Preety_India

My Singing Skills

15 posts in this topic

So for the first time in years I'm singing. Like literally this moment I tried singing for the first time and it felt amazing. I used to sing as a child in my school church. 

I'll upload the video of my singing in the coming posts. If you can please give feedback and leave a review. I'm trying hard to practice my voice. 

Your feedback will be a great help, it doesn't matter if you leave a positive or negative feedback because whatever helps helps. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Any review you want to give, write it here, because some mean comments are being left on my YouTube channel and as a result I had to disable the comments. 

Your review is highly appreciated 

So here is my first singing  sample of the song Silent Night Holy Night by Sinead O'Connor, only the first few lines 

That's one of my favorite songs 

I hope you enjoy. 

A few things:

- You can work on this, so you can hear better and immagine what you are supposed to sing or can sing in the case if re-arrangement or improvisation (Perfect pitch) http://pitchimprover.com/index.php?type=Perfect;

- Good breathing technique, breathing with diapraghm and slightly sqeezing (like taking a shit) but not applying force to the vocal chords for better projection of sound;

- Vocal exercises before you sing: Try to sing notes up and down or in different sequence in the specific key of the song you are going to sing, this will make you build muscule memory, so you can land those notes more times;

- And lastly, singing with a metronome, just to be sure you are singing in the right time for right amount;

Then comes the rest of the rabbit hole,

good luck!

Edited by Applegarden8

Oh wow, Preety, you've got a nice voice :) Quite a challenging song to sing, too. I'd echo what @Applegarden8 said, particularly about breathing technique - correct breathing is such a big a part of singing.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@Preety_India You're very welcome :)

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

So glad you found support here, Preety, you deserve that :) 

@MuadDib thank you for the encouragement and feedback. 

21 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@RickyFitts thank you 

You're welcome :)