omar30

how to make programming my passion in life ?

13 posts in this topic

I can't think about anything I can pursue except programming and coding.

but I am not consistent with it enough I often quit it for months at times.

how to practice it every day if you are a programmer, developer how do you do it how do you measure your progress and mastery of programming I know OOP 

(object-oriented programming) . I don't know where to go after that I am not interested in freelancing or money. I just want a skill to master in my life to be happy.

sometimes I get bored frustrated about the whole journey and forget some important stuff that I have learned do I actually love programming and coding as my passion I don't know anymore.

What projects are you working on? 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

13 minutes ago, integral said:

What projects are you working on? 

Mobile apps in java. Just random stuff there is no project in my head right now.

@omar30

It's easy enough to find programming course online, for free.

I think the intention and discipline is more a problem than actually finding out how to learn. 

You could also check out https://www.codewars.com/

Start with setting intention and a strategy for how you will add practice to your everyday schedule.

Then relentlessly pursue. 

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

@omar30 Just you know, do it for like an hour or two a day.

1.And make a list of stuff you want to code

2.once you've completed the list. 

3. Call it a day

4. Do it again tomorrow

You just gotta take it slow at the start and then build your way up. Then it becomes a habit that you do everyday. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

@omar30

13 hours ago, omar30 said:

I just want a skill to master in my life to be happy.

Weak motivation. What makes you think programming is your passion?

For me it's learning or more acurate in coding it's learning to solve problems, the code is the just the language the problems are wrote in to me. If you are about learning languages like java for pleasure (which is legit by all means), then explore them in really great detail: Grab all books (o reilly for example), the official documentation, browse the web.. Learn new commands and use them in ever complexer programs.

You can start with the goal of writing one method a day, if you feel good you can write a lot and if you feel bad you can cheat a little, which is also a skill to develop, haha

I recommend you develop little things you really need like a complex calculation or a tool for your phone. Chances are you need guidance by some programming team to learn the trade..

13 hours ago, omar30 said:

I don't know where to go after that I am not interested in freelancing or money.

~ like a ship without a map or goal in the middle of an ocean

define a goal. I'm also not about the money first, but you just need it to buy time to tinker with problems.. otherwise you'll be distracted earning a living. Seen it way too often with all kinds of individualists:

nah, i don't need the money =10years=> now i work a dayjob without time at my hand to do what i want

practice a little bit every single day.

the road to mastery is not a 100m race, but a marathon. if you manage to commit to practice/study a certain amount of time every day, you'll get momentum. and the snowball effect will kick in.

i recommend the book "Mastery" - George Leonard. 

btw - nice killua picture :)

one day this will all be memories

6 hours ago, kag101 said:

btw - nice killua picture :)

7 hours ago, supremeyingyang said:

Weak motivation. What makes you think programming is your passion?

i don't think it is my passion I just don't know any better I tried music and video editing this kinda stuff but I find coding more enjoyable still there is a lot of careers I don't know.

the most important thing is to be creative do any creative work that's my goal.

1 hour ago, omar30 said:

the most important thing is to be creative do any creative work that's my goal.

Brainstorm projects you'd be interested working on. Have a vision. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@omar30

well thats okay, just try things out. If you can't imagine a project that means usually you know not enough. Do a Course, make it a commitment to make the course for 10h a week for 30 days. At day 31 you know better things. If you fail you know that you have to explore into your motivation or your decipline

1 hour ago, supremeyingyang said:

@omar30

well thats okay, just try things out. If you can't imagine a project that means usually you know not enough. Do a Course, make it a commitment to make the course for 10h a week for 30 days. At day 31 you know better things. If you fail you know that you have to explore into your motivation or your decipline

THANKS I WILL TRY IT