The Monk

Neurotic, Toxic, Low Consciousness.

13 posts in this topic

Hi guys, there are some people in my life that I spend a vast amount of time with on a daily basis, I thought they were nice people until I began doing actualised work and realised how amazingly toxic, neurotic, abusive and close minded they are with amazingly large egos and poor motivations in life e.g. money and sex. I was wondering what I should do as I spend an hour with them every day on a daily basis, I don't enjoy being around these people anymore, they constantly insult me and grow their egos.  I was thinking of cutting them out of my life, as life is too short to be surrounded by neurotic, low consciousness, egotistical individuals. And there is no reasoning with them, I have already told them what happens when you cross the boundaries.  As, they constantly have negative thoughts, and judge my life purpose by laughing at it and making a joke out of it.

What would you do in this situation?

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

34 minutes ago, Aamir King said:

And there is no reasoning with them, I have already told them what happens when you cross the boundaries.  As, they constantly have negative thoughts, and judge my life purpose by laughing at it and making a joke out of it.

I'd do one of 2 things: 

1) Make them my teacher 

2) Stop hanging around them ( completely or at least to some degree if possible

[insert quote here]

Leave obviously, but do it completely openly. If you have bonded with them over time, I think it would be very wise to truly explain how you feel, give them an opportunity for in sight as well, because they too deep down want to be out of their suffering and negative ego.

And because you too will have held nothing back, you and them have thus no reason to stick around to each other.

1 minute ago, Mr Lenny said:

I'd do one of 2 things: 

1) Make them my teacher 

2) Stop hanging around them ( completely or at least to some degree if possible

Make them your teacher? What!?!?! xD

1 hour ago, Aamir King said:

Hi guys, there are some people in my life that I spend a vast amount of time with on a daily basis, I thought they were nice people until I began doing actualised work and realised how amazingly toxic, neurotic, abusive and close minded they are with amazingly large egos and poor motivations in life e.g. money and sex. I was wondering what I should do as I spend an hour with them every day on a daily basis, I don't enjoy being around these people anymore, they constantly insult me and grow their egos.  I was thinking of cutting them out of my life, as life is too short to be surrounded by neurotic, low consciousness, egotistical individuals. And there is no reasoning with them, I have already told them what happens when you cross the boundaries.  As, they constantly have negative thoughts, and judge my life purpose by laughing at it and making a joke out of it.

Follow your intuition. So basically yes just get the fuck out of there haha ;)

3 for go 1 for stay so far it seems like.

51 minutes ago, Schulzy said:

Yep you don't want to be around those type of people

Yes I agree, avoid people who make you uncomfortable.

Edited by Prabhaker

4 hours ago, Aamir King said:

when you encounter them, try not to judge them and just be present, alert watching their egos playing. You don't have to do anything ..your conscious presence is enough. Maybe one day their consciousness notice that too, I mean your humble aura:)

@blazed I'll definitely try, but no longer will remain around them. Thanks