ShardMare

Fatigue after school and depression

26 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Gregory1 said:

@ShardMare

You could take up to 100.000 IU a day. Many doctors would advise against this, I'd advise you to do your own research. 

The following book is a must read, if you want a better understanding of your issues. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1491243821/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=vitamin+d3+book&qid=1633032519&sr=8-2

By the way, your spots could very well be cured by gaining healthy amounts of vitD but I can't go into detail with that you have to read the book. 

Get a blood test done, it's cheap. Check your D3 levels, ideal is 90-100. For most people they are way to low, around 20-30. 

After blood test take d3, for exact amounts DON'T listen to your doctor. They will advice you to take way to little D3. Read the book, you could go with 20.000-60.000 a day. Author takes 25.000 IU a DAY just to MAINTAIN healthy D3 levels. 

Good luck and cheers! 

EDIT:

You should always take your VitD3 with K2. for 10.000IU D3 take 100ug K2 (MK7) 

EDIT 2:

Also I would advise you to clearly communicate with your mother. You have a serious issue that stops you from functioning normally. This is not a joke, this is serious stuff. If she doesn't get it I'd advise you not to listen to her anymore and go out on your own to get your tests done/get your problem solved. Your mom is not responsible for telling you when you should work and when you shouldn't. You should be your own boss and decide on your own when to study and when to do other stuff. 

Yeah - no - I am sorry, I have to intervene here...

You clearly have no idea how the Vitamin D3 metabolism works if you genuinely think its a good idea to prescribe up to 100k I.U's to someone you know through the internet. I mean, thats batshit crazy. That could kill someone in the right circumstance. I dont care what book you read or what you think is right or wrong - I have personally treated people with hypervitaminosis D who took much smaller doses than what you said is okay. 

Its not even that the author is wrong - it could well be that in his case and it some others, this helps a lot. But to give crazy high dosages of a fat-soluable vitamin to someone you dont know, without any significant data at all - is ludicrous. Just some examples:
- What if OP is already high in blood-calcium and also a fast receptor responder to exogenous vitamin D3 - his heart could just stop in his sleep
- What if he has a mutation in his CYP24A1-gene?
- What if his true cause of his fatigue is a problem with his kidneys? You could push him directly into kidney failure...

I mean come on dude, the first comment on the amazon-page from that book is literally a guy who almost died from Vitamin D ovderose. 

Please, @ShardMare - dont do anything this guy tells you without proper monitoring.
Start with your baseline Vitamin D3 - optimal range is between 50 - 80 ng/mL - it should be in the high normal range.
Its true that most doctors are very careful with vitamin D, maybe even too careful. Thats usually because they dont really know how high they can go and they just recommend dosages by mainstream insitutations or the instruction leaflet. Meta-analyses have shown that people with serum levels between 40-60 ng/ml have the lowest all-cause mortality, meaning they die less of all non-accidental diseases.

- 1000 I.U a day is usually enough to raise your Vitamin D levels about 5ng/ml 
- everything between 1000-4000 I.U/day is fine at the beginning and good for maintenance
- If you want to go high, start with at max. 4000 I.U a day if your baseline is low and  recheck your levels at some point, as well as your Calcium.
- If you want to go higher, you can do that with proper guidance (integrative physician) 
- I would be very careful with everything over 20.000 I.U a day 

Take care

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

@undeather I will just ask my doctor. Take tests first.

I stopped using D3 vitamin because i have serious chestpain after it. If i would take it every singleday for a week i dont know how i would feel. 

i cant imagine how i would feel after taking more than 1 pill. I can imagine after 10 000 NE i would just die lol

Is this common, to feel this way? this chestpain

4 hours ago, ShardMare said:
7 hours ago, ShardMare said:
15 hours ago, JohnnyAb said:

I will just ask my doctor. Take tests first.

@JohnnyAb

Don't forget to read the book. Your doctor will be very closed minded to the idea of taking high amounts of D3. It's not what he has been taught when studying medicine, what today's doctors "know" about Vitamine D is largely outdated and not based on the newest discoveries/science on the vitamine.

@undeather Sorry but you're simply being closed minded here. If you truly care about understanding D3 open your mind to the possibility that you don't know everything yet. Then read the book and eveluate it with healthy scepticism.

I do NOT advise to take 100k IU. I just said you COULD.

Before you do that though get an understanding about Vitamine D3 (not the outdated understanding from your doctor, but what actual science knows about D3). 

To get that understanding, read the book. 

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

7 hours ago, Gregory1 said:

@JohnnyAb

Don't forget to read the book. Your doctor will be very closed minded to the idea of taking high amounts of D3. It's not what he has been taught when studying medicine, what today's doctors "know" about Vitamine D is largely outdated and not based on the newest discoveries/science on the vitamine.

@undeather Sorry but you're simply being closed minded here. If you truly care about understanding D3 open your mind to the possibility that you don't know everything yet. Then read the book and eveluate it with healthy scepticism.

Before you do that though get an understanding about Vitamine D3 (not the outdated understanding from your doctor, but what actual science knows about D3). 

To get that understanding, read the book. 

What the hell. You didnt even try to understand my point, did you? So lets go through that ....

If you truly care about understanding D3 open your mind to the possibility that you don't know everything yet.

So here is my background regarding D3: I am a licensed physician, working as a internal medicine doctor (spec. gastroenterologist) in a university hospital. Besides being in med school for 6 years, I also have several diplomas in alternative health approaches like ayurveda and accupuncture. Besides that I am attending integrative medicine workshops every other weekend. I have watched weekend long seminars about vitamin-therapy, including D3. I have personally read all the relevant literature in D3, basically all the meta studies, most of the RCT's and some of the preliminary data due to its potential relevancy in Covid patients. I was an early adopter of giving Vitamin D3 to our Covid patients. Back in January 2021 I held a presentation in front of my collegues about the potential impacts and potential dangers of Vitamin D. I have propably given D3 to hundreds of people. I have seen D3 overdoses. I have treated them. I also know exactly what you need to look at before you want to give someone a high dose of a fat-soluable vitamin. You clearly dont. 

As you can see, I havent just read a book.

You are right that most doctors dont really know about the whole literature about D3, but chances are high you dont know it either. Also, what is YOUR personal experience in treating a wide variety of people? Not some book - but YOUR experience.

Now look, as I already mentioned in my previous post - the author might be onto something. But to overgeneralize his statements without nuance and the required experience, is again, batshit crazy. Stop that black and white thinking. 

Even telling people they "could" without proper context is of negligent nature. 
You are treating a human, not some bot over the internet. What if he decides to take it and suffers from one of the conditions i mentioned in the previous post? What if he does it without proper monitoring? What if he dies?

You dont think shit like this happens? Of course its very reare, but it happens all the time..

12 hours ago, ShardMare said:

@undeather I will just ask my doctor. Take tests first.

I stopped using D3 vitamin because i have serious chestpain after it. If i would take it every singleday for a week i dont know how i would feel. 

i cant imagine how i would feel after taking more than 1 pill. I can imagine after 10 000 NE i would just die lol

Is this common, to feel this way? this chestpain

@ShardMare

Its very uncommon to feel chest pain after Taking D3:
- Could be some adverse GI reaction to the supplement (chest pain in young patients sometimes comes from the gastric region)
- Try taking the supplement with a high-fat meal (or at least a bigger meal)
- Try supplementing magnesium as well 

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

I've gone to psychiatrist and I've been diagnosed with mild depression. I have to take this herb called St Johns Wort(maybe i wrote it down wrong) and i have to go back after 1 month

1 hour ago, ShardMare said:

I've gone to psychiatrist and I've been diagnosed with mild depression. I have to take this herb called St Johns Wort(maybe i wrote it down wrong) and i have to go back after 1 month

SJW can actually be pretty effective for MD as long as it is targeting the right cause. Glad they put you on that rather than fluoxetine or something like that. Looks like an open-minded psychiatrist :) Good luck !

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus