Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Martin123

Using 5-meo-dmt To Become Enlightened - Interview With Martin Ball Question

13 posts in this topic

1. Is there a distinction between enlightenment with the ego present, and complete permanent ego-destruction?
2. Martin hammered a lot the idea of body-language. This got me thinking that it perhaps could be useful to integrate this into a meditation habit - vulnerable body language?

Edited by Martin123

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

7 hours ago, Martin123 said:

1. Is there a distinction between enlightenment with the ego present, and complete permanent ego-destruction?
2. Martin hammered a lot the idea of body-language. This got me thinking that it perhaps could be useful to integrate this into a meditation habit - vulnerable body language?

1) While you can experiences of no-ego, the ego never totally "dies" as Martin explains. It just eventually becomes like a costume you can take on or off

2) Sounds worth looking into. I did some digging and he has yoga exercises related to his ideas of symmetry

@aurum The thing that won't go off my mind is Eckhart Tolle's views on it. He always talks about dissolving the ego fully, not coming back to it. When I think about it though, it would be hella difficult to live in a western world without being able to play a "game of ego".

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

30 minutes ago, Martin123 said:

@aurum The thing that won't go off my mind is Eckhart Tolle's views on it. He always talks about dissolving the ego fully, not coming back to it. When I think about it though, it would be hella difficult to live in a western world without being able to play a "game of ego".

"Dissolving" is just a metaphor for lack of a better word for the process of dis-identifying with ego. Tolle doesn't actually mean you'll never function as your character again. It might be true that you're actually the one universal ineffable consciousness, but to paraphrase Jed McKenna, you need something to wear.

On 11/20/2016 at 8:57 PM, Martin123 said:

Depends on who you are talking to. People who haven't dissolved the ego like to say you cant function without it but people who have say that you still have it but you put it on and off and they have choice to do so. If you are controlled by your Ego then you still need to keep working on conciousness.

I think the western world is unhealthy so I think you can function in it without being like how most people behave in it. One thing I'm realizing the deeper I go into this is how much of a change we need so I am deciding to be that change each day so that includes living a more unconventional life.

By the way don't take Eckhart's views too seriously since he's probably not so attached to them and it can limit you on the path.

Edited by Live Life Liam

15 hours ago, Martin123 said:

In one of Oprah's videos of "A new Earth", someone asked Eckhart how he identifies himself to other people. He said he doesnt say "I'm formless consciousness" but rather relates to others on an ego level by saying "I'm a writer".  That was from memory so may not have been his exact words but I hope you get the point.

The practical level of survival will always exist as long as you're alive as a human being.

Yes, you are formless consciousness.

But you are also a human avatar, and as long as you are, on the practical level, you will have to behave like a human. This shouldn't be so surprising.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It’s best not to cling to any conceptual ideas like “I’m infinite” or “I’m formless consciousness” unless you directly experience it. Even the idea of enlightenment and the idea of an ego are roadblocks, roadblocks on the path to nowhere.

That’s just my $.02.

This interview is awesome, really takes away some of the fears away about 5-MeO when it's talked about so down to earth and practical, and it seems so fucking full of potential it's insane.

Thank you guys

The white lies part was hilarious, too true! It would be lovely if humanity evolved beyond being so easily offended, and deceptive social considerations were no longer expected (today please). I discovered, (more deeply), that this is something one needs to experience for themselves. That watching a couple of youtube's related videos showing other's external experiences isn't really helpful (not the best use of my time either); one would need DIRECT, INTERNAL AWARENESS. I have never read the comments below a video before, but this one tempted me. The post that stood out in my quick scroll, was a lady that said something about having no interest in drugs, but this video had opened her mind...For me, it was interesting to observe my pre-conceptions...my mind tried to convince me that because of Martin's mannerisms, word choices, etc that there must be some deception...when the most likely deception was within myself. When I saw his eyes, when he said he would never be imprisoned again, I connected on a level beyond what my ego could manipulate...It became obvious Martin is the real deal...

Edited by Epiphany_Inspired
grammar

I meant,  I "80%" think Martin is the real deal, lol. This old punk song has always seemed about higher-self vs ego to me (from the higher perspective), and reminded me of a lot of the things Martin was saying, especially the last line. Here's the lyrics and song by the amazing NoMeansNo, (they just retired, but are looking into animatronics to keep the concerts happening):

http://www.metrolyrics.com/what-slayde-says-lyrics-nomeansno.html

Even though I've heard it a million times, just like to share that the interviews with Martin have brought some falling away of identification and I feel like 'constantly' just thinking and visualizing/feeling that YOU ARE/WILL BE/WAS EVERYONE has some effect. :)

Also visualizing/feeling like how you would feel right before taking 5-MeO, you might feel some fears appearing, in the body, that you can work with as well.

From Martin Ball:

"It was fun while it lasted, but it looks as though an unprecedented (for me) run of book sales is starting to wind down. A few months ago an interview with me was released by Leo Gura and as a result, book sales were the best they've ever been for me in the 10 years I've had books on the market. Very grateful to have gotten 3 good months of the Leo Gura bump! Never underestimate the power of a well-placed interview to generate a little interest in your work. :)"