Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Patrick_9931

Enlightenment vs career

7 posts in this topic

Does it even make sense to pursue enlightenment before you’ve handled your career and financial situation?

I’m asking that because I’m 21 years old , I haven’t yet finished my education (diploma) whereas my pears at this age are already finishing university , I live with my mother and I don’t have a penny (so my objective “real life” situation is not that great.)

Recently, during an lsd trip , I had a huge enlightenment experience where I realised that I am god dreaming up the whole universe including Leo , Actualzied.org an so on. I realised that it was all just me, it was all just GOD playing hide and seek with himself.

That was actually an amazingly liberating experience  because right after that, among other things, for some days I entered in this deep  zen / taoits non-action like state, where I was free of any suffering  because i was totally present and totally with the flow of life, every action was effortless and everything seemed to be perfect, it seemed like if I could be able to stay in that state forever every problem would automatically disappear  , or at least the problems would still be there but my approach to them would be totally different 

But now a week passed , the ego backlash kicked in and it seems like I’m at the same point where I was before the trip: anxious, confused and penniless 

At this point I wonder  if it even makes sense to pursue enlightenment with psychedelics , at such a young age and without having your career handled down.

For those of you who are more experienced then me, what do you think about it? :

Is it possible, and does it make sense to just go the hard way with psychedelics and unlock that zen / non-action taoits like state 24/7? And then from that state your career and all the other things will just happen naturally and spontaneously 

Or would it just be more wise if I handle down my survival first and do not use enlightenment and psychedelics as a way to escape from my everyday problems and responsibilities ? What do you think about it ?

Thanks in advance <3

Edited by Patrick_9931

1 hour ago, Patrick_9931 said:

Does it even make sense to pursue enlightenment before you’ve handled your career and financial situation?

You should do whatever is best for your life situation. For some folks, handling finances/career prior to enlightenment is best...sometimes vice versa.

Sometimes you are able to work on both at the same time, even infuse them together so they work synergistically  (my path).

47 minutes ago, Jakuchu said:

Just become a hermit 

This is not a nuanced perspective...one shoe size doesn't fit everyone. Be careful about giving simple minded advice.

It doesn't have to be one or the other. Both are important. The journey is about learning to survive, but also about learning not to suffer while surviving.

At 19, I spent 2 years serving others on the spiritual path. At 21, I returned to college and studied hard. Life has been a roller coaster between being and doing ever since.

Enjoy the ride, and realize that you created it for a reason. ?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Patrick_9931 oh boy, hehehe. Here's what I would say :) 

This deep zen / taoits non-action like state you mention is not only about 'stillness to eradicate issues'. It is also about 'stillness to discover movement'. And this movement is where you create from. So does it make sense to pursue enlightenment before a career? Hell yes. That's the whole point imo. 

If you're not very close to yourself, the career you build might not even make sense. But if you are close to yourself, it might make a lot of sense and actually might aid  your enlightenment journey. Everyone is different even though essentially it is all the same. Just remember this: you can't make the wrong decision. Everything you do will be right. You belong to yourself. You can't take yourself away from yourself or out of yourself, it is not possible. It's like trying to take the paper out of paper.