Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Paul

Watching violent film to achieve detachment

12 posts in this topic

Terrible idea for your mental health.

You are not supposed to deatch from your emotions, but from the constant abstract chatter of your think-box.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

I am thinking of becoming detached from sensations of suffering and empathy to other beings and training capacity to be swift, violent, and vicious little by little. I figure if I can build up tolerance very slowly with these videos, i barely have tolerance now, I'm too empathetic. And if I take 5-meo too and train fighting, killing chickens for my friend who sells chickens etc. then my red will be stronger than the average mother fucker.

1 hour ago, John Paul said:

I'm too empathetic.

What does it mean to you? What are the symptoms of "too much empathy"?

Also, how old are you and where are you from?

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Too empathetic means ability to be influenced by another source. I want to become completely detached and able to destroy etc.25 Hawaii 

Either you are deeply ignorant, or indulging in some sort of fantasy. Good luck in finding someone more appropriate to give you advice than me.

27 minutes ago, John Paul said:

Too empathetic means ability to be influenced by another source. I want to become completely detached and able to destroy etc.25 Hawaii 

Buddy, you are the Source. 

To achieve detachment, you have to destroy the desire to destroy. 

Try meditation instead of Violent films. 

6 hours ago, John Paul said:

I am thinking of becoming detached from sensations of suffering and empathy to other beings and training capacity to be swift, violent, and vicious little by little.

lol, why? Sounds like you have some deeper issues here that need resolving, you seem like a scared little child who wants to become a badass. That's the pathway to hell my friend.

Glory to Israel

6 hours ago, John Paul said:

I am thinking of becoming detached from sensations of suffering and empathy to other beings and training capacity to be swift, violent, and vicious little by little. I figure if I can build up tolerance very slowly with these videos, i barely have tolerance now, I'm too empathetic. And if I take 5-meo too and train fighting, killing chickens for my friend who sells chickens etc. then my red will be stronger than the average mother fucker.

I actually tried that when I was 20. Not the killing chickens, but watching the most horrible movies to try to train myself to become detached.

Thinking it would make me more like a badass who couldn't be hurt.

Save yourself ten years of misery and don't try that. It doesn't work at all, just messes you up, and when you realise that, you'll have to undo it all.

I used to want to become a psychopath. But that was just because I was in so much pain from how the world had treated me.

If I had just faced those demons directly instead, that would have saved me a lot of regret.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

Good idea, but bad approach.

Whatever your environment is, your state of mind will follow. So, yes, becoming more familiar with ruthlessness by getting more in touch with it will make you ruthless. But that's the lazy, unconscious way to do it.

Instead, you can learn how to influence your state of mind regardless of environment. You can learn to be ruthless in normal circumstances, and you can learn to be anything else for that matter. However, you can't force the shift. You would need to have an authentic desire for ruthlessness (or whatever you want), and then by cultivating it and allowing it to manifest through your emotions, it'll start manifesting in your life.

Again, you can't just think a thought that you want to become something and then make it a reality. Authentic desire is essential.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Lol brotha… it’s an authentic desire trust me. Forget about it though. I came back to forgiveness.. hope I can stay here and be more here. This was cry for help, thanks for being there. Hope you all get better too.

Watching violent film to achieve detachment

I’ve found this can be a means of detachment as in emotional suppression, or a means of expansion via connection more prior to emotions. You could watch some disturbing movies, and right when it’s really ‘getttin ya’… pause it and feel the deep ‘off ness’. Might make you angry for seeing the injustices, or deeply sad and disturbed, but you’ll be feeling being, and odds are, releasing and thus experiencing clarity & understanding. If interested, you could watch a whole list of disturbing movies, or you could imo just watch Handmaid’s Tale all the way through. If you can make it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE