Stovo

Are all employees wage slaves?

29 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

All humans are slaves to each other one way or another. That's what society is in a nutshell. No matter who you are or where you are at in the hierarchy, you are a slave. Even if you are the president, you're still a slave, perhaps even more than an employee.

There's also psychological slavery, which is a lot more sneaky, but also a lot more prevalent.

The only way to end all this nonsense is to live alone away from society.

read osho, he explains how to live the dream lucidly, to find the awareness and then go out and live consciously with fragrance delight love

whether you ceo or the one paid minimum wage

always is up to you whether or not you be a slave

Edited by gettoefl

What if you are an esteemed employee in Google and you are paid well and the working conditions make you feel at home.. Then I don't think it's wage slavery. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

9 hours ago, Preety_India said:

What if you are an esteemed employee in Google and you are paid well and the working conditions make you feel at home.. Then I don't think it's wage slavery. 

Yes, that's what I was wondering. If you develop highly valued skills that companies want and will pay you well for them, and you enjoy the work then is it still wage slavery? 

Or is it still wage slavery because you must turn up for work at certain hours, follow your boss's orders, and comply with certain rules? 

Or maybe it's a relative notion? From one extreme you have someone picking crops in a field for very little money, to another extreme, somebody has enough capital to be financially free and able to pursue their passions on their own terms. Then you have everything inbetween. 

The relevant question is not whether you work for a wage but whether you love the work you do.

If you work for a wage but you love the work you do, yes, technically you are still a wage slave, but since you love the work, it doesn't matter.

You can certainly find great wage jobs. Plenty of people have wage jobs and are happy with it.

Also, some high level wage jobs can come with lots of perks and freedoms. Don't be afraid to look for nicer jobs. You can always leave to start your own biz if you are unhappy there.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Sometimes working as an employee could give you even more freedom than entrepreneurship.. Being stuck with a kind of super-small business in a tough niche might seem slaverish as well. However those are exceptions, but as for me, the general rule is that yes - most of people working as employees are pretty much bounded. This is why books like money master the game and forums like this one are so popular

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The relevant question is not whether you work for a wage but whether you love the work you do.

If you work for a wage but you love the work you do, yes, technically you are still a wage slave, but since you love the work, it doesn't matter.

You can certainly find great wage jobs. Plenty of people have wage jobs and are happy with it.

Also, some high level wage jobs can come with lots of perks and freedoms. Don't be afraid to look for nicer jobs. You can always leave to start your own biz if you are unhappy there.

conversely you can be the ceo and be a wage slave

live to work is wage slave

work to live is decide own wage

Thanks for the advice everyone. Good discussion here. 

I guess escaping wage slavery is one possible method to achieving happiness, but it is not a requirement and we all have different passions and circumstances. 

On 23/08/2021 at 6:08 PM, Stovo said:

Thanks for the advice everyone. Good discussion here. 

I guess escaping wage slavery is one possible method to achieving happiness, but it is not a requirement and we all have different passions and circumstances. 

What are the reasons that you made you feel like you're stuck in wage slavery? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.