Cepzeu

Sadhguru and low sleep amount

8 posts in this topic

Sadhguru often talks about how he only sleeps a couple hours a night. Anyone tried this with success? I assume it has something to do with low energy wastage on thought - from consciousness work. I feel like I only *need* 6 hours, but often sleep 8-9 habitually or for pleasure.

Stop comparing yourself to a worldclass yogi. You might as well compare yourself to a kangaroo.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Find what works for you, things in your life will generally backfire if you just try to ape others.

Kobe Bryant was a world class athlete that only slept 4-5 hours per night, imagine how many aspiring basketball players screwed up their health trying to imitate that without considering that they didn't win the genetic lottery like him.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Sadhguru is in the focus of millions of people. One of the reasons he has that amount of energy. If nobody would know him, maybe his sleeping patterns will change. 

Singer

14™

@Cepzeu Sadhguru is a realized yogi! if he wants he can easily stop sleeping or eating or even breathing or even it can go as crazy as leaving his body and let it get rotten and recreate it with cosmic atoms!

forget about that, you and I just like a normal person need 7 8 hours of sleep everyday to be able to have enough energy and mental stability to function well throughout the day.

Edited by m0hsen

People need different amount of sleep. I saw a short documentary-ish, about a old man who lived in a shack in the middle of a forest. And this man was not a yogi or such, but he only sleept about 5-10 min per night. He had no tv, no books it seems, and he spent the rest of the night walking around in the forest. And yes, he lived alone out there, with some help of good samaritans.

amount of sleep is directly related to your habit and the need of your body.

you can decrease the amount of sleep (only gradually) but some time you need it more because you do physically or psychologically demanding activities that make your body thirsty to hours of sleep.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"