john1

Can you go after life purpose and enlightenment at the same time in high school?

7 posts in this topic

I'm 15 and in high school and was wondering if I could do both things at the same time. I got the life purpose course ~4 months ago and am halfway through (just got to the values assessments) and also just got into the enlightenment thing Leo's talking about. This all seems pretty cool, I see the value in both of these things. I just want to know if it would be practical if I do both of these things at once, or maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea. I'm busy doing other stuff too like school, SAT, AP classes, doing stuff that would be good for college, and learning another language outside of school, so that takes up a lot of time. I'm just a little bit confused right now and would just like some advice and what direction I should go.

You don't need to rush into anything. Focus on school, developing the skills you need and developing a healthy clear mind. Focus on enjoying your youth, building your foundation. 

Mental clarity, self love, good habits, healthy relationships, etc... Its all connected.

With enlightenment you can think 10-20-30 years in the future. You are so far ahead of other by already taking the LP course and working your ass off.

You can still meditate, do Yoga, Qigong, etc... The sooner you start Qigong the longer you will stay youthful and your mental and physical health will excel and carry you with a higher level of youthfulness. You want to now build a foundation to add life to your years.

Take the idea of understanding finances over the next few years. You are at the perfect age to begin mastering it so you don't have to worry about money and wage slavery when you are older.

Having money and understanding it frees you up to do whatever you want. If you study enough, develop skills and understand how to learn and develop skill rapidly you will be a super power.

Plan, enjoy, have fun, explore your passions, meditate, etc

Build your foundation.

Enlightenment, mastery of mind, esoteric wisdom, etc... It's a huge sprawling exploration! 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, john1 said:

I just want to know if it would be practical if I do both of these things at once, or maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea. I'm busy doing other stuff too like school, SAT, AP classes, doing stuff that would be good for college, and learning another language outside of school, so that takes up a lot of time. I'm just a little bit confused right now and would just like some advice and what direction I should go.

You are very young and got your whole life ahead of you, it's really amazing how far ahead of the curve you are by thinking about all this stuff now.

But it's CRUCIAL you don't overwhelm yourself or mix up your priorities.

Do what you need to for school, spend time socializing with friends, getting girlfriends/boyfriends, partying and having fun. Soak up lots of different experiences so you find out what you really like/don't like and can contrast for the future.

You need to have your house in order before you can really go balls to wall pursuing enlightenment for example.

You have to be strategic about things!

hrhrhtewgfegege

@john1 No No No, avoid spiritual work at least until your out of highschool, theres so many other survival skills you must learn before you can even think about enlightenment. Any profound insights you have will be corrupted by your immature mind and will be quickly snuffed out by peer pressure so you can fit in high school 100% can guarantee you this.

Workout, learn about good diet practices, learn how to make friends, learn how to attract/talk to girls and learn how to be a creative value provider. There's a reason why this is "advanced work" understanding a bunch of concepts doesn't mean anything when you cant make friends, attract women in your life or even make money.

At most you should instill an easy mediation practice thats all you need.

I would say it's great that you're interested in spirituality and would also encourage you to keep at it, but only to the extent you are comfortable with it. Maybe make it a hobby, just like the other language you're studying. It's crucial that you are prepared that you have huge limits with it, as you are young and in a process of putting your basic survival elements in place. Spiritual stuff can get overwhelming, and when that happens, it's important that you acknowledge your priorities -- school, money, independence, relationships, etc. -- and you release the pressure spirituality might put to you.

I wouldn't yet be too concerned about any serious spiritual concepts, but e.g. meditation is a practice that can be highly practical in a conventional sense and also deeply spiritual, so it would be a good practice to start enhancing your skills at. You can now use the benefits to your performance at school and in other areas in life, and after 10 years when you might have more room for spirituality, you are already a badass zen wizard with a mind as calm as the sea to make amazing spiritual progress, if that's what you want B|

@john1 hey bro I’m 20 as of now, but I started the path to awakening at 18. Your age is perfect. This is my 2 cents hold off on the enlightenment until you’re 18+(19-21is perfect to start enlightenment work) . BUT still meditate, just self actualize as much as you can. Then when you graduate you’ll have all that foundation from self actualization to support your house of self realization aka enlightenment. Leo is amazing for the personal development, good habits, life purpose, I think a really good goal you should set is financial independence and life purpose. The faster you have complete understanding of what you actually want the better your map will be.