Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabith

Models: Attract Women Through Honesty

7 posts in this topic

I'm reading Models: Attract Women Through Honesty by Mark Manson.

And wow... I feel like "how shit why didn't I found this book before" ?

Ok I'm not old, I'm 28 years old but it would have saved me a few toxic relationships and above all I would have attracted many more women I'm attracted to.
I believe that if I apply what is explained in this book, it will change my love life, my vision about myself and women.

Now I know what to do and it makes so much sense to me. I don't understand how I could be so stupid to think all these years that in order to attract women, I have to be nice, to do everything to please her, in short to try to please.
As I have always tried to please others all my life...

What do you think of this book and what has it changed for you?

That book is a damn good book. One of the must-reads on topic of dating for sure.

Subtle art of not giving a fuck is also a great one.

Edited by Peter Miklis

Facade attracts facades, game attracts gamed, honest attracts honest. 

It’s how simple it is which could otherwise elude. 

There is nothing better to be than yourself. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Thank you.

Yeah it's shocking how accurate, logic and good it is !

I was reading this :
"Overcoming neediness is not about learning what to say or new things to do. Overcoming your neediness comes through a change in your mindset, your self-perception, and your self-respect. It's as simple as just changing your mind about women.

Take a moment to consider:

...That before meeting a woman, instead of worrying whether or not she will like you, you could wonder if you will like her.

...That instead of feeling the need to impress her, you could wonder if she impresses you.

& more..."

And reading the first example, I was shocked like "OMG this is so logic, so much healthier and I didn't think about this a single time in my entire life!
It was as if I had indoctrinated myself to believe that I have to please a woman. And never in my life I've questioned this.. And reading this for the first time, it sounds so clear, so logical... What a fool I've been !

I've got  a lot to work to do because I see perfectly myself in all the needy stories and examples he write in his book!

I think I created this neediness, this need to please and to be approved. Because of the years of harassment I suffered during school.
Almost everyone harassed me, girls didn't like me, I was shy, introverted and anxious.

@Gabith

Personally the book was a miss for me. Just didn’t land. But if you’re getting value of it, that’s all that matters.

Books can be absolutely life changing for some people and do absolutely nothing for others. It’s all about timing, upbringing, your specific stage of development and the lessons your soul is seeking to learn.

@Peter Miklis both are great books. 

How about "Everything is fucked" have you read that one? If so, would you recommend it?

Mark Manson is chill but his philosophy can get sooooo black-white-y. He said he would do that stuff because the shock stuff gets clicks.. Was pretty turned off by that myself but if u resonate that's good