melodydanielluna

I just bought the booklist and I'm so excited!

24 posts in this topic

I've been getting much more selective about the personal development resources I use.  It will be nice to hear Leo's reviews of a particular book before investing my time and money.

I write pieces that make the reader think.

www.melodydanielluna.com

You may want to check out scribd.com.

You can get a free 2 week membership and download (and keep!) about 1/4 of Leo's book list.  You can also stream about 10-20 books that aren't downloadable.   Great for a book binge or sampling different books to figure out what you want to focus on.

@FlyingLotus Thank you!  That's very helpful, as I was taking notes and trying to figure out where to direct my attention.  I just bought 'So Good They Can't Ignore You' by Cal Newport, as my main focus is realizing my LP and turning it into the way I pay my monthly bills!

www.melodydanielluna.com

@Preety_India the other Cal Newport's book which is like a sequel to so good they can't ignore you. I learned alot of stuff and techniques to actually work deeper. If you sit one hour to work on something but you are all over the place obviously this hour is not the same as doing the work very concentrated without distractions. 

It's something obvious but strangely enough i wasn't thinking about it while putting distracted hours in. 

Work Accomplished = Time Spent x Intensity

Sounds like Deep Work.  That's a good one too.  I liked that one a lot.  The first book under Life Purpose on the book list is also a great one for finding your LP.

@melodydanielluna well yes of course, i just prefer to not say the book names because really everyone should get the booklist and read the stuff there. 

These books are changing my life. Well other books too but now i have a big list in categories and i can choose everytime what i feel like working on and understand. 

The booklist is pretty interesting, I noticed a few titles on there that I’d be interested in as well. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

@BlackMaze Ah okay.  Noted.  I will try to not reveal the titles on the list :)

www.melodydanielluna.com

I try not to name the books on the list either.  That way people can be surprised.  Who'd have guessed Trump's "Art of the Deal" would be in the Enlightenment category?!  Or "Fifty Shades of Grey" would be under Spiritual Poetry? :P

Edited by FlyingLotus

16 hours ago, FlyingLotus said:

I try not to name the books on the list either.  That way people can be surprised.  Who'd have guessed Trump's "Art of the Deal" would be in the Enlightenment category?!  Or "Fifty Shades of Grey" would be under Spiritual Poetry? :P

Not in a month of Sundays xD Mind you, Trump had about as much to do with 'The Art of The Deal' as I had to do with the Bible by all accounts, it's basically his ghostwriter Tony Schwartz's book.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@BlackMaze be careful with calnewport.he is very material and stage orange.his book straight a student is best seller but is total bullshit and garbage.

3 hours ago, RickyFitts said:

it's basically his ghostwriter Tony Schwartz's book.

Explains why it was actually successful!!

21 minutes ago, asifarahim said:

his book straight a student is best seller but is total bullshit and garbage.

I haven't read that one.  What would you say is wrong with it?

2 hours ago, FlyingLotus said:

Explains why it was actually successful!!

Quite! xD

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

2 hours ago, asifarahim said:

@BlackMaze be careful with calnewport.he is very material and stage orange.his book straight a student is best seller but is total bullshit and garbage.

Cal Newport was 24 years old when he wrote that. I won't read it and I also won't judge him even if it's bad.

@asifarahim Interesting that you should say that.  I actually wanted to read something very 'stage orange', because I feel I have a major 'stage orange' shadow.  I want to work out my limiting beliefs around money and having a career, so I can earn money in a way that reflects my values and what I find meaningful.  I definitely take each book I read with a grain of salt.  I would love to hear about why you think his books are so bad.

www.melodydanielluna.com