Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cathal

Diet+supplement advice pls

17 posts in this topic

hey I need some advice. I want to clean up and find a stable diet that really benefits my body and mind as best I can get it and aids my current issues and with more context to this post, the aid of herbs/medicine or supplements because I have a bad knowledge of it all, I take 0 drugs anymore just a multivitiman. I'd appreciate it.

I eat one hour a day in the morning, to keep it simple I eat like vegans do. I deal with quite a bit of energy lethargy, emotional disconnection, dissociation and possible endocrine system damage from a cocktail of prescription drugs when I was younger. I would describe my day to day state of being in 'freeze' from the abuse and intense anxiety I went through, calming relaxing stuff I enjoy it makes it much easier to explore myself like meditation and helps me with going into therapy, like feeling safe?

I think i'm a kapha-pitta-vata (kapha and pitta are almost the same) dosha in ayurveda, I fuckin cannot really wrap my head around that system but if that helps ya... 

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

@catcat69123 Hey, welcome to the forum! 

I'd like to provide some advice but am missing some more context 

• May I ask for some more clarification on your current intake. It seems that you eat one meal in the day which is your breakfast (vegan), is that correct? 
  • What is your current lifestyle like? (sleep, exercise, work-life balance) 
  • What sort of drugs have you been using for the past 3 years
  • Have you been diagnosed with anything medically? 

Could you elaborate more on your life, on your diet and just your lifestyle in general? What would be your goal? What would you like us to help you achieve? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569  Yeah I mean in the space of about an hour I eat 1500-2000 calories or something like that each morning, I know that's kinda weird. I just got into the habit of it, yeah it's a vegan diet.

Basically I kind of withdrew from everything to give time to go into healing and helping myself, I have all the time in the world. I sleep pretty good, do a good yoga session each day, and I get work done.

I have done a lot of drugs, cigs, weed, alcohol, benzodiapines, codeine, anti-psychotics, mood-stabalizers, SSRIs, SNRIs, a big cocktail of desperation which could have possibly fucked with my hormones. But when I did mushrooms a few months ago I just quit everything in a week, I'm just kind of sitting on the chair with unbearable suffering at the moment. No but then again I haven't been to a doctor in a long time.

My goal is to get in touch with my emotions and my feminine side, my ability to feel compassion towards myself so I can start the forgiveness process which I can see is a really really important thing I must do to let go. But rn I cannot feel a thing,

so I would ultimately like to achieve feeling relaxed safe and to cultivate compassion and loving feelings, so I'm not really sure to what degree a certain diet and the use of herbs or whatever could help that because I really don't have an understanding of use of herbs/nootropics/drugs to help with what I just described and if it can help transform me.

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

@catcat69123 Michael will be the expert here, but if you want a quick overview of general recommendations, I put all the practical advice and supplement mentions from the book "Regenerate" into my Notion. Take a look:

https://www.notion.so/Regenerate-Sayer-Ji-5ce03392de7e4c8c96ab62ed292b6b40

If you just want to know what to eat and what to avoid, look into phase 2. If you want to know supplements to help you, look into phase 3. If you have a specific condition, see the toggles below with specific recommendations. For a big picture overview, consider looking at all phases and implement them. I'm currently doing so and feel amazing :x

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

1 hour ago, catcat69123 said:

Yeah I mean in the space of about an hour I eat 1500-2000 calories or something like that each morning, I know that's kinda weird. I just got into the habit of it, yeah it's a vegan diet.

Do you think you'd be willing to spread it across at least 2 meals? Because you are on a plant-based diet, 1500 calories (on paper) may be 1200 calories in reality. The absorption of calories and macros from plants is generally a bit lower than from something like animal products (not suggesting you start eating animals just making a comparison). SO spreading your nutrition across 2 , even 3 meals may ensure that essential nutrients are coming in throughout the day and that there is a higher rate of calorie/vitamin/mineral absorption. Also certain components in plants generally do interfere with some nutrient absorption (for example Zinc or Copper). In a typical diet that is not of a concern but in vegan-IF it may become an issue actually. 

Also if you look at the fasting, during the period of no eating, your stress hormones will start rising and as someone trying to heal your energetic/spiritual body this may not be helping too much to stay calm & grounded. 

I'd go for more warm, cooked meals with some mild spices. Cooked food is generally more gentle to digestion and just really more warming to the soul. Eliminate coffee and if you like green tea get it decaf. But other herbal teas like lemon balm or chamomile would be more beneficial for the work you are trying to do. 

1 hour ago, catcat69123 said:

I have done a lot of drugs, cigs, weed, alcohol, benzodiapines, codeine, anti-psychotics, mood-stabalizers, SSRIs, SNRIs, a big cocktail of desperation which could have possibly fucked with my hormones. But when I did mushrooms a few months ago I just quit everything in a week, I'm just kind of sitting on the chair with unbearable suffering at the moment. No but then again I haven't been to a doctor in a long time.

I think paying a visit to your doc and getting some basic blood work done would be a good idea. Some sort of liver/elimination support would definitely be beneficial which is where we come back to the earlier point of possibly benefiting from spreading your meals across multiple portions. The liver is very nutrient dependant so I think applying more gentle approach rather than intermittent fasting would really benefit you. Again, best done under a supervision of herbalist, naturopath, nutritionists, Chinese medicine doctor etc. 

A short term supplementation of some green powders and some complex organic wholefood multi would also help. 

As for the rest of your response, this is where working with a spiritual coach / guide or someone well versed in this area would be useful. We have many members who might be able to help you.

All the best !

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 hours ago, Michael569 said:

this is where working with a spiritual coach / guide or someone well versed in this area would be useful. We have many members who might be able to help you.

@Nahm does some good work.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Matt23 Appreciate the mention, thanks!

@catcat69123
I’m available anytime. I’ve experienced almost everything you’ve mentioned. Similar challenges with lethargy, stability, took scripts, became a food-for-feeling guinea pig & alchemist for years & fine tuned diet, went vegan, tried out 20 -30 nootropics, many supplements, now taking none of those and am more energetic, more clarity, more feminine balance, and more feeling than ever. Here is a link if you’re interested. Feel free to pm or email anytime as well. Godspeed. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Khm khm more feelings then ever with this. 

Nobody says you have to be vegan. Quality baby quality that's all. 

Started salivating already. 

Edited by Zeroguy

9 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

Nobody says you have to be vegan

I think if somebody decides to be vegan (not plant-based) it indicates that it is an ethical choice as much as it is a health choice so it would not be right to tell them to just "stop being vegan". The ethics behind veganism on their own give the person every right to reject any animal products if they wish to do so. 

@Michael569 Are you vegan? Just out of curiosity :)

I've been for years but recently decided to reintroduce meat (mainly poultry), only the highest quality and ethically reasonable that is available, back into my diet. I personally always felt that to support your local high standard organic farm can be overall more effective than just eliminating some things. Feels really good to ease those boundaries I once set for myself by going vegan. 

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

I think if somebody decides to be vegan (not plant-based) it indicates that it is an ethical choice as much as it is a health choice so it would not be right to tell them to just "stop being vegan". The ethics behind veganism on their own give the person every right to reject any animal products if they wish to do so. 

I agree. It wasn't really about more about like you have to eat certain type of food to be more concious or lets say to feel in specific way. 

You can, even with eating meat, eggs cheese. There is difference btw for example domestic made and industrial.GMO and whatever.

My take is that it is your body afterall and you should take care of it. You don't want to put anything really into it. Concious choice and decisions about your own health.As someone who likes  to have muscle mass well my choice what food I will take in but I care about quality of it. 

Edited by Zeroguy

2 hours ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

Are you vegan? Just out of curiosity :)

I used to be for nearly 5 years but not anymore. I'd say I still eat 95% plant-based since that works best for my energy levels and I don't feel I have a need for animal products other than an odd greek yoghurt or an egg but I don't identify myself with any ethical movement anymore because I have allowed myself to slip in a deep dogma back then and it caused a lot of internal conflict. 

@Zeroguy I watched those videos. I dunno, is this your idea of a healthy food? 

2 hours ago, Zeroguy said:

Khm khm more feelings then ever with this. 

Nobody says you have to be vegan. Quality baby quality that's all. 

Started salivating already. 

The animals are grain fed. 

While it is tasty its not high quality. 

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

I used to be for nearly 5 years but not anymore. I'd say I still eat 95% plant-based since that works best for my energy levels and I don't feel I have a need for animal products other than an odd greek yoghurt or an egg but I don't identify myself with any ethical movement anymore because I have allowed myself to slip in a deep dogma back then and it caused a lot of internal conflict. 

Interesting, thank you for sharing! Sounds like we're in the same ballpark. I'm only eating chicken and honey when it comes to animal products right now, but thinking about eggs as a protein source.

@Nahm Hi thanks for the offer of help.

Yeah I was just looking at people link people making sausages or some shit and didn't know what my post turned into, but I wanted to ask you about nootropics.

Was anything actually helpful? I have been concerned about my nervous system and my body not producing certain hormones from maybe my thyroids or something in the endocrine system, I don't know really. I just have a gut feeling about it from everything I read and my life and drug use. Do you know anything about that stuff or would any nootropics help?

I never really tried nootropics because I really got sick of tolerance, actually with most drugs.

I drink caffeine and a multi-vit btw, spices like tumeric + neem, ginger

Thanks

2 hours ago, catcat69123 said:

Was anything actually helpful?

They seemed like subtle uppers & downers, band aids on secondary symptoms of underlying emotional discord. Not for me per se, but some people swear by em though, so it’s really a matter of direct experience.  If I were in your shoes I’d try L-theanine and Pharma Gabba. Significant enough amounts to feel & know the effects, not more than the manufacturer recommends. I’d continue meditating & expressing by writing or any creative interest, and I’d talk with a really good therapist, and ideally one well aware this is all mind who can quickly help you get to the bottom of things. I’d also eat (drink) this 3 or 4 days, having as many / as much as you want. Not a weight loss intention at all, but a purification, an opportunity to see the difference in comparison to whatever you’re eating. I’d of course talk to your dr, get blood work done, see what they say too. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE