OneIntoOne

The (infinite) dead end of Psychedelic

31 posts in this topic

Psychedelics can easily become a (infinite) dead end (loop)

You get higher and deeper levels of understandings more and more, it's infinite and it NEVER ENDS. 

How can you live day to day life 'up there' and have god realization and be connected 24/7? (remember, what goes up must come down...)

That is what i am interested in.

Not through psychedelics. You unlock your own power and ride on its wings. Psychedelics are borrowed power.

You get insides - come down.

You get more insides - and come down again.

You get even more and more deep insides - and come down here.

God is hiding because he wants to play hide and seek, but how do you become conscious of him 24/7? 

And when you are conscious what God is what do you do about it? You can feel like getting insane some times by not knowing what to do with this intense desire of feeling God

Edited by OneIntoOne

11 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

Not through psychedelics. You unlock your own power and ride on its wings. Psychedelics are borrowed power.

Agreed.  This life, here and now is it.  The psychedelic state only offers a few hours of an awareness of other kinds of consciousness humans are capable of.  It is still brain states induced by exogenous chemicals no matter how profound they feel and appear subjectively.  Like so many other drugs, many users keep chasing that next high.  I've done it myself.  My first mushroom trip was 2 grams, then I went to 5 and then 7.  I did the same thing with LSD.  I kept wanting to push further and deeper into that state.  In the end, in spite of how profound and powerful these experiences can be, I always come back to ego and I still need to clean the house, take my kid to volleyball practice and go do my job. 

I don't believe the mystical state is meant to be experienced 24/7.  We need to return to our lives and function.  In the best case we act from the insights and awareness of these perspectives to live a kinder and better life.  Once we have used the tools to fix the car, we put them away and go drive the car. 

You know. I'm gonna share with you the deepest, most profound truth of life that you've ever heard. You're not going to believe it because your ego is going to protest, and protest hard. But I guarantee you this is the real truth, and the highest teaching. Here it goes.

You're chasing experiences. You're chasing profound states of mind. You're chasing changes of consciousness, and you want to be on the bleeding edge of so called understanding and knowledge. You want to have magical powers, and be able to control life. You want to unravel the mystery of your existence through either arcane experiences, or some type of logical endeavor.

Here's what an enlightened person does. They wake up and they wash their dishes. They go out and chop some firewood. They take a walk and come home and meditate. They breathe in and out. They have unending gratitude and unending wisdom about life, and every single second of their existence is spent in perfect ecstasy and perfect gratitude, and perfect understanding.

See the difference? You're the one who's trying to escape from the mundane. What if I told you that the experience of the mundane is precisely what's necessary for your enlightenment?

What if I told you that a Buddha who's doing the dishes is experiencing ecstasy on the level that you wouldn't experience if you smoked all the DMT in the world? That they have access to arcane secrets of the universe simply because they become one with the act of washing the dishes?

What goes around comes around. If you walk long enough you come back to the same exact place. Enlightenment is right in front of your nose, always has been. You don't need anything, you only need to drop your personal self and your egoic desires. The world of magic is one millimeter away and will wait for you even if you decide to journey onwards and upwards until hell freezes over. Enlightenment will wait for you when you come back. Maybe you'll tie your shoes one day and realize that the act of tying your shoes is more profound than the strangest experience you've had on psychedelics.

Funny, innit.

5 minutes ago, taotemu said:

I don't believe the mystical state is meant to be experienced 24/7.  We need to return to our lives and function.  In the best case we act from the insights and awareness of these perspectives to live a kinder and better life.  Once we have used the tools to fix the car, we put them away and go drive the car. 

@taotemu

A mystical state i would call a psychedelic trip or deep meditation etc.

I am also not seeking my 'next experience' which technically is just the same as another trip or some good ice cream = something else rather then NOW.

What i am asking is, in the day to day ordinary life, how can i live 'up there' and have god realization and be connected 24/7?

It must be a way!

5 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

You know. I'm gonna share with you the deepest, most profound truth of life that you've ever heard. You're not going to believe it because your ego is going to protest, and protest hard. But I guarantee you this is the real truth, and the highest teaching. Here it goes.

You're chasing experiences. You're chasing profound states of mind. You're chasing changes of consciousness, and you want to be on the bleeding edge of so called understanding and knowledge. You want to have magical powers, and be able to control life. You want to unravel the mystery of your existence through either arcane experiences, or some type of logical endeavor.

Here's what an enlightened person does. They wake up and they wash their dishes. They go out and chop some firewood. They take a walk and come home and meditate. They breathe in and out. They have unending gratitude and unending wisdom about life, and every single second of their existence is spent in perfect ecstasy and perfect gratitude, and perfect understanding.

See the difference? You're the one who's trying to escape from the mundane. What if I told you that the experience of the mundane is precisely what's necessary for your enlightenment?

What if I told you that a Buddha who's doing the dishes is experiencing ecstasy on the level that you wouldn't experience if you smoked all the DMT in the world? That they have access to arcane secrets of the universe simply because they become one with the act of washing the dishes?

What goes around comes around. If you walk long enough you come back to the same exact place. Enlightenment is right in front of your nose, always has been. You don't need anything, you only need to drop your personal self and your egoic desires. The world of magic is one millimeter away and will wait for you even if you decide to journey onwards and upwards until hell freezes over. Enlightenment will wait for you when you come back. Maybe you'll tie your shoes one day and realize that the act of tying your shoes is more profound than the strangest experience you've had on psychedelics.

Funny, innit.

@impulse9

Deep wisdom thank you for that.

I see now that i missed one important word from your first post.

You said: "Not through psychedelics" i missed the word 'NOT'

So yea.

12 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

Funny, innit.

@impulse9

However, i don't think i am looking for another state by wanting to see God 24/7

Its just intensely hard when i know God is everything right here and right now but i cant get to it! (because its so simple and so close)

Edited by OneIntoOne

45 minutes ago, OneIntoOne said:

@impulse9

However, i don't think i am looking for another state by wanting to see God 24/7

Its just intensely hard when i know God is everything right here and right now but i cant get to it! (because its so simple and so close)

It is actually intensely easy.  It just doesn't look like you expect.  It is too clear, and so it is hard to see.  This moment, right here and right now is God.  You are already seeing God 24/7 as there is no other possibility.  The problem is you don't recognize it as the experience of God because you have a story in your mind about what that is supposed to look like and feel like.  What if this very moment is the actual full experience of God?  For most of us, that idea is full of disappointment as it doesn't match our story of some grand dramatic experience.  But what if we can encounter this moment with the reverence and bliss of experiencing God?  To me, that is enlightenment.  It isn't some better version of yourself.  It is simply a shift in perspective, a realization of the truth that has been as close as your breath your whole life.  

It depends hugely on own experience and knowledge, practicallity. What i mean, if you know how to use this tool is very nice. But it needs self knowing very well to be useful as a tool. Otherwise, the collective consciousness will bring you down on your knees if you don't distinguish what is what at a thought level.

The highest of them all is DMT, melatonin. If you have access in your being on how to enter your own dream and stay awake, then it becomes a higher High, than taking externally, substances.

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

13 minutes ago, taotemu said:

It is actually intensely easy.  It just doesn't look like you expect.  It is too clear, and so it is hard to see.  This moment, right here and right now is God.  You are already seeing God 24/7 as there is no other possibility.  The problem is you don't recognize it as the experience of God because you have a story in your mind about what that is supposed to look like and feel like.  What if this very moment is the actual full experience of God?  For most of us, that idea is full of disappointment as it doesn't match our story of some grand dramatic experience.  But what if we can encounter this moment with the reverence and bliss of experiencing God?  To me, that is enlightenment.  It isn't some better version of yourself.  It is simply a shift in perspective, a realization of the truth that has been as close as your breath your whole life.  

@taotemu

But i want to feel it!

Or see it taste it hear it smell it. SOMETHING! and i cant!

Edited by OneIntoOne

1 minute ago, OneIntoOne said:

@taotemu

But i want to feel it!

Or see it taste it hear it smell it. SOMETHING!

Feel what exactly?  Something other than what you are feeling right now?  You are chasing a paper tiger.  What is real is this moment.  This is it.  The only difference between someone enlightened and the rest of us is they see clearly that this moment is "It" and relate to it with the reverence and bliss of seeing God.  Nothing more.

It may be that you want to have a profound, mystical experience or unity with all things.  OK.  Easy.  Drop 200ug of good LSD in a safe and comfortable setting.  Enjoy.  12 hours later you will be back to your normal consciousness.  Unless you can take that experience and turn it into something you can experience in this moment completely sober it is no different than going to watch a good movie.  It can be exciting and entertaining, but once the titles are rolling down the screen, the lights come on and you are back to your life.  Now what?

11 minutes ago, OneIntoOne said:

@taotemu

But i want to feel it!

You’re missing the point of @taotemu’s post. You ARE feeling it. You ARE seeing it, RIGHT NOW. This moment, this breath, this experience, IS God.

As you continue to meditate, contemplate, take psychedelics, and any other practice aimed at “raising consciousness” always understand the truth that wherever you are, however reality is appearing in this moment, the literal actuality of your direct experience in whatever low consciousness way it’s expressing itself, is God, is The Self, is Brahman, is Emptiness. You have nowhere to go and nothing to do to find what you’re seeking. Now seek from that space and you will find God. 

Edited by Consilience

23 minutes ago, OneIntoOne said:

@taotemu

But i want to feel it!

Leave the noise, the phone, the plans, the seduction, the phone, the phone, and meditate for three hours. And you probably can feel it (this recommendation is over all to myself)

Edited by Breakingthewall

15 minutes ago, Consilience said:

You’re missing the point of @taotemu’s post. You ARE feeling it. You ARE seeing it, RIGHT NOW. This moment, this breath, this experience, IS God.

As you continue to meditate, contemplate, take psychedelics, and any other practice aimed at “raising consciousness” always understand the truth that wherever you are, however reality is appearing in this moment, the literal actuality of your direct experience in whatever low consciousness way it’s expressing itself, is God, is The Self, is Brahman, is Emptiness. You have nowhere to go and nothing to do to find what you’re seeking. Now seek from that space and you will find God. 

@Consilience

I feel like emptiness is an empty dead-end. ( and if i remember well @Leo Gura also mentioned it at one point in the recent videos)

It must be something else then 'just' that.

I am not coming from a place of seeking just another experience but rather from a deep search for the truth.

I know for example in Judaism they have something called Mitzvot which is a way of living and doing deeds as a way to connect to God, Because how else are you going to to connect with him??

Edited by OneIntoOne

3 minutes ago, OneIntoOne said:

@Consilience

I feel like emptiness is an empty dead-end. ( and if i remember well @Leo Gura also mentioned it at one point in the recent videos)

It must be something else then 'just' that.

I am not coming from a place of seeking just another experience but rather from a deep search for the truth.

I know for example in Judaism they have something called Mitzvot which is a way of living and doing deeds as a way to connect to God, Because how else are you going to to connect with him??

Your feelings are literally arising out of and passing back into emptiness, moment by moment. Emptiness = God. 

It seems you have a lot of conceptual ideas of what God is, but this wont do. I would recommend a hardcore meditation practice and deeply studying many mystical/contemplative traditions and what they have to say about the ultimate nature of reality. 

@OneIntoOne there is plenty you can do to distract from the experience of God.  There are delusional stories we create about life and reality that can seem enticing to the ego mind.  The seeking is the first step.  The final step is in returning from where you started and realize what you have been seeking has always been right here in front of your nose and in your blood.  You can't escape it if you tried.  The only thing to seek is the clarity to see it as it really is.  Now that is a worthy endeavor.   

Look at a classic statue of the Hindu God Shiva.  He is dancing on the back of a man.  The man is too distracted to notice.  That is the human condition.  We have a living God dancing on our backs, and yet we are looking for God in the dirt. 

zcg54.jpg

Edited by taotemu

2 hours ago, OneIntoOne said:

how do you become conscious of him 24/7? 

by dying 

There literally isn't. But you don't have to die physically. But for enlightenment, one thing is certain - your ego needs to die.