ll Ontology ll

What is enlightenment like and how to get to it?

11 posts in this topic

I may have answers for you. Ask as nuanced of questions as you like.

Not trolling. Though humour has much bandwidth here.

Do I have a responsibility being at a higher level of enlightenment than others and if you think I do what do you think it is?

I want creativity.

=========================================

No drugs allowed here, at least in this discussion.

Feel free to play frisbee here as well:

Edited by ll Ontology ll

Is knowledge of extraterrestrial beings necessary to attain enlightenment? Or that knowledge comes after enlightenment?

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

On 5.7.2021 at 0:30 PM, Eternal Unity said:

Is knowledge of extraterrestrial beings necessary to attain enlightenment?

KNOWLEDGE is unnecessary 

49 minutes ago, Bluff said:

KNOWLEDGE is unnecessary 

I thought knowledge is a feature of absolute reality. What you KNOW, you experience. No?

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

Based on my experience of 'stream-entry' enlightenment (the first of four stages outlined in Buddhism), it's like:

• Awareness on steroids and auto-pilot (unless it is a temporary or 'non-abiding' enlightenment)
  • Peripheral vision widens slightly
  • Focal point of your vision widens slightly
  • Clear mind
  • Permanent change in sense of smell, taste, and body sensation
  • Contentment
  • Peace
  • A conviction that the change is permanent
  • No doubt that it can go even higher than this
  • Non-identification with self - It now feels absolutely false to identify as your name or believe that there is a self
    • It's understood that there is 'just things happening' to quote Jim Carey, or 'things ocurring' to quote Shinzen Young
  • Realization that there is no watcher - the instructions from spiritual guides to become the watcher are just that - instructions, the watcher is just another thought
  • Sit-down meditations are easy and you feel like you can do nothing for hours and be content
  • Decreased heart rate and breathing rate
  • Body lightness, like a feather
  • First few days were overwhelming, there was an adaption phase for me, because the shift is so distinct with permanency, there's this feeling like you'll switch back into the normal self how you always lived your life but when awareness is hyper and switched on and won't turn off, feelings of anxiousness can well up - I had insomnia the first few nights - Everything that I was experiencing was very clearly shared via stories from others in Adyashanti's book: The End of Your World - Thank heavens there was a book for this. It's not every day someone writes a book on how to deal with enlightenment after enlightenment and has the direct experience themselves along with students who also have direct experience.
  • Realization that enlightenment doesn't mean you don't make mistakes, make you automatically morally pure, don't have negative feelings arise sometimes etc...

1. Seek your ass off / perhaps use psychedelics as well

1.5 Meditate deeply and get into contemplation on emptiness/etc

2. Stop seeking

Edited by The0Self

21 hours ago, Eternal Unity said:

I thought knowledge is a feature of absolute reality. What you KNOW, you experience. No?

Knowing is absolute reality. But without something finite that's known. 

Knowledge about something is always a finite concept and not necessary to know KNOWING. 

@Bluff Thanx

Authenticity and being in your lack-free infinite state, wherein your own activities such as speaking appear just like the wind blowing through the trees. Shared awareness between everyone is but a function of what you really are.

Edited by The0Self

It will or won't happen to you sooner or later. If you are asking here then most likely it will happen all on it's own, unless it doesn't. What I'm getting at is there's no "you" to speed up or slow down the process of enlightenment in the first place. When you die you will be enlightened 100% though, so why worry about it? You may get to a day where you decide not to seek enlightenment anymore and it will feel totally authentic and like you chose to stop seeking yourself. Just know God (you) has its best interests at heart, because it's only happening for you. Your whole existence is made of love. Because it's only you here. If you were an infinite singular being the only thing to do is love yourself to the fullest. Infinite love. Fucking mind-blowing when you think about it...