Infinitesimal

How To Use Infinity As An Ego To More Easily Allow Liberation

20 posts in this topic

The ego cannot comprehend true infinity, but we can see the course it takes in other egos, and can attempt to emulate them. We can logically deny ourselves that power that the ego believes it holds. Think of the true one universal infinite self.  All we must do, as egos, is allow our minds to freely move without us attempting to clutter it all up with the monkey mind etc. So all we must do, is become more like infinity. 

To become like infinity we must open ourselves up to more options in our finite world, as egos we can only exist in a finite world, so we must accept everything in it, without exception. Once we have acceptably released our desires as an ego, but accepting the reality of all things we can see, we can truly see the futility of our egos existence, and can shed that shell. This process is meant to make the ego more easily shed, since it will be on the same side of the war against itself, if that makes sense. 

I've been attempting to follow this way of being for a few months now, and it is working great for me. Whenever I have any serious issues, I look to "infinity" and decide what is best to do from that point of view. Usually it is to stop all higher ego function and relax, then the body can take over naturally. What are your thoughts on using this strategy to help you in your life? Is it all crazy? is there a huge flaw in this plan that I am missing? Or is it halfway worthwhile?

6 hours ago, Infinitesimal said:

as egos we can only exist in a finite world, so we must accept everything in it, without exception.

Can you really accept everything good or bad?

2 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

Can you really accept everything good or bad?

According to Ekhart Tolle, yes - accept reality completely is his main message, right? Accept the bad stuff and then from a place of acceptance act, if you want to. Your actions or non-actions are also part of the present, so also need acceptance and not denial. But if we deny, we can also accept that lol. But that would be a bit paradoxical.

But yeh, the idea is that if there is a problem, accepting it will make life better and your actions towards 'fixing' it more positive.

But im sure you already know that cause you are old time actualizer, im just stating the obvious most likely. 

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

26 minutes ago, Dodoster said:

According to Ekhart Tolle, yes - accept reality completely is his main message, right?

Ekhart Tolle can accept reality completely, we are not Ekhart Tolle. Sometimes life becomes so horrible that it becomes very difficult to encounter reality with awareness. 

The problem is that your mind thinks of infinity something like what is being shown by "Hubble Space Telescope"

16 hours ago, Infinitesimal said:

Usually it is to stop all higher ego function and relax, then the body can take over naturally. What are your thoughts on using this strategy to help you in your life? Is it all crazy?

Look up Taoism and Zen. I'm following their way now for some time and it's been extraordinary.

7 hours ago, Donald said:

The problem is that your mind thinks of infinity something like what is being shown by "Hubble Space Telescope"

Maaan, beautifully worded. That's one of the most crazy realizations I had so far. To see it in the moment just blows everything away. Even when you come back to an egoic state.. one picture of this infinite state brings you to tears.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

@Azrael Do you ever get to look through a good size telescope? I mean a decent size light bucket? It's so fucking awesome. You'll feel like an infinitesimally small speck of dust. The vastness of it blows you away and yet it remains finite. Everything collapses when you realize the entirety of the universe is also no more than a spec of dust.

8 hours ago, Donald said:

I disagree. I was thinking of infinity in the context of infinite options. As an ego with illusions of free will, you must accept that you have infinite options available to you if you do in fact have the ability to choose. This being the case, you have the choice of ANYTHING that will improve your existence. Ironically in this case the improvement of existence will kill the ego, but as a higher form you can allow your ego to die happily, and as an ego you can die happily knowing your "true" self will be happier without you. 

Infinite choices leads to infinite openness in your mindstate, and you can accept your defeat and death more readily. That's my argument at least. 

8 hours ago, Infinitesimal said:

Infinite choices leads to infinite openness in your mindstate, and you can accept your defeat and death more readily.

It is much more than that. Infinity includes everything  and you are one with the universe; you are as vast as the universe itself. 

Edited by Prabhaker

6 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

It is much more than that. Infinity includes everything  and you are one with the universe; you are as vast as the universe itself. 

Of course, absolute infinity is far and away much more grandiose and greater and etc than "infinity" as the ego can imagine it. 

If nothing else it makes sense poetically that an imagined infinity can assist an imagined ego to disillusion itself enough for absolute infinity to shine through to the awareness experiencing the ego. 

Edited by Infinitesimal

@Infinitesimal True acceptance cannot be practiced. It is there after experiencing death, at the core of every moment.

It is still a worthwhile practice to make as long as it is done in a conscious way.

5 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

@Infinitesimal True acceptance cannot be practiced. It is there after experiencing death, at the core of every moment.

It is still a worthwhile practice to make as long as it is done in a conscious way.

Acceptance can be a way of life and a thought pattern, but even in that state, true acceptance of the full nature of reality remains impossible for an ego, but the whole point is that the ego can adopt the former to allow the latter to appear in the egos place. 

Am I wrong? Your comment is somewhat confusing to understand your stance on the idea. 

Edited by Infinitesimal

3 hours ago, Infinitesimal said:

Acceptance can be a way of life and a thought pattern, but even in that state, true acceptance of the full nature of reality remains impossible for an ego, but the whole point is that the ego can adopt the former to allow the latter to appear in the egos place. 

Am I wrong? Your comment is somewhat confusing to understand your stance on the idea. 

Acceptance is allowing everything to be as it is. So can you allow yourself to be unaccepting if unacceptance arises? Just overriding  unacceptance with acceptance will only be adding a layer of belief.

2 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Acceptance is allowing everything to be as it is. So can you allow yourself to be unaccepting if unacceptance arises? Just overriding  unacceptance with acceptance will only be adding a layer of belief.

That's an amazing point. I hadn't thought of it that way. I appreciate you improving me. 

Does it follow then, logically, that acceptance and unacceptance are both constructs of the ego in the first place? Since there can be no "me" to accept or not. What is the way? 

18 hours ago, Infinitesimal said:

I disagree. I was thinking of infinity in the context of infinite options. As an ego with illusions of free will, you must accept that you have infinite options available to you if you do in fact have the ability to choose. This being the case, you have the choice of ANYTHING that will improve your existence. Ironically in this case the improvement of existence will kill the ego, but as a higher form you can allow your ego to die happily, and as an ego you can die happily knowing your "true" self will be happier without you. 

Infinite choices leads to infinite openness in your mindstate, and you can accept your defeat and death more readily. That's my argument at least. 

To have a choice implies  to have a chooser, which again is nonsense !!! And you still again use the words " happy " , "happier" , "improvement " . Now you might say what is the problem  , because they are just word not the thing , right? The problem is psychological "time " , psychological "movement " wanting to go somewhere.( perfection ) . Life is not moving from imperfection to perfection, you see. It is so simple ... 

6 minutes ago, Donald said:

To have a choice implies  to have a chooser, which again is nonsense !!! And you still again use the words " happy " , "happier" , "improvement " . Now you might say what is the problem  , because they are just word not the thing , right? The problem is psychological "time " , psychological "movement " wanting to go somewhere.( perfection ) . Life is not moving from imperfection to perfection, you see. It is so simple ... 

Is removing the control of the ego not an improvement in ones life?

Is self change or self improvement impossible?

Why?

7 hours ago, Infinitesimal said:

That's an amazing point. I hadn't thought of it that way. I appreciate you improving me. 

Does it follow then, logically, that acceptance and unacceptance are both constructs of the ego in the first place? Since there can be no "me" to accept or not. What is the way? 

Yes you could describe it that way. That ego is "doing" acceptance and THAT is a construct. That is what I meant by "true acceptance cannot be practiced". True acceptance is just there at the core of every experience it is not done as a practice.

Ego is in essence unacceptance and it will always "do" to still that unacceptance. It can therefore not experience true acceptance but practicing acceptance can still be a way to lessen the ego.

I've shared this  before but you've might have missed it.

4 hours ago, Donald said:

I'm not advocating " no control " or "no improvement" .

I apologize for my misunderstanding. 

1 hour ago, WelcometoReality said:

Yes you could describe it that way. That ego is "doing" acceptance and THAT is a construct. That is what I meant by "true acceptance cannot be practiced". True acceptance is just there at the core of every experience it is not done as a practice.

Ego is in essence unacceptance and it will always "do" to still that unacceptance. It can therefore not experience true acceptance but practicing acceptance can still be a way to lessen the ego.

I've shared this  before but you've might have missed it.

I really enjoyed the video, thank you. Not my will will, but the hearts will be done. I'll try that as my mantra going forward to see how it works out. 

"practicing acceptance can still be a way to lessen the ego." Is a very concise version of what I was attempting to get across I believe, or at least it is how I view things now. 

Thank you for the improvement!