Leo Gura

A Challenge To Everything You Think You Know

325 posts in this topic

Important Note: I'm not claiming any of the following is true. It might all be false. The following material requires extreme openmindedness and nuanced discernment, which many people reading this may not have. So don't blame me for bringing you something "crazy".

That said, if you really want to strain your brain, read the following book (available here for free as PDF). This gives you a little taste of the periphery of spiritually and how much stuff you still need to explain in your worldview aside from nonduality.

Again, my purpose here is to encourage radical openmindedness, big-picture thinking, and research. Not to convince you of any particular point of view. Nor do I claim that I believe all of it. Think of this more as an exercise in radically new ways of seeing the world.

The reason I post this, is because I see people getting cocky about how much they think they understand reality. And I want you to be open to the possibility that there's a lot you don't understand. I of course include myself in this. And I want you to see the lengths I go to to keep my mind open, yet still rational and common-sensical. To me, openmindedness is no mere platitude, but an active, alive, everyday way of life.

I recommend you start reading from page 69. And challenge yourself to finish at least all of Book I.

Enjoy!

And don't get lost down the rabbit hole ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'm watching Rali... and he says that it's preposterous that people can heal each other, fly through walls, etc. And then I listen to Leo, and he tells us that you need to be open to the possibility of everything. I don't know who to believe..... anyone else in the same boat? Are you guys just accepting the confusion?

@Leo Gura Is this book "similar" to My Big TOE by Tom Campbell? In my opinion the latter is a very good book to challenge worldviews . I always wonder how can I integrate what I get from this kind of books in my daily life . I've read Bohm and still I need to digest Campbell ? , but they have the tendency to shock and confuse the hell out of me . How can I get the most out of this books ?

@Donald I would say it's even more radical and more challenging.

I hear ya. Not easy material. Requires a very good mind to handle it correctly. And also probably some direct consciousness of reality before you are open enough.

2 years ago, I would not have been able to handle it.

I always like to think that since consciousness is the framework in which everything happens, and on top of all, it's infinite (even infinite is a concept that doesn't describe it) then it's absurd to say that something isn't possible. 

This book, and the events in it are just as true as your kitchen table when viewed like this. 

@str4 Well, it is important to distinguish between direct experience (your kitchen table) and hearsay (a book).

The interesting thing is that hearsay can be very valuable (but also very dangerous). For without hearsay, would you have learned of enlightenment?

Walking that tightrope between direct experience and hearsay is something VERY FEW people in the world can do well. And my hunch is, if you were able to train yourself to walk it, you'd discover things no other human being has discovered. And your life would be enriched beyond measure.

@Leo Gura I can't access the book. The link doesn't seem to be working for me.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got the book elsewhere.

Edited by Extreme Z7

32 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Again, my purpose here is to encourage radical openmindedness, big-picture thinking, and research.

Thank's for the share. I'm currently reading My Big TOE and it's a good starter for these kind of far-out things. I'll save your resource here. Sounds interesting. However, I'm very confident these days in guessing that there is way more crazy shit we don't know abut. Ever since the first MeO-breakthrough I was just shown that the idea of me having private thoughts in my own head/body and living my separate existence all by myself, is merely a hallucination. And when you make that first step outside, a whole new way of approaching and thinking about extraterrestrial things arises.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

This book is radical, but I know a book that's even more challenging and radical, its called the Qu'ran ;) At least Ra's law of 1 makes sense, and somewhat values empirical evidence. Not some elizabethan, contradicting, paradoxical messy proposition, that talks about what god is, without actually saying what god is ;)

If you want to challenge your open mind, give that one a go, unless you're muslim.

Or give the Bible a go, try accepting all those arguments that it disagrees with science in. 

btw I'm joking, but seriously, the bible and the quran are pretty challenging.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@str4 Well, it is important to distinguish between direct experience (your kitchen table) and hearsay (a book).

The interesting thing is that hearsay can be very valuable (but also misleading). For without hearsay, would you have learned of enlightenment?

Yes, very true, if we take hearsay and add the contents of it as just another belief, and start stacking those beliefs, then we are moving backwards. When I'm reading that book, I don't care if that mysterious Ra exists or not, all I know that since nothing is quite frankly impossible — it may very well exist. However, whether it exists or not, is not the point. The point is whether I can extract some valuable insights from that book without taking anything from it as a "true" or "false".

Lost me at this point:
"This book is an exact transcript from tape recordings of twentysix sessions of an experiment designed to communicate with an extraterrestrial being."

41 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

it's preposterous that people can heal each other

That's almost certainly false in my view. I've met healers (both enlightened and non-enlightened) personally who've spoken of their successes, I've had healers work on me, and if you spend even a bit of time doing research into various mystical traditions and alternative healing modalities, you'll see they don't make sense unless you allow for healing to be real.

Just one of the cool perks of mastering nonduality ;)

6 minutes ago, jse said:

Lost me at this point:
"This book is an exact transcript from tape recordings of twentysix sessions of an experiment designed to communicate with an extraterrestrial being."

There would be the perfect place to apply radical openmindedness ;)

Just now, jse said:

Lost me at this point:

lost me at this point: "researchers who would pretend to be able to understand the phenomenon completely. Dr. J. Allen Hynek has called this quality of the research the “high strangeness” factor and has linked the amount of high strangeness with the probable validity of the case."

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There would be the perfect place to apply radical openmindedness ;)

The reason that this book does not resonate and is not open for me to consider, is not because I refuse to consider the likelihood of extraterrestials existence.  The issue is that the opening sentence of this book basically talks about "us vs them", and to me that is a distraction away from the non-duality path.

Just now, jse said:

The reason that this book does not resonate and is not open for me to consider, is not because I refuse to consider the likelihood of extraterrestials existence.  The issue is that the opening sentence of this book basically talks about "us vs them", and to me that is a distraction away from the non-duality path.

how do you know non-duality is real? Or that its bad to let dual stuff enter your head

Edited by electroBeam

@jse How quickly you judge without exploring deeper.