Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emotionalmosquito

About the puzzle on Leo’s assumption video

37 posts in this topic

This was my best attempt.

Not because I assumed the lines had to stay within boundary. Instead I assumed that since he said straight lines, it meant no angles. For some reason I didn’t register the part about it having to be one continuous connected line, though I did hear it. 

If anyone has any other connect the dots puzzles or similar exercises, post em and explain the rules.

CB20EC00-A50B-4E3B-85A1-91853F0A8B8F.jpeg

A boy and his father are in a car accident. The father is killed.  They rush the boy to the hospital in critical condition, requiring immediate surgery.  In the operating room, the doctor walks in, takes one look at the boy and says, 'I can not operate on this boy, he's my son.'

How is this possible? 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Human Mint nope, the boy is the doctors biological son, and the man who died in the accident is the boy's biological father. 

@Mason RiggleThen the mother decided to change her identity to a man, so the boy had two fathers

Edited by Human Mint

29 minutes ago, Human Mint said:

@Mason RiggleThen the mother decided to change her identity to a man, so the boy had two fathers

Haha close, but no. 

1 hour ago, Human Mint said:

The answer is deceptively simple. I know it. Although I looked up the answer haha.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

2 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

A boy and his father are in a car accident. The father is killed.  They rush the boy to the hospital in critical condition, requiring immediate surgery.  In the operating room, the doctor walks in, takes one look at the boy and says, 'I can not operate on this boy, he's my son.'

How is this possible? 

Without looking at any other replies to avoid giveaways, this is the only thing I can come up with assuming alternate reality merging isn’t a factor:

The doctor wasn’t actually a doctor or his dad. It was some guy who broke in and grabbed a white coat and mask so he could test his surgical skills for real. Upon seeing the condition of the patient, he realized it was beyond his current skill level so he played the appeal to emotion card by saying he couldn’t operate because it’s his son. 

2 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Human Mint nope, the boy is the doctors biological son, and the man who died in the accident is the boy's biological father. 

Wait, this isn’t the answer is it?

if so I still don’t understand 

9B2F3A26-EF89-4283-A444-66092120461E.jpeg

Edited by Emotionalmosquito

Spoiler alert!

The question sets you up to assume the doctor can only be his dad.

A - The father from the vehicle and the doctor from the hospital are two gay men and the technology for 2 men to have a baby has been developed and they made a biological son together.

B - Non-duality.  Everyone is biologically related and hence all men are the father to the son.

C - The father pretends to be dead and then goes to the hospital dressed as a surgeon.

D - There are 3 men with the youngest one also himself being a father.  The youngest gets killed.  The middle, considered a boy and a father (of the youngest), goes to the hospital where the oldest is the doctor who is the father of the middle.

E - This scenario involves 4 people.  The car crash involves a father and son where the father dies and the son goes to the hospital.  The hospital scenario involves a doctor who walks in on his son which is a different person from the car crash.

Edited by PepperBlossoms

6 hours ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

This was my best attempt.

Not because I assumed the lines had to stay within boundary. Instead I assumed that since he said straight lines, it meant no angles. For some reason I didn’t register the part about it having to be one continuous connected line, though I did hear it. 

If anyone has any other connect the dots puzzles or similar exercises, post em and explain the rules.

CB20EC00-A50B-4E3B-85A1-91853F0A8B8F.jpeg

What are the rules for this?

2 minutes ago, PepperBlossoms said:

What are the rules for this?

You have to connect all the dots using only four lines and the lines have to be straight and all connected to each other 

@Emotionalmosquito You can't lift your pencil from the page and you can't retrace lines. So your solution is invalid.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

That's impossible to do. 

I scratched my brain so hard. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Leo Gura I see that now. Shoulda spent more time on it instead of being impatient. That’s why I’m on here asking for more chances.

Mason’s riddle seems to have everyone stumped.

Edited by Emotionalmosquito