Therefore "false prophets" use spiritual experiences to fool you and have power over you. 

I agree with you, there should always be a dose of skepticism about that. But many spiritual things that he says seem to resonate with things that are being discussed here. Maybe he came to the wrong conlusions and went into conspiracy territory instedad of becoming a spiritual teacher.

Edited by Tyler Durden