RoerAmit

Don't read Jed McKenna? Why he is so cynical?

7 posts in this topic

I understand the cynicism that I imagine came from disappointment. But yet it makes me angary.. 

Opinions with this guy?

Because he knows we are dying for eternity falling off a cliff in a burning car while a nuclear bomb goes off in our anuses. Why the fuck would he care about speaking nicely to help you maintain your pleasant illusion? 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

1 hour ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Because he knows we are dying for eternity falling off a cliff in a burning car while a nuclear bomb goes off in our anuses. Why the fuck would he care about speaking nicely to help you maintain your pleasant illusion? 

Hmm interesting perspective. Could you please explain in a easier language, what do you mean Bro? thank You. :)

I didn't watch the video, and won't, because the title is clear misinformation. I've read a couple of books from Jed, he's one of the best teachers alive. You might be shocked to learn that he writes about the beauty of life, the depth of experiencing every detail, and the effortless happiness that you can achieve. He likes poetry and quotes a lot from Walt Whitman.

His style is super direct, which I personally like so much. But perhaps that's what the video is referring to, which if was the case by the way would be the one and only obstacle to enlightenment in Jed's view. So, to the normal materialistic dude, he might seem cynical, when in fact he's the exact opposite. But to see that, you'd need to put your ego aside and listen to the teachings objectively.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Jed is one of the best illusion busters out there.  Cynicism is a powerful tool!

5 hours ago, RoerAmit said:

I understand the cynicism that I imagine came from disappointment. But yet it makes me angary.. 

Opinions with this guy?

Supposedly Jed McKenna is not a real person.

He is a fictional guru based off the “real life” teacher of Ken McMordie.

The books are mostly written that way for good marketing. It makes them interesting and controversial to read.

@RoerAmit if the shoe fits wear it 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.