lmfao

Can one be laser focused on emptiness whilst in day to day life?

15 posts in this topic

Laser focused on emptiness I am. Mind and body slow down, but within next 2-3 weeks I have work deadlines to do, and you spiritual sages can mock me for not just being dedicated on one or the other if you want.

But there's the calling to laser focus on this being/nothingness and I don't ignore. Staying with it staying with it I will be. It changes me. Can I still function in the world? Must a retreat be the only way?

What the fuck am I asking you guys for though is the real question maybe. This question makes absolutely no sense obviously and is meaningless. Wow I'm full of shit 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Hey, it sounds like your having trouble loving yourself.

Find a balance with meditation, focus on self love and getting the work done you need.

When the stars align, and if you think long term you can work toward experiencing these different states. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art No this isn't it. Well you could be right I wouldn't know. I'll just have to see where 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Who told you this to become nothingness? ?

Laser focus on your breath, is the only way to stay focused. 

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

4 hours ago, Goldzilla said:

There's an implicit ideology or theory you believe about breath.

Key doesn't fit 

Edited by lmfao

@lmfao

Mind is now, & there is focus. Mind wanders to ‘a future’, or ‘a past’, and focus is diminished / fragmented / split. (See this transpire in the first sentence of your op)

Breath is now, breath is never not now. 

Sages aren’t out to get you. They love you & offer insight unconditionally. Like…

6 hours ago, Goldzilla said:

Who told you this to become nothingness? ?

Don’t think about it. It’s not a matter of thinking. Do it. Then, you’ll have the direct experience, and inevitably be telling someone the exact same thing. 

Your question is (imo) really about alignment & actuality as the creator, and is maybe the most important question (re focus) that could ever be. It is emptiness which is focus, and thus can not ever be focused upon. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm breath is cool, I love it maybe haha 

Forcing myself to write something mean: Nahm, what's your 40 year old ass doing here anyway? 

Edited by lmfao

@lmfao

Fosho. It’s ‘first’ among the whole of experience. There is nothing without it. So easily overlooked, given the awesomeness of this place. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Nah I wasn't forcing myself, I was just not falling into old traps "of passivity". Quotation marks because I feel that's really shit phrasing, not even a neurotic tick to put those quotes there's.

Sometimes body gets too slow and doesn't act. 

So what's your answer to my question? 

Edited by lmfao

To focus on emptiness always, focus on emptiness never.

12 hours ago, lmfao said:

There's an implicit ideology or theory you believe about breath.

Key doesn't fit 

No breath no awakening dude, try as hard as you want. Ok, i said it. This is not an opinion, not debatable. 

Don't believe this, Spirituality is not for you. 

Namaste

Singer

14™

12 hours ago, Goldzilla said:

No breath no awakening dude, try as hard as you want. Ok, i said it. This is not an opinion, not debatable. 

Don't believe this, Spirituality is not for you. 

Whilst I applaud you for your conviction and forthrightness, is this naught but cryptic mumbling? 

I would really like to say something helpful, but I am not sure what the question is. I'm here to offer my presence and sympathy to your efforts.

Breath is a great medication for confusion though.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

On 11.08.2021 at 9:51 AM, lmfao said:

Sorry, just found the question. Had to do some breathing to un-confuse myself ?

Are you asking about generalities? Or you, particularly? Which "one"? What "life"? For a householder, no. It is not possible if laser focus on emptiness is your goal.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Yes but you have to squint your eyes really hard. jk

-true emptiness needs no doer ship.  it's a hindrance.