Scholar

Simple exercise to illustrate the Impossibility of Existence

9 posts in this topic

Right now, simply try to find the edge to your visual field. In your peripheral, try to find where the colors and shapes truly come to an end. Try to actually really do this before you continue reading.

You will have noticed that actually, there is no such thing as an edge to your visual perception. Because what an edge is, is actually two things contrasting each other. Human minds have a tendency to view the world through such edges and limitations, even their own visual field they probably thought for their entire life to have an edge to it, a limit to itself. Yet, where is this limit?

People ask themselves, what is at the edge of the universe? This presupposes the nature of the universe to be that of limitation. And for limitation, what is required is contrast. An edge can only exist if there is something contrasting that edge. The very nature of an edge and limitation is two things opposing each other. Ask yourself, where is the limitation in that? You say when you are on one side, that this line is where things end, yet when you cross it, you have just found yourself on a different ground.

I can tell you with certainty, that if you find what is the "edge" of your visual perception, you will come to know what is the "edge" of the universe. Again, sit down and truly focus on this right now and come back reading when you have made a great effort.

Reality does not work through limitation, reality is nestled in nothingness. The edge of your visual field bleeds into true nothingness. It is coming from nothingness, and it is dissolving into nothingness. True nothingness has no edge. It is no thingness, and it is present right here, at the "edge" of your visual field.

The mind views reality as a contrast between limitation and infinitude, but yet reality clearly works in a paradoxial and arational manner. See, your visual perception is not infinite, yet it is not limited either. How can this be? It can be because reality is not that which is possible, but that which is impossible. Study any aspect of your own existence, any one of it, and you will come to realize this undeniable truth.

In it's own way, your visual perception is self-contained. It is not like a division of two things, but it is it's own complete circle. There is no visual perception and then the "beyond visual perception". Your visual perception is as grand as the entirety of this universe, you simply are not paying attention to that.

The beyond is the Nothingness, and that is what self-containment is. It is Nothingness.

This is the most obvious thing, yet our minds work day in day out to blind itself from this truth. It is so transparent and undeniable, that the ability to look past this actuality itself is a miracle, a miracle equally as impossible as anything else in existence.

The Edge itself is Nothingness, which means that it is no Edge at all. Sense the presence of the Nothingness all around you, in which all of substance is nestled in and of which it is made of. Look with sober clarity at existence. If you are not grounded in clear seeing, this path will create nothing but delusion for you.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

@Scholar Yes, excellent!

And also one more thing: the contents of the visual field are all Nothingness too, such that there is no outside or inside.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Scholar I will do you one better: in your visual field, try to pinpoint where exactly one thing becomes the other thing. Try to perceive the difference itself. Where is it? 

Yet another one: try to pinpoint exactly, what change is. Move an object and see how it changes. How is it even possible?

MU.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

53 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@Scholar I will do you one better: in your visual field, try to pinpoint where exactly one thing becomes the other thing. Try to perceive the difference itself. Where is it? 

Yet another one: try to pinpoint exactly, what change is. Move an object and see how it changes. How is it even possible?

MU.

You reminded me of a very profound Psilocybin trip I had, in which all the distinctions between objects became "blurred", as if there was no real beginning or ending to some object, but only blurring into "space" or to some other object. It is the mind that solidifies objects and create "sharp" distinctions which in turn create the illusion of separation. 

What do you mean by edge? End of visual perception?

Edited by Windappreciator

3 hours ago, Lauritz Bewer said:

Cool exercise, but ....this post could not be written if ...you get my point. The title is misleading. There IS existence. Absolutely so.  

Well I never said that which is Impossible doesn't exist, it clearly does. ;)

The reason why I use this word in particular is that "Possibility" implies that there can be limitations to reality, or that somehow reality in and of itself is limited. Reality does not work that way. It doesn't determine whether or not something can exist by some set of rules, whether logical or any other kind. That's a human notion.

Limitations really themselves are just manifested into existence. There is nothing that makes them "possible", they simply are created.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Scholar Yes, excellent!

And also one more thing: the contents of the visual field are all Nothingness too, such that there is no outside or inside.

I have not yet discovered this.

42 minutes ago, Windappreciator said:

What do you mean by edge? End of visual perception?

End or limitation to the visual perception.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

47 minutes ago, Scholar said:

I have not yet discovered this.

Get on it then, chop chop ;)

Notice that you are still creating a subtle duality between nothingness and somethingness, formlessness and form. Realize something is nothing.

Notice there is no edge between something and nothing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Super cool exercise. I think this is ideal for beginners or people who have no relationship to spirituality...just to make them think about such topics or even make them realize the truth of this.