Tancrede Pouyat

[book] Being Infinite, By Martin Ball (9/10)

12 posts in this topic

How did Martin Ball get enlightened using 5-MeO ?

Read this 300-page book and you'll know. And, yes, you need to read it cover to cover. 

I also really love this book because it just shows you how accessible enlightenment is. Let me get clearer here. When someone tells us that we're already enlightened, we just forgot, it doesn't really help. But after having finished this book, I really feel that enlightenment is right there !

Also, I felt a real evolution of the Martin character. By this I mean that you have to become the kind of person who can be enlightened before reaching enlightenment. And I could really see this happening for him. 

At a few points in the book, he stops the story and elaborates on what he learned in that period of his life. This is awesome. It really helps solidify the learning. It's like Wyatt Woodsmall says "knowledge + experience = understanding."

I'll leave you off to the book with another lesson I've learned : I can grow myself spiritually using any kind of altered state of consciousness, but I need radical Grounded Openness to do so.

>  By this I mean that you have to become the kind of person who can be enlightened before reaching enlightenment. 

That resonates. Makes sense, if an unstable person gets too much insight it might shake the foundation of the ego mind/life too much. 

Have you read Being Human? That's the one he wrote shortly after his awakening (I think). I thought that would be the one going most into detail about his transformation. I haven't read it.

On 12/5/2016 at 7:12 PM, AlwaysBeNice said:

>  By this I mean that you have to become the kind of person who can be enlightened before reaching enlightenment. 

That resonates. Makes sense, if an unstable person gets too much insight it might shake the foundation of the ego mind/life too much. 

The truth is, the person does not get the insight.  This notion suggests that you are not already enlightened.  But you are, you just believe you are a person.  So "enlightenment" means you realize you have something that you've always had.  Its like asking God to put a head on your shoulders - not even God can make you enlightened.  The only thing that happens is you realize you're not actually this person.  There is no "insight" to get, just a shift in understanding.:)

@kurt Martin talks about your kind in the book. You have developed a spiritual ego, you're just like any other New Age hippie. This is what happens when you tell someone low on the pyramid of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs about enlightenment. 

To transcend means to include !!!! Self-transcendance comes AFTER self-actualization. Read this book and you'll understand. 

29 minutes ago, Tancrede Pouyat said:

@kurt Martin talks about your kind in the book. You have developed a spiritual ego, you're just like any other New Age hippie. This is what happens when you tell someone low on the pyramid of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs about enlightenment. 

To transcend means to include !!!! Self-transcendance comes AFTER self-actualization. Read this book and you'll understand. 

Well, fuck me, you just made me want to follow your youtube channel.  Where can i sign up with the other 3 of your followers who review New Age books about Maslow theories ?

Why did you delete all your 300 videos with 12 views each where you were copying leo?  They were funny:)

Edited by kurt

@kurt You're right. I still have a lot of development to do. Especially if I want my vision for this world to be realized. I'm just some kid who thinks he's special. I'm not special in any way. I am nobody. All I do is play games, stupid dumb little games. Make-believe made by real, mature adults who know what they're doing, and who are trying to teach me something I clearly don't understand. I don't care at all about other people, what they think, what they do, how they live their lives. Hell, how would I know what's right for them ? I CAN'T ! And that's the truth. Maybe I am copying Leo, maybe I am deluding myself, maybe my ego is playing tricks on me - tricks I could never see coming. Maybe my vision is stupid. Maybe nobody's even watched the last video in its entirety.

Anyways...

@Tancrede Pouyat Look, its fine.  You read a chapter in a book, internalize it, that informs your perspective and then you call out the first person you see who might look like they fit the bill of spiritual ego.  Whatever a spiritual ego is? ? Who knows? Martin Ball, its seems.  And what sort of person interprets their experience according to what they just read in some random persons autobiography and "personal" enlightenment teaching?  Think about that for a moment, if you CAN think for yourself?

But before you do, answer me this, 

Before you learned what a "spiritual ego" is, i wonder in what other ways you used to interpret your unconscious likes and dislikes and blame them on others instead of actually dealing with them yourself?  

I bet you used to call everyone you didnt like "the pain body"?  Yes, I know Eckhart is very "last year".  Its not fashionable to talk pain body anymore, is it?  Its "the spiritual ego" these days.

I wonder if you actually know me at all?  Do you?  You must be a genius to be able to spot that i have a spiritual ego from your armchair diagnosis after reading a book about it?  

I admit, youre probably right, but the thing is, its doesnt matter if I have an ego or not, what matters is I take your comment as it is, and I forget about it, which ironically gets RID of my ego.  How do you like that for a teaching?  Maybe you could use it and do some practical stuff with your own ego instead of just reading books about the ego and then projecting your new found knowledge onto the next person who pops into your visual field?

I would subscribe if you did!

Edited by kurt

I just read some chapters of the book which were relevant to me right now. It helped me to understand my 5-MeO experience. I really recommend it if you have some psychedelic experience to process.

The chapters relevant to me were Chapter One and from Chapter Eight until the end.

I read "Being Human" and I loved it. But it didn't include details of exactly how Martin became enlightened. So i bought being infinite. For my interest  it was unfortunately too much. It was more of an autobiography that included things that I really didn't need, like Martin's college career and issues with his mentors and marriage and all. So I tired of it didn't finish it.  Maybe I'll go back to it someday. I'm sure Martin loved writing it.