Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndylizedAAY

Being a Part of a Religious Practice I Don't Want to do

24 posts in this topic

So my church is running out of people for the worship team so my Mom asked me to join. I reluctantly agreed because I don't want her to find out the truth of what I don't believe. Honestly, I forgot why I started to stop believing. I think it has something to do with the decision of the afterlife but I forgot the details of that idea. The church I go to is nothing compared to Leo's teachings. The obvious thing to do is to just go along with it but what do I do if I get sick of it eventually on the inside?  

22 minutes ago, AndylizedAAY said:

So my church is running out of people for the worship team so my Mom asked me to join. I reluctantly agreed because I don't want her to find out the truth of what I don't believe. Honestly, I forgot why I started to stop believing. I think it has something to do with the decision of the afterlife but I forgot the details of that idea. The church I go to is nothing compared to Leo's teachings. The obvious thing to do is to just go along with it but what do I do if I get sick of it eventually on the inside?  

i would have a rethink about this

you are being pushed front and center to being one's of the church's stars

i would tell her something like, having thought about it i realize school will be too busy for me this year to take on worship team

church might be okay for socializing and maybe even getting a handle on the bible but overall it is going to hold you back in your spiritual journey

if you want some good christian stuff that would tie in with leo check out bishop john shelby sprong, how he reformulates what the gospels truly mean

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Shelby_Spong

I’m also part of a church I don’t believe in. I just kind of don’t go sometimes if I think I can get away from it. I also just accept and go along with most of it and make the best of it

sometimes you can get pretty heavily sucked into commitments though. You’ve gotta kind of feel it out and see what’s right. Use your skill of navigating.

I’m literally going to a church Cornhole tournament right now.

The ultimate answer is career. Keep planning your career with a heavy bent toward action, so you can find out quickly what works and what doesn’t, do you can move out sooner and live a more authentic life.

or you could tell the truth, but sometimes that is not practical since it will cause too much turmoil.

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

14 minutes ago, Bob Seeker said:

I’m also part of a church I don’t believe in. I just kind of don’t go sometimes if I think I can get away from it. I also just accept and go along with most of it and make the best of it

sometimes you can get pretty heavily sucked into commitments though. You’ve gotta kind of feel it out and see what’s right. Use your skill of navigating.

I’m literally going to a church Cornhole tournament right now.

The ultimate answer is career. Keep planning your career with a heavy bent toward action, so you can find out quickly what works and what doesn’t, do you can move out sooner and live a more authentic life.

or you could tell the truth, but sometimes that is not practical since it will cause too much turmoil.

yes speaking out the truth can upend others as well as you ... there is much collateral damage involved

the highest truth is not to speak truth but live it ... do everything resist nothing and be the light of the world

st francis said, preach the gospel use words only where necessary

The obvious thing to do is not agree, not go along with it. 

People feel their thoughts, you feel yours. 

You abide in that guidance, and you will see with your own eyes everyone around you will too. 

It is inevitable and can be no other way. 

Love is infallible. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

If you depend financially on your family stay in church and believe what you want in private. If not, then quit that whole church group.

Singer

14™

@Nahm i see that point too. I mean if you act fearlessly, that courage will probably be rewarded in some hard too see way by the universe. Maybe just in the form of self-esteem.

im definitely too afraid right now myself to do that, and it only gets worse the longer you go along with it I think.

idk.

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

The obvious thing to do is not agree, not go along with it. 

People feel their thoughts, you feel yours. 

You abide in that guidance, and you will see with your own eyes everyone around you will too. 

It is inevitable and can be no other way. 

Love is infallible. 

church gets deep claws in you, it is hard to unhook

bear in mind that church CAN lead to the highest truth, but it will be a most arduous journey since you will be fought every step by the powers that be

and leaving it behind is damn hard

1 minute ago, Bob Seeker said:

@Nahm i see that point too. I mean if you act fearlessly, that courage will probably be rewarded in some hard too see way by the universe. Maybe just in the form of self-esteem.

im definitely too afraid right now myself to do that, and it only gets worse the longer you go along with it I think.

idk.

That I, the one which is too afraid, is actually a thought, a belief. You are not in the the thought narrative of fear, courage & self esteem. Awareness is aware of those thoughts. 

2 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

church gets deep claws in you, it is hard to unhook

bear in mind that church CAN lead to the highest truth, but it will be a most arduous journey since you will be fought every step by the powers that be

and leaving it behind is damn hard

Church is a building. An idea of an organization. It has not the property of assertion, nor leading. There is nothing to fight. Leaving behind what doesn’t resonate is the easiest thing to do possible, because one feels better, which is why one went there in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

That I, the one which is too afraid, is actually a thought, a belief. You are not in the the thought narrative of fear, courage & self esteem. Awareness is aware of those thoughts. 

Church is a building. An idea of an organization. It has not the property of assertion, nor leading. There is nothing to fight. Leaving behind what doesn’t resonate is the easiest thing to do possible, because one feels better, which is why one went there in the first place. 

no you are dragged there from the time when you could not make up your own mind

if you leave you become the black sheep of the family and pariah of the community, and reap the dire consequences

to the point where even your basic survival is drastically impacted

leaving can't be done lightly

in my case i spun some story that i now do online church

that's the end of the conversation

thank you covid

5 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

no you are dragged there from the time when you could not make up your own mind

That thought is that there is a past. One is identifying by that thought. It is not then which one can not make up one’s own mind so to speak, it is now when one is making up one’s own mind. 

if you leave you become the black sheep of the family and pariah of the community, and reap the dire consequences

That is a self fulfilling prophecy. The opposite outcome is equally true. Be at peace in allowing others to feel their own judgements and conjectures. You will be most pleased, elated, which what you experience in relation to those around you. 

to the point where even your basic survival is drastically impacted

leaving can't be done lightly

Not doing, not going, not believing, is effortless. 

That thought is that there is a past. One is identifying by that thought. It is not then which one can not make up one’s own mind so to speak, it is now when one is making up one’s own mind. 

That is a self fulfilling prophecy. The opposite outcome is equally true. Be at peace in allowing others to feel their own judgements and conjectures.

Not doing, not going, not believing, is effortless. 

with respect i lived this

it is just like a slave leaving his master

masr ain't gona let you go easy and will never stop til you back in the fold

i am persecuted and penalised every day for stepping away, i am basically a second class citizen

@gettoefl

You are the creator of your reality. But - only now. 

in ideal world yea, not when you have no power to live the life that you want to lead, then you do what you have to do to get through the day

@gettoefl

Likewise, with respect, you assume much about me. 

didn't say a word about you, but you are speaking theoretically, i deal with this in day to day life

21 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

in ideal world yea, not when you have no power to live the life that you want to lead, then you do what you have to do to get through the day

16 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

didn't say a word about you, but you are speaking theoretically, i deal with this in day to day life

(More of the same)

"ideal world" is purely abstract to me ... well do you have any skin in the game on this topic?

@Nahm