Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shawn Philips

Afraid to quit my job because my boss is a devil

7 posts in this topic

My best friend told me that in his company they need somebody like me, I got an interview with them and they want I start right now! id have better work environment, with less stress, and id work with my best friend.

The problem is in my actual job the boss is a cruel prick who reacts really bad whenever somebody wants to quit. Te last time a ex-mate wanted to quit, (he had to notify it before 15 days) the boss bullied forcing him to make desgrading tasks, and also forbid to other mates to talk with him. 

I'm worried that he may do the same with me.

I dont know if it would be better to invent a excuse like I'll work into a family company or a cousin's business, and probably would react better?

How can I handle with with conflictive boss? Either way I'll have to stay 15 days.

Resign, and for the next 15 days be present. Use it as an opportunity for spiritual growth. You are more likely to grow in a storm than in a cave. Radiate sincere kindness and space. If you really want to leverage it, realize that your boss is the same Consciousness that you are. See beyond the personality to the essence, which is who both of you actually are.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Whatever you do, resign and take the new job.

Worst comes to worst, it's only 15 days.  You can take it.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Just quit asap. Do not let yourself be hostage, period. If he starts a bully campaign, fight back, you don't have anything to lose anyway. What is he going to do? Fire you?

Be assertive. Don't let him beat you down. Just because he is higher in an arbitrary hierarchy doesn't mean shit. Don't make the mistake of trying to be 'zen' and let him do whatever he wants. Your boss is probably a narcissist and you shouldn't want him in your life anyway.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

You aren't going to work at the current place forever anyway so if you want to leave and already have a better fit, go ahead.

If the boss treats the employees like shit, all the more reason to not stay and get the heck out.

You could have rightfully left when you saw how horrible your coworker was being treated.

1 hour ago, Shawn Philips said:

My best friend told me that in his company they need somebody like me, I got an interview with them and they want I start right now! id have better work environment, with less stress, and id work with my best friend.

The problem is in my actual job the boss is a cruel prick who reacts really bad whenever somebody wants to quit. Te last time a ex-mate wanted to quit, (he had to notify it before 15 days) the boss bullied forcing him to make desgrading tasks, and also forbid to other mates to talk with him. 

I'm worried that he may do the same with me.

I dont know if it would be better to invent a excuse like I'll work into a family company or a cousin's business, and probably would react better?

How can I handle with with conflictive boss? Either way I'll have to stay 15 days.

If you are in the US there isn't really anything that is making you stay the two weeks. If your boss is really giving you a hard time and there is a better opportunity out there, then it is a no brainer to leave. 

If the other job wants you to start right away, then I would consider just letting the boss know that you are leaving in a shorter time frame. You probably won't get a great recommendation from him in the future. However, if that boss has that kind of attitude towards the employees their word probably won't be good anyway. 

Something to consider to is that you will probably never work there again though either if you go this route. However, from the sounds of what you said that would probably be a good thing for you. 

My sister had this situation once only worse. The owner was physically abusive, he shoved one of the administers up against the wall when he had a disagreement with her.  Here's what she did.

If your paycheck goes through him, then make sure you get it first.  Write him a respectful and tactful resignation letter, something along the lines of: "This letter is to regretfully inform you that due to a family health crisis I am forced to resign my job effective date as of today. Again, my regrets as  to the short notice.  Wishing you success in future.

Sincerely,

Your Name

Signature

Follow the format of one of these letters on this link: https://www.google.com/search?q=resignation+letter&client=firefox-b-1-d&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=WrUyacA-zxtm-M%2Co239AQSB4_G4HM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kT38iB45GB2jGkVN1DKKFX0CUko9Q&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiYpNCYzJbzAhVdJTQIHVXJCL0Q9QF6BAgeEAE&biw=1536&bih=739&dpr=1.25#imgrc=enrQLHHuc5WpLM

Then go in before people are there or after close when he's gone and leave it on his desk, walk away and don't look back.