Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndylizedAAY

Being a Part of a Religious Practice I Don't Want to do

24 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, gettoefl said:

i would have a rethink about this

you are being pushed front and center to being one's of the church's stars

i would tell her something like, having thought about it i realize school will be too busy for me this year to take on worship team. 

I can't use school as an excuse because I would go to church regardless if I'm on the worship team and practicing also doesn't take that long. The reason I'm responding at this time is because my Mom overslept so church was cancelled for me. 

Edited by AndylizedAAY
Needed to explain why I'm responding at this time.

1 hour ago, AndylizedAAY said:

I can't use school as an excuse because I would go to church regardless if I'm on the worship team and practicing also doesn't take that long. The reason I'm responding at this time is because my Mom overslept so church was cancelled for me. 

god is good all the time ... worship team is fun but just beware you are getting in deeper

@AndylizedAAY what type of church is it, and what does the worship team do? If it's the music and visuals department for the church services, then if you're stuck with doing it, my suggestion would be to milk it for whatever practical experience and skills you can gain, until you're independent enough to make your own religious choices. For example there's been lots of professional singers and musicians who started off in a church choir. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :)