Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shmurda

Difference between Kundlini "activation" and "awakening"

22 posts in this topic

Hey,

So I sit down to meditate and I can use various body scanning and full body breathing techniques to feel this strong, warm, electric energy flowing through my arms, legs and face. The energy flows in and out in synch with the breath and it feels great. When I concentrate on it, I become very calm but simultaneously stimulated and aware. Note: I can't feel this energy flowing through my torso or spine.

Am I right in thinking this is Kundalini "activation"?

I've also heard of Kundalini "awakening" as some dramatic event involving the base on the spine, energy exploding through your head and a period of intense backlash.

What is the difference between these two phenomena and how are they related?

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.

First, Kundalini is only half the story. 

There are 2 sepents in iconography, kundalini and kundalina. 

Awakening Kunda Force goes hand in hand with Spiritual Awakening.

Those in mental insitutions have an erratic Kunda Force awakened. 

So, caution, this is not something you play with it. 

Kunda force also is responsible for giving birth. 

Trapped in duality is a unawakened state of what concerns Kunda, or the Dragon. 

Take it this way, we grow as kids because of Kunda, people stop growing because they believe that. 

Being in love is what Kunda force feels, don't go into paranormal experiences and visions, those are delusions of duality. 

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

@Goldzilla yeah thanks for your generic "mystery of kundalini" response but my question was what, phenomenally, is the difference between activation and awakening?

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.

3 minutes ago, Shmurda said:

@Goldzilla yeah thanks for your generic "mystery of kundalini" response but my question was what, phenomenally, is the difference between activation and awakening?

Spiritual Awakening involves the awakening of "kundalini" yes. 

They go hand in hand. Those saying is not like this, they still dormant, even if they have coutless phd's. 

Singer

14™

The first is just becoming aware of what already is, a very seemingly mundane thing the magic of which (you Are) becomes palpable as you drop thoughts and meditate. Call it prana, the energy field of the body, alive being, etc. You're giving attention to that which you really are, that which animates all else.

The second is the possibility that various chakras can clear through remembering ourselves, (spontaneously). This can be a very intense experience because an ice damn in a fast river gives way suddenly lots of other things chain react along with it. 

Or the ice can melt slowly. 

There is no difference between the two. The more you think about it, the more you ironically cover over the attention, or the warmth that melts the ice. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

There are many facets of awakening, insights and spiritual progress. The awakenings from psychedelics vs Kundalini yoga will be different I think. 

Yes, I will do a video explaining a "Breath of Fire" techninque that I did for 2 weeks and felt the energy rise up the spine. Very different than psychedelic awakening, or Qigong. 

They imo, all aid each other. I would say practicing Kundalini Yoga, Krya Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, Qigong, Thai Qi and various types of meditation throughout your life (maybe just pick one for awhile, or pick some that are complimentary) are ideal for increasing your baseline state. Especially Qigong and taoist practice.

There are many mountains, paths, and peaks on the spiritual path. They can be very different, or similar. 

Everything is connected. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

From what you describe, the force you are perceiving in your body is prana, it is in fact the result of pranayama, the breathing technique you are using.

Kundalini is a much more potent and advanced force, which starts stirring at the base of the spine and rises along it, going chakra by chakra and breaking through knot by knot. The process takes years.

You will know that Kundalini is waking up when you start feeling heat and pressure at the base of the spine.

It feels literally like serpents at the base of the spine, and upper legs. 

And at the head level is like that feeling as its winter, as your face is kinda pumping with blood.

And a huge feeling of overpower and even pshysical strength. 

A warm cold sensation in the body. 

You will not feel as hot in summer, nor that cold in winter. 

Singer

14™

@Goldzilla I think the sensations experienced during the rising of Kundalini are somewhat subjective and slightly different for each individual. There are also significant differences in what kind of sensations arise, depending on the general disposition of the person, whether their solar or lunar side is more active, etc...

For instance, uncomfortable, even searing heat is experienced, when the power rises primarily in the solar nerve, instead of the spine.

4 minutes ago, Dumuzzi said:

@Goldzilla I think the sensations experienced during the rising of Kundalini are somewhat subjective and slightly different for each individual. There are also significant differences in what kind of sensations arise, depending on the general disposition of the person, whether their solar or lunar side is more active, etc...

For instance, uncomfortable, even searing heat is experienced, when the power rises primarily in the solar nerve, instead of the spine.

I only exposed what after years of awakening feels like. Yeah in the beginning can be atrocious as well extasy. But once you get the hang of it, is very harmonious. 

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

@Shmurda Here's the non-esoterical answer:

"Kundalini awakening" is very intense orgasmic sensation slowly crawling up the spine like a snake. Usually it goes up 10cm and then waits a bit, and then it gradually goes up or stays, or goes up and down again etc.

People in esoteric circles call everything Kundalini, but if everything is, then nothing is.

If you want to awake it, then wait for a piercing sensation onthe base of your spine to show up during meditation. If you put your concentration on it once it shows up (if it shows up). The snake might rise up. At least that's how it went for me.

It is simply the energy released when competing desires stop fighting with each other and a being becomes more unified.

5 hours ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@Shmurda Here's the non-esoterical answer:

"Kundalini awakening" is very intense orgasmic sensation slowly crawling up the spine like a snake. Usually it goes up 10cm and then waits a bit, and then it gradually goes up or stays, or goes up and down again etc.

Accurate. For me though, with breath of fire it filled my whole body.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art This makes me doubt that it actually was kundalini awakening. Energy is not necessarily Kundalini awakening.

When I do Wim Hoff breathing I also have a strong tingling in my entire body. Which might be refered to as energy/prana/Kundalini, but a kundalini awakening is different. You need the snake to crawl up your spine, or else you don't realise the intensity of what's possible.

That awakening terrifies you, because you end up without control of anything, sometimes DP/DR, and in bad cases very bad psychosis and schizophrenia.

Involuntary movements, perceived loss of memory, feeling high are a few examples of mild symptoms.

It is literally just the apparent happening of energy release when competing desires stop fighting with each other and a being becomes more unified.

@The0Self

1 hour ago, The0Self said:

It is literally just the apparent happening of energy release when competing desires stop fighting with each other and a being becomes more unified.

What is? Kundalini, kundalini activation or Kundakini awakening.

It's one of the most confusing aspects of Spirituality. Kundalini awakening is the big big thing, to put it simply. Life energy is Kundalini, but Kundalini awakening is more than just energy flowing through the body. It's a very specific kind if orgasmic intense orgasmic tingling slowly crawling up the spine.

If you don't have it you aren't through it. I've had energy in my entire Body, mild energy foing up the spine and the Kundalini snake going up. Believe me, there is a huge difference, and you'll know when it happens. You'll fear what's going to happen when the snake goes up.

Fair enough it's only a difference in intensity between prana and Kundalini going up the spine, but it's orders of magnitude different. One's a sensation and the other one is an orgasm thatasts for weeks, that grounds you in the now, keeps you from sleeping and make you think you're going crazy.

I've fortunately had very mild symptoms, but you should talk to people that ended up in psychiatry after Kundalini.

It's imo the most intense form of practice before psychedelics (those can also awaken your Kundalini btw).

The issue with K. Awakening is, everybody (me included) use(d) to talk about every Body sensation as a form lf Kundalini, but Kundalini AWAKENING is more than just energy moving in the Body. It's a nuclear reactor (Metaphorically). Fortunately I've had someone who told me that I was wrong, when I thought I already experienced it.

Now I know and now I'm telling you all of that.

@Endangered-EGO “I” (it’s basically deep in the story) had extensive experience with kundalini. Kundalini is required for early jhana entry. I’ve been through the jhanas. Second jhana is ridiculously more intense than most kundalini experiences, yet it technically is one (basically taken to the limit). It’s associated with the A&P of Buddhism.

It has absolutely no relation to the end of the path

Edited by The0Self

@The0Self I had that same energy shooting up the entire Body as if it was an explosion of bliss (rapture) shooting up the chimney (my Body) when going from Access concentration into the first Jhana.

I also used to call that "Kundalini Awakening", but it's a different "kind" of energy. You can call that energy, like every other energy, Kundalini.

However the first Jhana bliss explosion in the Body, is a very distinct experience from an actual Kundalini awakening. It feels different, moves differently, lasts longer and has actual physical symptoms, like kryias (involuntary movements) and intense changes in perception that lasts for weeks, that can even lead to psychosis.

Concerning the 2nd Jhana, I thought that the rapture from the first jhana changed to "emotional bliss". I don't practice Jhanas anymore because I lack prana and concentration atm.

@Endangered-EGO Yeah first jhana is not kundalini awakening. Kundalini activation is required for it though. 2nd jhana is closely associated with kundalini awakening though. Kundalini awakening is simply the experience associated with the collapse of competing intentions in the mind — causes a feeling of absolute effortlessness and an explosion of exhilarating bliss.

@The0Self Let's assume you're right.

What about the snake crawling up the spine, causing physical symptoms, intense heat and jerks.

Does it occur during the 2nd jhana or not?

Why not? And what's the difference between your Kundalini in 2nd Jhana and what I refer to as Kundalini awakening with the snake. How does that fit?