Someone here

What's the ultimate goal of this work?

32 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Enlightenment and Self-help work such as :meditation.. Self inquiry.. Contemplation.. Yoga.. Exercise.. Diet..shadow work etc 

I’m asking much more specifically… How are those activities “work “? 

Even more specifically, how are you not enjoying the hell out of every one of those things you mentioned? Where did you even get this “work” & “goal” idea / framing of spirituality? 

Other suggested frames….

“Well, if you want it - come & get it, for cryin out loud! The love that I was givin you was never in doubt! Let go of your heart, let go of your head, and feel it!” 
-David Grey

”You got the cash, but your credit’s no good. You flipped the script & shot the plot. I remember when your neon used to burn so bright & pink… Saturday night kinda pink… There’ll be devils in their rush - but this duct tape makes you hush. Hey there Sedona let me cut you a deal, I’m a little hung over and I may have to steal your soul.”
-Houndmouth

”Oh can’t you see? You belong to me. How my pour heart aches, with every step you take.”
-Sting

”You could have a big dipper, goin up up & down, all a-round the bends. You could have an bumper car, bumpin - this amusement never ends. I wanna be your sledgehammer. Why don’t you call my name?”
-Peter Gabriel 

“And love, we need it now. Let’s hope, for some. Cuz oh we’re bleeding out; but I belong with you, you belong with me -you’re my sweetheart”.
-The Lumineers 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

20 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

yeah, it's realizing that the self who is trying is unreal, okay. but above all it is to realize what you really are. many will say, you are nothing. ok ok, but you ARE, or not? obviously yes. enlightenment is not understanding that you are nothing and everything blah blah. it is to embody the limitless infinity that you are ,that being infinite and being nothing, is love. it is infinite fullness that fills you. that's why it's called enlightenment, no ennothingment. 

Who would become Limitless Infinity?

It's the Revelation that there never was a you, and limitless infinity was already the case seemingly hidden by the illusory experience of being a separate individual attempting to find and grasp what was already everything.

Any idea of becoming or identifying as something higher is within the dream story.

Nobody becomes enlightened because enlightenment is the recognition there never was a real separate individual within the body in the first place.... it's an illusory experience.

il·lu·sion

/iˈlo͞oZHən/

a thing that is or is likely to be wrongly perceived or interpreted by the senses.

Similar:

mirage, hallucination, apparition

a deceptive appearance or impression.

Similar:

appearance, impression, sham, false appearance

a false idea or belief.

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Consilience is "lasting happiness" a realistic goal? Since everything is impermanent 

Truth is eternal. The world of form is impermanent. Happiness based in truth is not impermanent. 

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

Who would become Limitless Infinity?

It's the Revelation that there never was a you, and limitless infinity was already the case seemingly hidden by the illusory experience of being a separate individual attempting to find and grasp what was already everything.

Any idea of becoming or identifying as something higher is within the dream story.

Nobody becomes enlightened because enlightenment is the recognition there never was a real separate individual within the body in the first place.... it's an illusory experience.

there is an individual, as a pattern, limited construction, temporary limitation of reality to perceive itself. this individual can perceived himself as unreal in the sense of seeing the limitation of all his experience, like a feeling of unreality, and therefore seeks the real,  transcendence. the substance of this individual is the substance of reality, only that the individual has a temporary form and reality is formless. with practices and or psychedelics the individual can momentarily dissolve his form / limitation and become the whole. the whole is not an individual, but it is one, even being nothing. when this happens the individual realizes what it is. it is the whole reality, so the nothingness being. bottomless, so infinite. shapeless but with an unmistakably familiar quality, substance, identity: love. but the individual also exists as an individual, a very specific pattern that the totality creates in order to become limited and perceive (for example, especulating). it is unreal in terms of its projections, its idea of itself before to understand what is him, but it is real as a limited entity, a set of brackets in nothingness that creates a specific shape. So you could call it illusion since the absolute point of view, like only a shape, but since your point of view you are absolutely real

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

I'm asking much more specifically… How are those activities “work “? 

It's not so much the wording that matters.  Call it work or whatever else. My question is what's the point of these activities?  What's the biggest aim behind all this? 

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

Even more specifically, how are you not enjoying the hell out of every one of those things you mentioned? 

It's not a straight line. 

Sometimes I enjoy them. Sometimes not. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

1 hour ago, Consilience said:

Truth is eternal. The world of form is impermanent. Happiness based in truth is not impermanent. 

What is "truth" in your book? Isn't truth ="the world of form"? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

there is an individual, as a pattern, limited construction, temporary limitation of reality to perceive itself. this individual can perceived himself as unreal in the sense of seeing the limitation of all his experience, like a feeling of unreality, and therefore seeks the real,  transcendence. the substance of this individual is the substance of reality, only that the individual has a temporary form and reality is formless. with practices and or psychedelics the individual can momentarily dissolve his form / limitation and become the whole. the whole is not an individual, but it is one, even being nothing. when this happens the individual realizes what it is. it is the whole reality, so the nothingness being. bottomless, so infinite. shapeless but with an unmistakably familiar quality, substance, identity: love. but the individual also exists as an individual, a very specific pattern that the totality creates in order to become limited and perceive (for example, especulating). it is unreal in terms of its projections, its idea of itself before to understand what is him, but it is real as a limited entity, a set of brackets in nothingness that creates a specific shape. So you could call it illusion since the absolute point of view, like only a shape, but since your point of view you are absolutely real

Yes and these conditioned patterns are created within the dream story of being a separate individual.

When so-called Awakening occurs it illuminates the rather hilarious futility of an unreal individual trying to find wholeness within wholeness.

The apparent problem is that the sense of self wants to be there to experience enlightenment... it wants to be front row center of course because it cannot fathom its own unreality.

The ego is Its Own Worst Enemy.

It wants to find wholeness and simultaneously IS the experience of separation... that's the cosmic joke.

An unreal individual seeking something that was never missing in the first place is the cosmic joke.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

What is "truth" in your book? Isn't truth ="the world of form"? 

That’s a very difficult question. “World of form” = perception + awareness of perception + time + space + awareness of time & space. All of this is subject to impermanence as you mentioned. Absolute truth is not impermanent though, otherwise it would not be absolute and so therefore cannot be any of these forms. Yet by virtue of the actuality of form, forms are “true.” Actuality = what is true. All of this is the epitome of paradox and the quicker your mind can rest into this paradox comfortably, the better.

There is a quality to existence though that is utterly unchanging, absolute. It is the true nature of self and reality and is inextricably unified with all forms. And so when one is grounded in the absolute, one is necessarily grounded in form but at a ‘meta’ level. Being at this meta level is not the same as seeking different flavors of form though, it is allowing the play to be exactly as it is. Equanimity. 

When you become conscious of this absolute, happiness and unhappiness collapse into Happiness. “Happiness” is beyond time, space, mind, self, other, and reality. Beyond all duality. Impossible to think about or describe, really.

Best input I could give is to keep meditating and self inquiring until this ‘makes sense.’ 

The ultimate goal is to gain an understanding of why we're here.

To experience consciousness in all it's beauty. 

How you do this is up to you, through whatever practices you so choose. 

What's missing from your quest is faith you will get there. In fact you don't even have to go on a journey, it's right here in front of you. 

Rather than thinking, how about experiencing. At some point you need to stop asking questions and allow it to come to you. You are what you seek. If you are doubtful and feel things are pointless then so it shall be. If you are inspired, excited and grateful to be on the journey then you're in for a fun ride. 

See the miracle in the mundane. Every time you wake up from sleep you are experiencing a gift. Don't waste it. 

7 hours ago, Surfingthewave said:

The ultimate goal is to gain an understanding of why we're here.

Where are you?

On 18.8.2021 at 3:32 PM, Someone here said:

I heard Leo once saying that  realizing you are God will instantly solve all of your problems in life.. Not only that but it will "heal" you from every illness you have. Is that true?

Yes, I think this is true. I think healing is meant in a deeper sense. E.g., I am not sure if cancer can be healed by just being awake but your reaction to having cancer maybe way more healthy.

On 18.8.2021 at 3:32 PM, Someone here said:

I guess I want to know where I am heading with this work? For those of you who think they made it to the very end.. What did you get?

I doubt that I reached the "very end" but I when I look back the way traveled, I am way happier in my life. I am not dependent on any outcomes and thus way more courageous and free. I don't care what others think of me because truth is self-evident and I don't need to prove anything to anyone. This can be very freeing. No more toxic relationships, and yes, more money, healthier relationships, more fun in life, less fear, more love.

I was always an introvert, but now I am able to enjoy solitude even more. More and more often I feel the completeness and love of the present moment without the need to feed my mind with the next social-media-fix or whatever-fix.

Also, the mind becomes less and less active, you become calmer, more relaxed. I can use the mind if I need it but doing this work, most of the time you don't need it.

To summarize it: You will lead a happy loving life independent from the circumstances.

Try to have some non-dual-experiences and the answers to your questions will be hilariously obvious. You will realize those questions come from the ego and are childish like the ego is asking "Why would I want to be happy? Why would I be loving?"...The answer is self-evident but your ego cannot see it yet.

Edited by TheSource