Taavi

Consciousness Work Taking Away Motivation To Succeed. Leo`s Input Would Be Appreciated

45 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That has been the prime issue for the last 5,000 years.

Yes true. I agree. But, here's what I'm trying to say. Keep trying and strategizing. Here's what I noticed:

Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, classical music, Indian classical dances, Picasso, Michaelangelo, Van Gogh, and let's also add Gandhi, Martin Luther King, and Abe Lincoln.

That's a short list of ppl/things with outstanding life purposes. They took the world to the next level. They went down in human history "eternally." Maybe some or all of them forgot to do this. If they only wrote about their enlightenment experiences / awakenings in a way that is convincing - you know strategize on it. That would've been great. Like I said, it takes more than experiencing infinity to be convincing. They forgot to incorporate spirituality in their life purpose (I think), but we don't have to forget. (Ripple effect)

On 23/11/2016 at 11:59 AM, Azrael said:

Oh, they tried dude ... :D

Hey, that was really funny! But, I think someone like Trump won't buy that because many ppl are not the psychedelic type of ppl.

This clip could be put under Enlightenment Jokes.

Edited by Key Elements

On 22/11/2016 at 11:47 PM, Pramit said:

people only change when they desire it. At their lowest point usually. At least that is how it is for me. And science will eventually catch up to this problem. It is a matter of time (and not blowing ourselves up or destroying our infrastructure with global warming). 

Yes true. I get what you're saying. I still think there is hope to convince others (at least drop a little clue on their path), if we all did our life purposes in inspiring / brilliant ways and also write on spirituality in convincing ways. Something like that. Not everyone realizes this at the lowest times in their lives - everyone is different. Some are curious and realize it.

Edited by Key Elements

7 hours ago, Key Elements said:

Yes true. I get what you're saying. I still think there is hope to convince others (at least drop a little clue on their path), if we all did our life purposes in inspiring / brilliant ways and also write on spirituality in convincing ways. Something like that. Not everyone realizes this at the lowest times in their lives - everyone is different. Some are curious and realize it.

I respectfully disagree with this sentiment. We find clues only when we are ready. The ideal teacher will show itself only when the time is right. Ideas of  buddhist philosophy has been around for century, but the world is what it is, or worse. It is simply how the human mind works. We are cognitive misers, we will take the path of least resistance. Posting on social media to get likes/approval is far easier than trying to understand WHY you want to post on social media and realizing your emptiness. 

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts 

@Pramit

I used to think like that - that things are as it is, and we take the least resistant path - up until I heard about paradoxes. That made more sense to me. Everything isn't black and white. We live in a gray world. We are everything and also nothing. There's no up or down in space - gravity makes it up or down. We have freewill and we don't. We deal with the ego, the aka emotional monkey mind, yet it's all a fiction.

I think life is generous. If you don't get something right the first time, life will give it to you again. We only have to choose to do it; then things fall into place, eventually. It's like learning to ride a bike - you keep falling and getting back up until you learn. That's the beauty of living life. It's what makes it meaningful - you.

Find a balance that fits you.

Edited by Key Elements