Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

I want to start a blog

13 posts in this topic

I want to start a blog. I'm thinking about the aesthetics and the name and everything else. 

The name is the most important. I want a cool name.

I decided this one - Conscious Living Org.

How is it ? I actually want something really unique.

I'm still not sure what name I should pick. 

There are a bunch of names in my head - spiritual resources.com, spiritual valley, sativa blog, eminence blog, conscious living etc.

would be nice if you suggest some.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Another one that came to my mind just now - Spiritually Empowered Org.

Or Spiritually Activated Org.

Or Stable Consciousness Org

Or Eminent Consciousness Org 

Or Spiritually Stable Org 

Edited by Preety_India

.COM is and always will be the king of domains.

.org is only better for nonprofits. If you ever want to sell a product or a service, or you're making a blog to earn ad revenue (why else would you make it) then a .com is better, don't get hung up on .org because that's what this website happens to be.

10 hours ago, Preety_India said:

The name is the most important. I want a cool name.

No, you're going about it totally backwards. People don't come to your blog for a cool name, they come for quality content.

Figure out what your blog is going to be about and then make a name, not the other way around. Conscious living, spiritually activated, etc all say very different things about the website. 

I think you should write at least 30 blog posts, at least 1,000+ words each, before you spend the money buying a domain and hosting. That way you can see if you're serious about blogging, or if you're just going to write 3 short posts and never come back.

Edited by Yarco

4 hours ago, Yarco said:

No, you're going about it totally backwards. People don't come to your blog for a cool name, they come for quality content.

I don't care about people coming to my blog.. Who told you I cared about people? 

When I'm creating a piece of art, I'm not thinking about whether people would like it, while creating it. 

Edited by Preety_India

The name isn't important. Just pick a name that most accurately describes what you're going to talk about. I recommend you use medium.com. It's only $5 dollars a month and you should get loads of traffic to your posts if you post good content to the site.

5 minutes ago, vindicated erudite said:

The name isn't important. Just pick a name that most accurately describes what you're going to talk about. I recommend you use medium.com. It's only $5 dollars a month and you should get loads of traffic to your posts if you post good content to the site.

Thanks. 

20 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I don't care about people coming to my blog.. Who told you I cared about people? 

When I'm creating a piece of art, I'm not thinking about whether people would like it, while creating it. 

What's the point of creating a piece of art that nobody will ever see or appreciate?

Why make it a blog then? Why not just write your thoughts in a notebook?

1 hour ago, Yarco said:

What's the point of creating a piece of art that nobody will ever see or appreciate?

Why make it a blog then? Why not just write your thoughts in a notebook?

Lmao it's not like nobody will see it. 

Maybe it won't have so much traffic. 

Because I'm not too much into the money side of things. 

Then go start a blog. Don't see why you need to announce it or need validation. Just go do it.

2 hours ago, SS10 said:

Then go start a blog. Don't see why you need to announce it or need validation. Just go do it.

Where was I asking for validation? 

I was asking for cool ideas on name. 

Go to wordpress/wix or other blog sites to start a blog first. 

After that, you can go to godaddy website to buy a domain name . A domain name can cost typically from $5 a year to over $100 a year.

Like @hyruga said. I've a website on Wix, it's a free thing still, but when I expand it a little more and feel like it I can always buy a domain. Now I can add something when I like to, and don't have to worry about anything