FlyingLotus

Mindvalley Courses?

11 posts in this topic

Are there any Mindvalley courses you’d highly recommend?  Noticed they have some good interviews and impressive people.  Was wondering which classes people have taken and what they thought of them…

@FlyingLotus I took a mind valley course on energy work, but I didn't take full responsibility for the progress so I didn't get much out of it. I didn't like how many lost people were in the FB group, and the main guy did not post in the group anymore, it kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

I think if you are seeking a specific skill, or want to learn more about a certain topic, then you could find value because there are many videos.

Were you looking for anything specific?

Is this considered promotional? 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art This section of the forum is about asking people for their opinion on self-help products and books.  I’m asking people for their opinion because my guess is a few of them have already tried some Mindvalley courses, whereas I have not.  I have seen a bunch of their free stuff and one course called "the Habit of Ferocity" which really sucked.  It was no better than a free Ted talk and quite expensive considering it offered very little value.  

Mindvalley is a platform with tons of courses, like YouTube or Udemy, though not nearly as big as those two.  It’d be nice to know if some of their courses are standouts or not and if I was just unlucky with that one course.

3 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I think if you are seeking a specific skill, or want to learn more about a certain topic, then you could find value because there are many videos.

Were you looking for anything specific?

They have an all-access pass.  If they have a few really good courses it'd be worth it, but if it's as crappy as their "Habit of Ferocity" course, then it wouldn't be worth it.  They have a lot of self-help heavy hitters on their platform, but they don't get talked about much here on Actualized.org like other teachers, which is odd.   

3 minutes ago, FlyingLotus said:

They have an all-access pass.  If they have a few really good courses it'd be worth it, but if it's as crappy as their "Habit of Ferocity" course, then it wouldn't be worth it.  They have a lot of self-help heavy hitters on their platform, but they don't get talked about much here on Actualized.org like other teachers, which is odd.   

I got a bad taste from my experience, but it is possible there are some gems. 

Maybe if you find a teacher you resonate with, they may have a course on there, and then it would be worth getting an access pass

I would highly recommend LifeBook and Be Extraordinary course.

I have read a lot of good things about 10x and it seems groundbreaking. But have not personally gone through so cannot vouch for it.

@FlyingLotus Which Mindvalley courses do you like or are interested in? 

Edited by captainamerica

Thanks for the suggestions! 

They do have good interviews and production values.  Maybe it was just that one course that was pretty bad.  I still feel like I got robbed at credit-card point xD.

20 minutes ago, FlyingLotus said:

They do have good interviews and production values.  Maybe it was just that one course that was pretty bad.  I still feel like I got robbed at credit-card point xD.

I dislike the production quality of Habit of Ferocity as well. The teaching style also feels unnecessarily messy, like it was made in a hurry.

But it is an exception. This is rare in Mindvalley courses. 

I didn't like the habit of ferocity as well. I just felt i got such little wisdom from it

I bought the all-access pass and i'mma be real, idk. I tried a bunch, and like the intro videos and a lot of it just felt underwhelming - except for ken wilber's course. I love Wilber, I watched a couple videos of his and felt I got a good amount from it 

Idk what it is to be honest. I just couldn't resonate with it. I dont think they built enough trust in me 

Mindvalley is probably my favorite company of all time. It really makes me feel optimistic about humanity when i see companies like that. And Vishen Lakhiani is one of my role models. Conscious guy who genuinely wants to improve mankind.

I have bough one course called Unlimited Abundance. I haven't finished it yet (3 years now lol) but its really high quality. It really changes the way you perceive reality.

Overall i think they are a great company with integrity and with genuine desire to uplift humanity.

Just go Udemy. Plenty of paid and free courses in there, even university courses.

Edited by hyruga