Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cammy

I Want To Find Myself

8 posts in this topic

I am on course to finish to my degree by April 2017. Now would be a great time for me to think about career opportunities and where they will lead me. However, the problem I am having is that I have no interest in pursuing a career in the field that I have studied. Even more, I don't have any direction in life after I finish. During my time of studying I have been saving money. The only thing that is driving me on is my yearning to travel and discover new things outside of my way of life. I feel like I could finally find something that I could do to contribute to this world if I traveled away from here.

I want to ask anyone if they ever took the step and went on an adventure, if it changed you?

@Cammy I moved to a foreign country to study, several months in and my growth got supercharged. (Mostly because my meditation habit blew up as well, but being on your own in unknown environments changes you! :-) )

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@Cammy Your inner muse is telling you to travel. That sounds like exactly what you should do. As you do that, keep your ears to the ground for your next clue.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Cammy I finished my degree earlier this year and then went road tripping in America for two and a half months. There was no way in hell that I was gonna go straight into a job! It was by far one of the best, if not the best, experiences of my life. I highly recommend you do some form of travelling when you finish, even if it's only for a few months. Just by spending a short amount of time in a different culture made me realise how much my lifestyle and outlook on life is influenced by where I live. 

If you feel like saving your money and doing a bit of work in a different country check out volunteer sites like WWOOF and Workaway.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Cammy  I recently finished my degree this summer and I am planning on going travelling in the new year, to explore see the beauty of the world too :) my inner self tells me to do this and i certainly will be doing this. 

@Cammy Be weary of whether you authentically want to travel now or if it is a sneaky form of resistance. Without a direction in life it can be very easy to look for escapes to delay facing the harsh reality of having to ask yourself the tough questions that will lead you to a clear direction. Your mind knows that once you set an ambitious direction in your life, you will have to do the work to achieve it. A lot of work = resistance.

I love adventure and exploration so recently I've been doing some research on transforming a van into a mobile home that I can travel the world with. As I get clearer with what exactly I need to do, how and why, that urge has settled because right now I really need to focus on generating income (which I had no clue how to do and hence was resisting reconciling it). In other words, I wanted to travel because I was avoiding the tough work of starting a business, learning sales and marketing etc.

For now I Geocatch once a month and do some urban exploring. It's like traveling, but on a smaller scale. You can always make a small travel plan to really test your authentic desires and figure out if resistance is playing tricks on you. Hope that makes sense.

On 3. 12. 2016 at 10:13 PM, Cammy said:

However, the problem I am having is that I have no interest in pursuing a career in the field that I have studied.

Go get the experience you need, and keep open with this. Finishing your degree is a stressful time, you may feel all kinds of overwhelmed, while when it's over you may remember the love you once had for the subject.