TK2021

Looking for water filter recommendations, please help!

9 posts in this topic

Tired of drinking poison with my water. Main preferences are portability and low price. It needs to only produce 4-5 liters of clean water a day.

I've heard reverse osmosis is where it's at. How useless would something like this be though: https://eur.vevor.com/products/4l-dental-water-distiller-pure-water-purifier-filter-stainless-steel-with-bottle ?

Leo has recommended this: https://www.amazon.com/APEC-Certified-Alkaline-Water-RO-PH90/dp/B00SGGT14Q/ on the forum, but I think I would rather keep drinking poison than set that up and lug that shit around when moving - which I do fairly often. Besides, I don't have enough room in my kitchen to really make that possible without looking like a crazy person to my guests. So something simpler would be nice, if possible. Only a few liters per day needed and if it filters over 90% of the nonsense out and doesn't look like some massive alien spaceship, then I'm good.

Thanks in advance!

I have a PUR filter and I like it. There's a bunch of models and sizes with basically the same activated carbon filter. I don't have a clue about the science but water tastes way better and I feel great. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

27 minutes ago, Rigel said:

I have a PUR filter and I like it. There's a bunch of models and sizes with basically the same activated carbon filter. I don't have a clue about the science but water tastes way better and I feel great. 

Which one? It would have to have some scientific measurements how it works on the impurities for me to be interested. It can't really make any difference to your day to day experience unless you are drinking radioactive waste water or something - so it can't be really attributed to you feeling great. This is a long term investment.

if a Reverse osmosis setup doesnt have UV light for the tank, youll get bacteria growing in there fast. not worth it.

Zero water is the cleanest. filters are a little expensive, but if you wait for sales you can usually get filters for 50% off and just stock up. you need to add minerals back to the water though since itll take EVERYTHING out.

Edited by Ora

Go with reverse osmosis there are many threads talking about this

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I have the one Leo recommends for under the sink. Plus I have a counter top reverse osmosis system, which is Aquatru brand. I got it for $300 shipped new in the box from ebay, which was a great deal. I traveled to multiple states with it and I just used it because I lost an oring on the sink one. I was using it in many different hotels and preparing my own food. A bit of a hassle refilling it, but I found it much superior to a berkey or other filters I have had. I think it is the best of both worlds for portability and cleaning. Something that has more stages would be ideal, but four stages is pretty solid. The taste of the water is good as well. 

I would not mess around with cheap devices or simple filters for your water. 

I have the iSpring RCC7AK Under-sink and we are very pleased with this RO water filter. After the flush is done, I get clear and delicious water. The water tastes great and I feel better when the mineral filter replaces what was removed.