Thought Art

How are you working on being a better Ally toward BIPOC

68 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Why?

because it's silly

do you think everything that has been written down in a book etc. and deemed some form of education is valuable?

@Carl-Richard i'd rather stare at the clouds or watch the muppets than to learn about silly ideologies

but i'm glad that we talked about it, this was such a nice chat, soooo nice nice

and remember this moment is what god is :x

seeyaa 

23 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

do you think everything that has been written down in a book etc. and deemed some form of education is valuable?

We're not talking about books. We're talking about a very specific book that represents a well-established discipline with real-life impact and empirical evidence to show for it. In what way are all these smart and driven people wasting their time?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

13 hours ago, PurpleTree said:
22 hours ago, aurum said:

Us (white people) basically built our entire nation on oppressing POC.

well i'm not a part of your nation so it's whatever

You have zero experience with racism, zero interest in learning and no empathy for marginalized peoples.  What makes you qualified to give any insight on solving these problems?

4 minutes ago, FlyingLotus said:

You have zero experience with racism, zero interest in learning and no empathy for marginalized peoples.  What makes you qualified to give any insight on solving these problems?

you have zero this zero that :x such nice a person you are thanks

where did i say i'm qualified.

Edited by PurpleTree

@FlyingLotus There is no point in talking to someone who isn't coming from a place of openmindedness and willingness to learn. I've already said too much.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

7 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

where did i say i'm qualified.

That’s the point.  You are unqualified and ignorant.  You refuse to learn about racism or even open your mind a little bit. 

There are tons of great responses here.  You’re not addressing them because you don’t have a leg to stand on.  There are very smart people in this thread with a track record of wise, insightful posts.  Maybe try learning from them instead of scoffing ignorantly at others.

7 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

you have zero this zero that :x such nice a person you are thanks

You're lucky you have no idea how much of a scary bitch I can be ?  

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

@FlyingLotus There is no point in talking to someone who comes from a place of closemindedness and ignorance. I've already said too much.

Good point!  IMO, you haven't said too much :)

To all the genuine allies of BIPOC and women and the LGBTQ community, THANK YOU.  You have no idea what a difference it makes to someone who's being unfairly harassed at work, or in school or anywhere for that matter.  It's uncomfortable for victims to talk about because they mostly want to sweep it under the carpet and move on with their life, but the ignorance of others can be demoralizing and all pervasive.  It's bad enough being attacked and even worse feeling alone in the hurt and injustice.

Thank you for using your gifts to help others instead of sealing yourself in a bubble of entitlement and ignorance.  It gets noticed, even if it doesn't always get mentioned.  

!!! THANK YOU FOR BEING AN ALLY !!! 

^ asians are the highest earning race and ethnic group in the u.s. 

also they score the highest at sats

i find the victim mentality silly 

also you don't know what i know about racism

but i'll leave it at that were going in circles i already said goodbyes to the topic and then you called me back

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

^ asians are the highest earning race and ethnic group in the u.s. 

also they score the highest at sats

i find the victim mentality silly 

also you don't know what i know about racism

but i'll leave it at that were going in circles i already said goodbyes to the topic and then you called me back

Asians need to clear a much higher bar in terms of education and earning power to immigrate the to the US.  

That's a RACIST POLICY, saying Asians need to be better than Whites to get the same result.  Thank you for proving my point for me.

Edited by FlyingLotus

6 minutes ago, FlyingLotus said:

Asians needs to clear a much higher bar in terms of education and earning power to immigrate the to the US.  

That's a RACIST POLICY, saying Asians need to be better than Whites to get the same result.  Thank you for proving my point for me.

but asians don't get the same results, they are the highest earning group not whites, so asians get better results.

see how you make everything into racism and being a victim. oh no white man bad. white old man bad bad.

also i'm not just talking about immigrants obviously but asian americans who've been in the u.s. for generations

Edited by PurpleTree

45 minutes ago, FlyingLotus said:

Good point!  IMO, you haven't said too much :)

To all the genuine allies of BIPOC and women and the LGBTQ community, THANK YOU.  You have no idea what a difference it makes to someone who's being unfairly harassed at work, or in school or anywhere for that matter.  It's uncomfortable for victims to talk about because they mostly want to sweep it under the carpet and move on with their life, but the ignorance of others can be demoralizing and all pervasive.  It's bad enough being attacked and even worse feeling alone in the hurt and injustice.

Thank you for using your gifts to help others instead of sealing yourself in a bubble of entitlement and ignorance.  It gets noticed, even if it doesn't always get mentioned.  

!!! THANK YOU FOR BEING AN ALLY !!! 

Healing together ❤️

I know you hate reading but here's an article that shows why those statistics are misleading.

Income inequality is largest among Asian Americans, which means there are a tiny few at the top inflating the average.  There are ultra wealthy, billionaire Asian families who move to the US but they are very different than the average Asian person.  

If Bill Gates walks into a soup kitchen for orphans, the average net worth of everyone in the soup kitchen will be in the billions of dollars.  That doesn't mean the orphans are billionaires.  

see how you make everything into racism and being a victim. oh no white man bad. white old man bad bad.

Show a single instance of me criticizing white men.  You can't find any because I believe people are given gifts to help the world and it's pointless to feel guilty about said gifts.  Just a few posts ago I thanked the guys in this thread, both white and non-white, for being allies.  

It's possible and beneficial to address BOTH economic AND racial inequality (and any other factors that contribute to suffering and destruction).  You're the one saying we should ignore the role that race plays. 

also i'm not just talking about immigrants obviously but asian americans who've been in the u.s. for generations

When you're born into a rich, highly educated family it affects that family for generations, for hundreds if not thousands of years.

Nobody is comparing black doctors to homeless white guys.  They're comparing black doctors to other doctors who are white, Asian, Latino, etc.  

Edited by FlyingLotus

1 minute ago, aurum said:

Healing together ❤️

That's what it's all about ? ?

2 hours ago, FlyingLotus said:

Some memes can be very funny!!

morpheus.png

do you really find that funny?

i mean i sometimes hear people say the n word and i'm not black

Yes it's funny.  Ignorant people think that racism doesn't exist because it doesn't affect them.

That's also what racist people think by the way.

Edited by FlyingLotus

6 minutes ago, FlyingLotus said:

Yes it's funny.  Ignorant people think that racism doesn't exist because it doesn't effect them.

That's also what racist people think by the way.

ok so you say it's true. but where's the humour in it, what makes it funny?

well it doesn't really matter, humour is very subjective obviously

often people want to show me stuff they find funny and i just find it kind of corny (i'm fun at parties ayeee:P)

Edited by PurpleTree

This thread has been a demonstration of all the things you don't understand and how you have a very very very closed mind.

If you don't understand the value of reading or how racism was integral to slavery, you have bigger problems than needing jokes explained to you. 

There seems to be no amount of evidence anyone can show you about racism that will open your mind.  Even a crack. 

As others have pointed out on this forum, your epistemology has more holes than a brick of swiss cheese. 

I feel very very very sorry for you.  Your ignorance hurts you way way way more than it hurts me.  

I'm personally not interested in engaging with you further.  

(For the sake of context, PurpleTree kept coming at me in a different thread a while ago, so this isn't our first time discussing this sadly 9_9)

Edited by FlyingLotus