SamC

What does intimacy mean for girls?

44 posts in this topic

On 7/29/2021 at 9:34 AM, Vzdoh said:

Not sure about other girls, but for me intimacy truly means ability to be vulnerable in all senses in a relationship. If either me or my partner are having issues being vulnerable with each other, I don't feel intimacy and if I don't feel intimacy, I simply don't want the guy sexually. 

For me personally it's weird, because i really can't get excited for guys with whom i have no shared intimacy, no matter how good looking or successful they are! But if there is connection, closeness and intimacy and I feel his masculinity intensely, I turn into a walking sex machine ??????????? My desire skyrockets immediately almost and I want the guy every day, several times per day ????

Weird, but that's how my libido works

That sounds healthy to me, not weird at all :) I noticed a pattern with one girlfriend that we'd be emotionally open and vulnerable with each other and then we'd feel very aroused, it seemed odd to me at first (I suspect because I'd unconsciously separated sex from love, which is a bit depressing) but I think it's completely natural for that to happen - you merge at the level of the heart, and then you feel the desire to merge physically.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Presence, awareness, non-judgmental, (ie open), expressive, honest, authentic. Feeling truly seen, fully appreciated, feeling truly heard. The only way to receive it is to be it. Also helps if there's an intensity or a charge that you don't understand, something so compelling that all doubt or distraction doesn't even register. One thing leads to another and another leads to one thing. By that I mean it's both practiced, cultivated and it's also totally uncaused and spontaneous. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

To me  it  means totally  surrendering  myself to someone else and allowing my feelings to be  guided  by  my love. The  most  important  intimacy is emotional.

Edited by Olivia24

@SamC

Another way to express what I would define as intimacy as per me is this-

Who is strong firm and loving, supportive

Someone who really wants you and is not half hearted about it

Someone who creates trust and respects you deeply 

Someone who genuinely cares

Someone who understands you the way you wish to be understood

Someone who doesn't take you for granted

Someone who treats you right. The way you wish to be treated.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.