IAmReallyImportant

Left Wing Authocracy - Societal Bias

17 posts in this topic

In Germany e.g. most people are almost extreme left-wingers. This leads to bad political decisions, which weaken the economy and is dividing society into fractions. Because left-wingers in general don't look for consense either. And opinions are surpressed by the left and certain demographic groups are excluded from society, even if they have to hostile preference in any way according to other people or groups of them.

Unnecessary government restructuring and tax additions makes it harder for small businesses to grow and people are getting less for their money. Today, Germanys inflation e.g. has reached its 28 year high and this is not exclusive for this country. It is also a global problem. Like yesterday politics were too much right - now it is the opposite direction.

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

On 10/29/2021 at 9:21 AM, IAmReallyImportant said:

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/620185/

Research is biased to the left, which additionally influences society in this direction and suppresses independent thinking.
I think one should listen to all opinions neutrally.

Remove notions of left, right, and research and consider this - We seek to validate what we think we know while also looking and stumbling upon more information and explore that.

It would be nice to listen to all opinions neutrally but we only have so much time and money and so we pick and chose.

There is research in all different types of areas as well as all different types of things constitute research.  People using this website could consider it for research.  Some research will be in favor of validating "right" views and some will be in favor of validating "left" views.  It will also depend on who is funding the research, what their current viewpoint is, and what results they are trying to get.

It could be that people who tend to go into research careers are already biased towards the left.

When I think of left and right, I tend to associate right with wanting to keep info the same and left of wanting to explore new ideas and hence it would make sense that research would dominate in the left field as right would not be seeking anything new.

On 10/29/2021 at 9:28 AM, IAmReallyImportant said:

In Germany e.g. most people are almost extreme left-wingers. This leads to bad political decisions, which weaken the economy and is dividing society into fractions. Because left-wingers in general don't look for consense either. And opinions are surpressed by the left and certain demographic groups are excluded from society, even if they have to hostile preference in any way according to other people or groups of them.

Unnecessary government restructuring and tax additions makes it harder for small businesses to grow and people are getting less for their money. Today, Germanys inflation e.g. has reached its 28 year high and this is not exclusive for this country. It is also a global problem. Like yesterday politics were too much right - now it is the opposite direction.

We create the rules based on what we think will work and what we think is important.

However, we can get blinded by "how things are typically done" and "existing structures" that it takes away from the whole purpose of the thing and can make us want to throw away the structure or significantly change it because it is not performing for how it was intended.

I am not fully aware of German politics but just as a guess - It could be that the deemed bad political decisions are seen as bad in terms of finances but good in terms of the environment and social factors and the legislature values the environment and social factors more so than finances.  However, I can see that no concern for finances could be threatening to the entire system and it needs to be considered as well.  One would want to consider all 3 of those things (and a bunch of other things).  Holistic systems thinking is key.  If one has no care for the environment and social factors, the place may have more crime, more poverty, may not be as nice aesthetically and health wise, etc.

I thought that Germany had quite a bit of political parties.

That can be a problem if speech is being silenced.  Is the speech that is being silenced done so because it is inciting violence/hate?

Of course it exists on the left to some degree. The point is it exists on the right to a much higher degree.

It's not that the left is perfect or so highly evolved. It's just that the right is caveman bat-shit level of consciousness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 29.10.2021 at 4:28 PM, IAmReallyImportant said:

In Germany e.g. most people are almost extreme left-wingers. This leads to bad political decisions, which weaken the economy and is dividing society into fractions.

@IAmReallyImportant No??? Germany was ruled by the CDU (a moderate/right conservative christian party) for almost 2 decades, the only party that you could truly consider to be left wing is "Die Linke" and they barely even made it into the Bundestag... Our economy is pretty damn strong... Inflation is mostly due to the pandemic btw. Has nothing to do with Germany.

12 hours ago, Tim R said:

the only party that you could truly consider to be left wing is "Die Linke" and they barely even made it into the Bundestag

Die Grüne are running on policies similar to progressives (not democrats) of the US, therefore, it can definitely be considered a left wing party. 

17 hours ago, Tim R said:

@IAmReallyImportant No??? Germany was ruled by the CDU (a moderate/right conservative christian party) for almost 2 decades, the only party that you could truly consider to be left wing is "Die Linke" and they barely even made it into the Bundestag... Our economy is pretty damn strong... Inflation is mostly due to the pandemic btw. Has nothing to do with Germany.

Not true. It doesn't matter which party "ruled". I am speaking about political decisions and the demographic climate.

As you can see our economy is not as strong as you think of. And in addition, we are at the end of the top 10 rankings according wealth in the EU if you take a look at reasonable statistics.

Moreover, we have a very old population. The average age is over 40 years. Hence, most of the people are baby-boomers, who are more wealthy because they had to deal with a much higher interest and lower inflation. They got over 20% interest on their bank accounts e.g..

Now, the younger generation has to deal with the debts of the baby-boomers. And this will affect the economy alongside the left-bias in the news and population as well as in political decisions.

Left means not right

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course it exists on the left to some degree. The point is it exists on the right to a much higher degree.

It's not that the left is perfect or so highly evolved. It's just that the right is caveman bat-shit level of consciousness.

I don't think you can make a blanket statement that right-leaning people are cavemen.
There are very many Greens who are reminiscent of hunter-gatherer times, only on the other side.
In any case, I also think that most right-wing people are rather unreflective and according to people who are simple citizens - often times not very smart. For this, most Greens are unrealistic, pushy, overbearing, naive and often make very stupid decisions.

Left means not right

6 hours ago, Harlen Kelly said:

Die Grüne are running on policies similar to progressives (not democrats) of the US, therefore, it can definitely be considered a left wing party. 

True, they're left wing too. But it will probably become washed out into rather moderate/left politics with the upcoming coalition, many of their election promises won't come true.

1 hour ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

Not true. It doesn't matter which party "ruled". I am speaking about political decisions and the demographic climate.

As you can see our economy is not as strong as you think of. And in addition, we are at the end of the top 10 rankings according wealth in the EU if you take a look at reasonable statistics.

Moreover, we have a very old population. The average age is over 40 years. Hence, most of the people are baby-boomers, who are more wealthy because they had to deal with a much higher interest and lower inflation. They got over 20% interest on their bank accounts e.g..

Now, the younger generation has to deal with the debts of the baby-boomers. And this will affect the economy alongside the left-bias in the news and population as well as in political decisions.

The demographic climate, since it is dominated by old people, is quite conservative. Many political decisions were made because they were recognized to be necessary, like the Flüchtlingspolitik or Ehe für alle. And that was enough to create a massive backlash (AfD).

Yes, our generation will have to deal with our messed up Generationenvertrag and inflation. Most of us won't be able to afford buying their own  houses. 

The left-leaning development is the natural societal evolution. Our economy will take a dent, but only in the short term. Capitalism in its current form will soften. That's not a bad thing.

9 minutes ago, Tim R said:

True, they're left wing too. But it will probably become washed out into rather moderate/left politics with the upcoming coalition, many of their election promises won't come true.

The demographic climate, since it is dominated by old people, is quite conservative. Many political decisions were made because they were recognized to be necessary, like the Flüchtlingspolitik or Ehe für alle. And that was enough to create a massive backlash (AfD).

Yes, our generation will have to deal with our messed up Generationenvertrag and inflation. Most of us won't be able to afford buying their own  houses. 

The left-leaning development is the natural societal evolution. Our economy will take a dent, but only in the short term. Capitalism in its current form will soften. That's not a bad thing.

The problem is that accepting things as normal that are unhealthy doesn't change anything.
If people thought like you, we would still be in the Middle Ages.
Moreover, people are not left-oriented, but excessively left-oriented. And no, the climate is left-biased because the country wants to separate itself from the past, but at the same time uses left-wing opinions to suppress political opinions that the politician lobby doesn't like for capitalist reasons.

I am neither left nor right, I don't care about your petty political interests and about the fact that most left-wingers are only left, because they want to push their egos in terms of moral superiority. It is the same with vegans. There are exceptions, but these are rare. For me the best solutions for most people count, the equilibrium. And it is certainly not this left-drift currently happening.

Left means not right

Just now, IAmReallyImportant said:

The problem is that accepting things as normal that are unhealthy doesn't change anything.

Examples?

1 minute ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

Moreover, people are not left-oriented, but excessively left-oriented.

That's just not true and there's nothing in our society that would reflect this claim.

2 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

And no, the climate is left-biased because the country wants to separate itself from the past, but at the same time uses left-wing opinions to suppress political opinions that the politician lobby doesn't like for capitalist reasons.

Not sure what you mean by this? How is "the climate left-biased"? And how does Germany want to separate itself from the past?

Just now, Tim R said:

That's just not true and there's nothing in our society that would reflect this claim.

Please inform yourself, before you make such arguments. There are laws in discussions, which are aiming to restrict free speech.

1 minute ago, Tim R said:

Not sure what you mean by this? How is "the climate left-biased"? And how does Germany want to separate itself from the past?

For me this looks like rhetoric questions.

1 minute ago, Tim R said:

Examples?

Revolutions of any kind. I don't think you are serious about the question, you only want to find next arguments to proof you are supposedly right.

Left means not right

In addition, there will probably be expropriations, just like in the Nazi era. That in combination with suppression of opinion looks to me like the next German Reich in green.

Then CO2 taxes even though it is not clear that humanity has caused the climate change at all. For this amount of uncertainty regarding the topic, they affect the economy in a negative way and all the little men then have to pay for it.

And so on.. It is just stupid.

I know many people and all of them are getting loud and angry if you tell them you have to listen to every opinion. Or if you say, there were also good things in the WWII (not things like expropriations), even though most of them were not very healthy. Nazis also could be right in certain points. I also don't blame them for being Nazis, they can be good persons in other areas etc. .

Moreover, it seems hypocritical to me that people who are against other people that want to exclude certain demographic groups, do want to exclude Nazis as well. It is the same situations but from the other end of the spectrum. Doesn't make sense at all. A better solution would be to change education etc. .

Left means not right

1 hour ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

In addition, there will probably be expropriations, just like in the Nazi era. That in combination with suppression of opinion looks to me like the next German Reich in green.

Then CO2 taxes even though it is not clear that humanity has caused the climate change at all. For this amount of uncertainty regarding the topic, they affect the economy in a negative way and all the little men then have to pay for it.

And so on.. It is just stupid.

I know many people and all of them are getting loud and angry if you tell them you have to listen to every opinion. Or if you say, there were also good things in the WWII (not things like expropriations), even though most of them were not very healthy. Nazis also could be right in certain points. I also don't blame them for being Nazis, they can be good persons in other areas etc. .

Moreover, it seems hypocritical to me that people who are against other people that want to exclude certain demographic groups, do want to exclude Nazis as well. It is the same situations but from the other end of the spectrum. Doesn't make sense at all. A better solution would be to change education etc. .

Oh boy, where to even begin attempting to dissect the level of indoctrination in to Right Wing ethno -nationalist propaganda in this post. 

The Nazis are right in certain points? Preytell, what enlightened opinions should be imbue from a genocidal ethno-supremecist regime that needlessly caused the deaths of tens of millions of people?

And humans aren't causing climate change?

Despite that being the overwhelming consensus of climate scientists all around the world?

You realize that fossil fuel companies have launched a decades long disinformation campaign to misinform and confuse the public by creating the false impression of a debate among the scientific community over an issue where there's broad agreement: a misinformation campaign that you apparently you fell for.

It's the exactly the same type of tactics the tobacco industry used to try and misinform the public about cigarettes.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

2 hours ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

This is Nazi propaganda, do you seriously believe you are being deep by making these assertion?

Edited by Harlen Kelly

The far right tends to be hateful towards immigrants, LGBTQ, and other races/religions that are not it and seeks to destroy those whether that is by killing them, keeping them out, putting them in jail, taking away their rights, etc.  One may be okay with the far right as long as they are inclusive of self but when they too are excluded, they are no longer supportive of the far right.  There is so much diversity and stuff is evolving all the time.  It is more holistic to accept that people/things are different and that the differences do exist and embrace and work with that rather than not allow it.  In terms of the immigrants that Germany accepted, those immigrants had to go somewhere.  I can see that it may have been better if all the EU and other places accepted a similar amount relative to their existing size so as to not put the burden on a few places of taking everyone in.

I can see the point of view of some of the left wanting to silence free speech being a problem.  I can also see the speech that people make may be very delusional and stir up people but yet they are reacting to something that isn't what they think it is.  I can also see that everything is delusional in a way and how are we to tell the difference.  The free speech one is tricky but we should not be silencing it unless it is a threat to one's wellbeing such as people chanting about killing person XYZ.  We can't fully prove what is/is not real so it would be hard to say who to silence and who not.  It can also be a problem in terms of some groups getting to more easily voice their opinion than others, such as some completely over dominating and overloading the system with their opinion that the other's don't get theirs said.  That is an ongoing issue.  The music/art/entertainment industry for example has the same few people completely blasting anyone else in terms of radio time, ads, where they show up on google search, etc. that it is hard for others to be heard as equally and in a way, that is hindering speech/competition - which is similar to how the right wants to hinder anything that isn't it.

Edited by PepperBlossoms