Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler Durden

Nothing comes from nothing

7 posts in this topic

The concept of "nothing comes from nothing" is a philosophical statement first argued by Parmenides in Ancient Greece, but the idea is universal: there is no break between a world that did not exist and one that does, since the world that exists could not be created.

Was Parmenides really close to explaining the true nature of reality with his thinking? 

If Consciousness is nothing, and the cosmos arises from and returns to it, then everything comes from nothing. The paradox is that everything Consciousness creates is also Consciousness, appearing to be other than it ultimately is.

Like all language, the terms nothing and everything are equally misleading. Consciousness is beyond nothing and everything. It can't be conceptually captured. Instead of trying to understand reality, realize it.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

3 hours ago, Moksha said:

If Consciousness is nothing, and the cosmos arises from and returns to it, then everything comes from nothing. The paradox is that everything Consciousness creates is also Consciousness, appearing to be other than it ultimately is.

Like all language, the terms nothing and everything are equally misleading. Consciousness is beyond nothing and everything. It can't be conceptually captured. Instead of trying to understand reality, realize it.

I hate the term consciousness as it's a poisoned word. The subject is nothing, things are fundamentally nothing so they have to be made of the subject. The combination of the two is neither ultimately subject or ultimately object, and there is no word whatsoever.

"It" may be literal infinity which would explain why it is impossible to grasp, since it encompasses everything, and a total singularity can't ever be found because subject and object are both then enveloped by it. You get what I mean. Because obv to observe something that happens within a dual setup of observed and observer.

Consciousness is a poisoned word because people don't understand what it is and believe they possess it and all sorts of weird ideas.

Edited by RMQualtrough

@RMQualtrough I agree, and in truth all words are poison (including these). The Upanishads say that "Words turn back frightened" when trying to define ultimate reality. Some are better pointers than others, but all words fail miserably in their attempt to describe the indescribable. The truth can only be Self-realized, directly.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

21 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

The concept of "nothing comes from nothing" is a philosophical statement first argued by Parmenides in Ancient Greece, but the idea is universal: there is no break between a world that did not exist and one that does, since the world that exists could not be created.

Was Parmenides really close to explaining the true nature of reality with his thinking? 

If nothing comes from nothing is as you say, a concept, then nothing is actual. If Parmenides was really close to an explanation with his thinking, then the true nature ‘of’ the actuality of reality, is, nothing.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

The concept of nothing IS nothing appearing as something.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi