Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deep

Following Your Heart And Samadhi

39 posts in this topic

We've been told by society that if we don't do "this" we're a bad person or vice versa. Our mind is susceptible to conditioning because it's so receptive. This entire spiritual process is against everything we've been taught. It's not society's fault because they can only tell us what they know and they don't know who they are. In the process, we may end up losing certain people, things, and places. That's perfectly okay but our mind likes to judge that as a bad thing. 

One solution I've found to such a problem is to let the mind sink into the heart. This way we can use our mind and follow our intuition at the same time. It feels pretty crazy at first but once it settles down, the mind doesn't control our actions. 

According to my research, there are different kinds of nirvikalpa samadhis. The type of samadhi Ramana Maharshi experienced and the type Ramakrishna, Jesus, and Buddha experienced are different. Ramana talks about a samadhi in which the mind is dissolved into the spiritual heart. This could mean that outer circumstances no longer bother us. We become one with our heart and experience peace. Ramakrishna talks about a samadhi in which the kundalini energy rises to our brain and we experience Consciousness (Brahman). Here is an article I read: https://luthar.com/2013/06/06/nirvikalpa-samadhi-two-different-perspectives/

One thing I know for sure is that this stuff is real. I can feel the kundalini energy in my lower back when I concentrate on something very hard. It's like a burning sensation and I don't have any medical problems. Although mine hasn't risen. It doesn't require any beliefs and it can happen to anyone at any time. Just wanted to share, much love! 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

@Deep You are definitely on the right track.

But the deepest samadhi is into Nothingness. That's what Maharshi and all the greatest mystics experienced.

The Heart is The Void. It's both hollow and infinitely full.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Nothingness lies within the heart of Samadhi. Samadhi is the link between what is this and what is not.

No, you don't experience consciousness, because the "you" that somehow has to "experience" consciousness is just the ego, and the ego is just a thought that cannot experience anything.  What happens is you understand that you are already consciousness and that the "person" was merely a thought appearing in front of you all that time.  That's enlightenment, Samadhi has nothing to do with it because samadhi is just an experience that consciousness witnesses.  Samadhis arise and pass away in the consciousness that you always are.  Resting in the heart just means that the mind turns inward, realizes that it is you and the seeking flame goes out.  Problem solved:)  Most people "rest in the heart" every day when they get something they want.  But the reason they dont become enlightened by merely getting what they want is because they are conditioned by the thought "I need to keep seeking because I dont realize I can stay home" 

Edited by kurt

For a newbie, all these talk are so hard to comprehend !

I mean, enlightenment is actually a very simple thing, but to explain it to a newbie, we have to use so many metaphors and analogies that it feels like we are talking to an alien race xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

25 minutes ago, Shin said:

For a newbie, all these talk are so hard to comprehend !

I mean, enlightenment is actually a very simple thing, but to explain it to a newbie, we have to use so many metaphors and analogies that it feels like we are talking to an alien race xD

Exactly, which is why I'm such a fan of 5-meo.

No bullshit talk. Just take it and all is revealed in 15 minutes. It's just so easy.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Exactly, which is why I'm such a fan of 5-meo.

Not bullshit talk. Just take it and all is revealed in 15 minutes.

But Leo - I'm a big fan of you, but this drugs thing, you must understand how this translates through different countries and societies round the world, how dangerous it is, just how simply impossible it is for some people, as well as all the stigma and stuff you would call ego. You must try to understand this has put people off your site and the whole she-bang.

@Neo What you don't realize yet, is that it's not a drug thing, it's a consciousness thing.

Low consciousness ALWAYS REFUSES high consciousness!

It's got nothing to do with drugs. "Drugs" is just the convenient excuse in this case.

If I achieved what I achieved without drugs. It would be equally rejected, just with a different set of excuses.

Until you experience AWAKENING FROM LIFE, you cannot understand it. You're not even 1% close to understanding it. Everything that you think and say and do and know is all part of the dream you're stuck in. Can you even begin to imagine the magnitude of that, were it true?

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

@Neo What you don't realize yet, is that it's not a drug thing, it's consciousness thing.

Low consciousness REFUSED high consciousness!

It's got nothing to do with drugs. "Drugs" is just the convenient excuse.

I ACCEPT there is a lot I don't realise, I ACCEPT that I may even change my mind about this. But for reasons I've mentioned several times in other threads I cannot go down that route and as long as people tell me the truth is not wholly dependent on it, I won't be doing it. And I will stick my neck out and say that I believe you've made a mistake in promoting it, sorry.

1 minute ago, Neo said:

I ACCEPT there is a lot I don't realise, I ACCEPT that I may even change my mind about this. But for reasons I've mentioned several times in other threads I cannot go down that route and as long as people tell me the truth is not wholly dependent on it, I won't be doing it. And I will stick my neck out and say that I believe you've made a mistake in promoting it, sorry.

Nobody says that you have to promote it, promoting Leo isn't promoting drugs usage. People can choose what material to take or not by themselve, and if they stop watching his content because they think he's a crazy junky, so be it ?

That only prove they are too closed-minded for undertaking a self-actualization yet, because without an open-mind, you'll get stuck extremely fast.

You can't content everyone, that would be an unauthentic move, and it never works anyway.

God is love

And God in them

6 minutes ago, Neo said:

But Leo - I'm a big fan of you, but this drugs thing, you must understand how this translates through different countries and societies round the world, how dangerous it is, just how simply impossible it is for some people, as well as all the stigma and stuff you would call ego. You must try to understand this has put people off your site and the whole she-bang.

Sorry Neo, but if you don't mind me saying, this is bullshit.

You and I have spoke before, and you may remember I'm not a big fan of the psychedelic thing either.

But, each to their own.  And to be honest, if people can't see past their own prejudices about it, and remain open minded, then they are not even ready for enlightenment.  

Enlightenment isnt a message you can spread like it's the next best thing since sliced bread and that all are invited.  All ARE invited, but few are capable of understanding what it takes to let go of their identity and realize who they really are.  

Im not being a bore, that's just the way it is,  it takes a certain level of maturity to entertain these ideas and knuckle down to do the work.  So if this drugs message pisses a few people off, then so be it. Those who cannot see the value of it are simpley not developed enough.  

That's not a judgement either, its just a fact.  Nothing wrong with it, but you got to accept the fact that enlightenment is not going to be everybodys destiny.

That only prove they are too closed-minded for undertaking a self-actualization yet, because without an open-mind, you'll get stuck extremely fast.

Saying one thing prove something completely unrelated is all I've heard on threads like this from those involved in drugs. You can't seem to hear this, "drugs" aren't necessary for enlightenment. End of story.

1 minute ago, Neo said:

Saying one thing prove something completely unrelated is all I've heard on threads like this from those involved in drugs. You can't seem to hear this, "drugs" aren't necessary for enlightenment. End of story.

Where did I say that drugs are necessary ?

It is not, it just helps destroying your ego faster (from what I understood about 5-meo).

It is fine if you don't want to, I don't read this board that often, but I didn't see anyone saying that you should take it, it is just recommanded.

Now, if you really don't want to, whatever your reasons is, it's fine, there is nothing wrong with it !

Still, acknowledge that it is one or multiple beliefs that tells you it is wrong, because how could you know, you never tried right ?

God is love

And God in them

Shin, when people start acting so defensively about their drug taking, it only reinforces my views that the person talking to me on the forum is reliant on them, and even makes me question whether they are just into drug induced states rather than achieving anything real. I've had a few minor experiences and I come away knowing there's a place I can go in my mind where something magical happens. The thought of having to pop a pill to do that, I find quite frankly "fake". The fact when I bring these things up, people turn it around and say there's something wrong with my readiness or openness, I just find bigoted and pervertedly defensive of their own lifestyle.

Definitely don't feel forced to take psychedelics.

I merely said it was a much more effective method of teaching than speech (which is obvious to anyone who's tried psychedelics).

If you wanna do enlightenment through self-inquiry or meditation, by all means have at it. It will be A LOT of work, but have at it. Still totally worth it.

On 12/10/2016 at 4:26 PM, kurt said:

No, you don't experience consciousness, because the "you" that somehow has to "experience" consciousness is just the ego, and the ego is just a thought that cannot experience anything.  What happens is you understand that you are already consciousness and that the "person" was merely a thought appearing in front of you all that time.  That's enlightenment, Samadhi has nothing to do with it because samadhi is just an experience that consciousness witnesses.  Samadhis arise and pass away in the consciousness that you always are.  Resting in the heart just means that the mind turns inward, realizes that it is you and the seeking flame goes out.  Problem solved:)  Most people "rest in the heart" every day when they get something they want.  But the reason they dont become enlightened by merely getting what they want is because they are conditioned by the thought "I need to keep seeking because I dont realize I can stay home" 

Without experiencing higher awareness, how do we know we are different from what we thought we were? For example, if I know I'm just observing my thoughts right now I don't feel different from the body/mind complex. A real samadhi should be one which differentiates between the ego and Self. right? If everything is Consciousness, aren't we experiencing it right now at a lesser intensity? I'm just asking for fun. lol B|

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

7 hours ago, Deep said:

Without experiencing higher awareness, how do we know we are different from what we thought we were? For example, if I know I'm just observing my thoughts right now I don't feel different from the body/mind complex. A real samadhi should be one which differentiates between the ego and Self. right? If everything is Consciousness, aren't we experiencing it right now at a lesser intensity? I'm just asking for fun. lol B|

ok, for shits n giggles, youre always experiencing yourself, 24/7.  You dont need to get into a samadhi state because samadhis are based off a fundamental misconception; that you can do something to become enlightened.  Which is never the case, because you are enlightened now, but if you dont know you are the light and your relationship to what appears to be "a world" out there, then youre still "unenlightened" - and those guys who want to seek samadhi will never understand enlightenment as long as they are chasing it.

Question: What is "the world" to you?

Edited by kurt

5 hours ago, kurt said:

and those guys who want to seek samadhi will never understand enlightenment as long as they are chasing it.

Samadhi is the direct realization of the true self or Anata  which is the gateway to the absolute. There is no one to seek, understand or chase anything. These fundamental misconceptions only arise in the absence of Samadhi (union).

12 hours ago, Deep said:

A real samadhi should be one which differentiates between the ego and Self. right? If everything is Consciousness, aren't we experiencing it right now at a lesser intensity?

@Deep What you say here is correct, to a lesser degree only because consciousness is being experienced through the individual self/mind awareness. Only through awakened awareness, (Anata) can the absolute be realized as it has no direct experience of itself. This is where the magic of it all lies. 

As long as we're in this body/mind/time/space existence, someone would have to be totally stone enlightened, I'm talking non- existent to be absolute consciousness 24/7. That being said, absolute consciousness can still be visited through Samadhi. And one day we all awaken from the dream of self and return again to the absolute we once where.

This is all a beautiful process of unfolding that is meant to be. You are exactly where you should be as part of that process. This is it happening now! To be one with that infinity unfolding process is to be one with God.

@cetus56 Union with what?  Anatta is a buddhist term.  The anatta doctrine states that there is no self. They examined the elements and declared them to be "empty" but failed to recognize that what was witnessing the emptiness was Bhraman, awareness/God.  So Anatta is just a philosophical misconception of the nature of reality which means that Buddhist doctrine is still stuck in this material universe, therefore it is a humanistic philosophy.  But Bhraman is the only thing that exists, and the world does not exist, it only appears to exist.  There is no real "samadhi" because samadhi is a state experience in the apparent non existing universe of which Bhraman is the ever present witness of. Bhraman doles out state experiences which we call samadhi, but these are in the dream. There is no "union" because non existent entities cannot "unite" with "nothingness" because nothingness is a philosophical concept (as I mentioned before).  Also, how can all entities awaken and return to the absolute?  There is nobody here to awaken, there is only Bhraman looking at its creation.  You also mention "God" in the same sentence as anatta, which means you are lumping Bhraman in with the Buddhist concept of anatta, but if you are to refer to the Buddhist concept of anatta then you cannot talk about God in the same context - the two are incompatible because Buddhists assert that there is no God.  So this is not right either.  "God" is the aspect inherent in Bhraman  which is called ignorance, or "Maya" which  projects and a world. However there is no real world.  You can verify this yourself by contemplating the concept of time.  Time is a thought, is it not?  If time as a concept, and there is only one "eternal now" then how does this account for the fact that your body changes and deteriorates over time?  If there is no time, and only one moment, the "now" that means the body never changes.  And its true, because there is no world, no body, its just Bhraman projecting thoughts every nano second that seem to look like a continuity of a life, its not a real creation, its a projection, like a predetermined programme.  Your "life" has happened before, many times, and will continue to happen again in the next cycle.  Its like a movie playing over and over.

I think you are confusing a lot of doctrines and lumping them all in the same category.  This is a symptom of the perennial philosophy, a belief system based on the assumptions that all the non dual systems of thought point toward the same truth, which is just a new age belief system.

Perhaps you get a lot of your information from this new age video here?  I think this sort of thinking just confuses people and leads them on a wild goose chase, chasing ideas that are not even remotely related to each other.

Edited by kurt