Taavi

Consciousness Work Taking Away Motivation To Succeed. Leo`s Input Would Be Appreciated

45 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura I guess it is another thing that I have to wrap my mind around by doing the work.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Remember that enlightenment really changes nothing. If your life is crappy before enlightenment, it will still be crappy afterwards.

I have gotten the impression that it does fundamentally change the way a person experiences his or her life. Not trying to nitpick but in your own "The Benefits Of Enlightenment" video you list a lot of ways a persons life should get better after enlightenment. I understand that enlightenment wont give you skills to be better at your career or automatically fix your relationships or things like that but should you kinda not consider your life crappy anymore after enlightenment? Of course you do not need enlightenment to not consider your life crappy, I don`t already. Not saying it is good either. Judging your life`s quality is really an arbitrary thing in my current opinion and has no value in experiencing things as they are.

Is it not kinda the whole point of consciousness work to step out of the "mouse chasing cheese it will never get" situation and experience things as they are without the inherent suffering of not accepting things as they are?

Explanation for this question would be great because it seems that my impression of enlightenment and consciousness work differs from yours. I am just trying to understand what is going on.

@Taavi This work is inherently paradoxical. Nothing changes, and everything changes simultaneously.

But enlightenment will certainly not change anything material. So if you're broke now, you'll still be broke after enlightenment.

Even addictions may not change. If you're a chain smoker now, you probably will be after enlightenment unless you make efforts to change it.

Enlightenment is utterly useless. It has no practical function. It just happens to be TRUE. After realizing this, your life must still go on. You still have to eat, shit, read, drive a car, go to work, relate to people, pay your taxes, avoid falling off cliffs, etc. But you will have a new perspective on life and your role in it. And emotionally, stuff should change quite a bit.

Judging your life's quality is arbitrary, but that doesn't mean you want to live like a dog. You still have many preferences.

You are not merely a passive observer of life. You are an active participant whether you like it or not. Every action you take has consequences (even if there is no "you" steering the ship).

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura so just because you are enlightent, does'nt mean that you have high concsiousness? Spirutual purification is not "synonymous" with enlightenment? 

@Leo Gura I will keep trying to discern the nuances of this work. There sure are plenty of them.

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Taavi 

But enlightenment will certainly not change anything material. So if you're broke now, you'll still be broke after enlightenment.

Not unless some of the stuff in "The Holographic Universe" is correct and I develop PK powers along with enlightenment lol.

Edited by Taavi
Typo

1 hour ago, Anlib said:

@Leo Gura so just because you are enlightent, does'nt mean that you have high concsiousness? Spirutual purification is not "synonymous" with enlightenment?

Spiritual purification is much larger in scope than enlightenment proper. Enlightenment simply means you are conscious of what you are. You could be enlightened but still very under-developed in many other areas, or be a homeless crack addict.

Yes, enlightenment means high consciousness, but there are many degrees of high consciousness. Like, just because you can play a tune on the piano doesn't mean you're at the level of Mozart. It takes A LOT of work to get to Mozart's level.

1 hour ago, Taavi said:

@Leo Gura Not unless some of the stuff in "The Holographic Universe" is correct and I develop PK powers along with enlightenment lol.

If you become enlightened, making money shouldn't be too hard. It's a lot easier to learn how to make money.

The thing I was thinking of was: awareness is curative. How can someone with high concsiousness be a crack addict?  

Why are'nt they just feeling the withdrawal sympthom and recognoze that there is no on to suffer?

@Anlib Generally speaking it is curative. But old habits run deep. You'll still have many bad habits after an initial enlightenment insight. Some may drop away, but many won't without additional work.

Because enlightenment is BEYOND the mind. And stuff like being a crack addict is deeply embedded in mind habits. Enlightenment will NOT rewire your whole brain. That's much more difficult to accomplish and will require some serious work.

In practice, an enlightened person would probably not be a crack addict, because that's so low consciousness. But they could easily be overweight for example, or be terrible in relationships, or struggle with money.

@Leo Gura ok, but if I relate this to myself I see this consciousness work as an escape from the work I think I have to do on myself. I have low self-esteem in many areas of my life. I have no good grades from high school and I have never been good in school. The area of my lige that's always been in control is my physical health. I have no overwehlming addictions in my life. I medditate atleast 1.5 hrs every day. 

The thing im looking for now in my life is like the dark night of the soul kind of thing, where my psyche in in da purge so to speak, because I know that I have alot of unresolved trauma, and I know what the trauma is but I don't feel THAT BAD when I think of it. 

I know I am underdeveloped in many ways, but I also have enough mindfulness to see all the suffering it would create to chase all these thinngs: money, sex, success etc. 

The only possible true value I can see is getting serious with studies, but all the other shit just do not motivate me. 

I am 20 years old

What do you think I should do?

@Thinh Yes. After enlightenment, it should become obvious to you that the most worthwhile life purpose is raising consciousness. It's the universal purpose. And it beats all others.

If you ever experience God, you will instantly understand why religions exist and spread. You will want to share this experience with the whole world.

But you won't really be able to. And that will break your heart.

If you ever experience God, you will instantly understand why religions exist and spread. You will want to share this experience with the whole world.

???

Hmmm...so find ways to do so. Like write a book in 3rd person. Make it part of your journey in some way or the other. Infinite is not just non-duel/no-self/nothingness; it's also the paradox: infinite possibilities.

This is not so that you'll become "rich" or "famous" or you will actually achieve something. This is just so that others and you will have peace or peace of mind - that's a start, and then they'll continue to improve and grow.

Dissolve the fictional ego by "thinking" (being aware) of the opposite-paradox. ;) Neutralize.

FB_IMG_1455784039069.jpg

Edited by Key Elements

@Key Elements Tell that to Jesus ;)

Don't worry, we don't live in Jesus's time. So many more ppl are incorporating spirituality into their journey/life purpose and getting through to some ppl. That's the small ripple effect.

Just keep trying and be creative. It's not a journey that ends; it only has milestones. Learn from those milestones.

Edited by Key Elements

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Key Elements Tell that to Trump :P

Good suggestion! We would have to really strategize on that to convince someone like that. Remember that seeing the infinite is not the only awakening / enlightenment experience. It will take much more to really prove it to someone like that. Maybe develop a paranormal ability in your journey - if that's possible for you. There are such things. Not just that, you'll need more than one aspect to really prove it to ppl like that. Maybe incorporate your talents too in your journey. Keep learning from your milestones.

@Leo Gura 

Leo, maybe the question is: how do you (we) convince scientific minded people / business minded ppl, not willing to listen, about this journey - when they have no experience too? It will take more than just speaking it to catch their attention. Nowadays, it might take a combo of multiple talents, turn it into something very different and creative, to catch their attention. I would say, it would have to be very useful too - so many things have been tried, repeated, and repackaged. Like you said in your clip below, do this with responsibility. (stage turquoise)

8 hours ago, Key Elements said:

how do you (we) convince scientific minded people / business minded ppl, not willing to listen, about this journey - when they have no experience too?

people only change when they desire it. At their lowest point usually. At least that is how it is for me. And science will eventually catch up to this problem. It is a matter of time (and not blowing ourselves up or destroying our infrastructure with global warming). 

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts 

9 hours ago, Key Elements said:

Leo, maybe the question is: how do you (we) convince scientific minded people / business minded ppl, not willing to listen, about this journey

That has been the prime issue for the last 5,000 years.

On 22.11.2016 at 7:25 AM, Leo Gura said:

@Key Elements Tell that to Trump :P

Oh, they tried dude ... :D

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.