Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danioover9000

Complete space flight.

25 posts in this topic

On 7/13/2021 at 5:55 AM, cetus said:

All the leaders on Earth should be the first ones offered a seat so they could experience the "Overview Effect" for themselves.

edgar.jpg

quote-only-when-i-saw-the-earth-from-space-in-all-its-ineffable-beauty-and-fragility-did-i-sigmund-jahn-60-46-39.jpg

Unfortunately that won't work on dense and materialistic people.

If only it were so easy to open the mind to God.

When Jeff Bezos looks out that space window, his mind will be scheming how to corner the market on it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Unfortunately that won't work on dense and materialistic people.

If only it were so easy to open the mind to God.

When Jeff Bezos looks out that space window, his mind will be scheming how to corner the market on it.

Your Vision on this is very myopic.

As the cost will come down over time due to Entrepreneurs, more and more leaders will be able to access it. As @cetus said the majority of them are likely to experience that "Overview effect". This is simply a matter of probability.

This technology will inject trillions of dollars in resources into the economy in decades to come. NASA is promoting space entrepreneurship by awarding contracts due to these reasons. They understand the long-term outcome of this. 

Branson did not focus on PR this time, as he used to before, because he is an old man and simply does not care how people may misrepresent it at this point in his life. He had to go first for proving safety so it becomes a viable option by simulating demand, therefore, bringing down costs. Potential customers don't wanna be scared by rockets blowing up on YouTube. This proves safety. If he did care about PR and focused on explaining this vision in layman's terms then everyone would have been singing a different tune right now. 

Edited by captainamerica

As for me the possibility of supersonic travels is much more realistic and pragmatic. Though the Concord basically failed, it might not be the case in new tech era

24 minutes ago, Marine said:

As for me the possibility of supersonic travels is much more realistic and pragmatic. Though the Concord basically failed, it might not be the case in new tech era

@MarineNice to see someone interested in Tech.

I like Elon Musk's implementation of what you are saying. Using reusable rockets. 

Edited by captainamerica