Terell Kirby

Does awakening cross over between lifetimes?

8 posts in this topic

Apologies if this is a repeated post.

Is there any research or definitive answers on this? Awakening is so sweet, that it does become somewhat sad to consider that the work put in to have deep mystical insights will vanish if it can’t be retained in the next incarnation. I’m sure no one has actually proven this, but I guess it’s good to at least speculate it. Our egos are ultimately not in control of what stays and what goes after our human identity dies. After all, God can willing put itself back to sleep and start the process over again.

Edited by Terell Kirby

How could there be life after death, when life is death? Not that there isn't life after death in that sense... The more relevant question: how could there be liberation as opposed to no-liberation if there's only liberation? You talking about something other than that in the story?

5 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

Our egos are ultimately not in control of what stays and what goes after our human identity dies. 

There already isn't anyone here in the body, it's an illusion.

That very "sense of self" that is asking what stays and what goes is not real at all.

Illusions don't stay or go because they're not real. 

Nobody wakes up :o. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Terell Kirby Everything you learn here is carried beyond this life.

Which is not a beyond at all, as there is nothing but life.

You never die, you simply change form. You don't even have to do THAT if you so choose. There is never a moment in which you are at no choice. That includes the ending of your physical existence. When it is time to cross over to the other side it is COMPLETELY your choice to do so at the time it takes place.

All the accumulated knowledge you have gathered is integrated with your Soul Essence, from there you CHOOSE to incarnate again and CHOOSE to forget it all at the conceptual and experiential level so you'll start blank. What remains is the imprint on your soul. So you do progress, only by a different path, lifetime after lifetime until you, at some incarnation, realize your eternal nature with multipule deep mystical experiences, wrapped in recontextualization of Self. This is your final incarnation. You ascend to the light of your being, all the while with a physical body. Now, you are presented a choice AGAIN: to stay incarnated in order to guide others to Ascension, Divine Realization and Awakening or to switch to non physical (by this time, you'll know how to do it) and continue to other wondrous experiences.

Greg

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

Ill bite and answer in a relative sense. Please note it’s all ultimately false, as nothing is dying. Reality is already dying and being reborn moment after moment. Look into Shinzen Young’s expansion and contraction model on YouTube. Expansion = birth, contraction = death. This process is happening at infinite scales at infinite resolutions right. Your present moment experience this very moment is a birth death cycle. Literally. But it’s all empty. 

Anyways.

Ive had multiple past life regression experiences, archetypical “soul-awakenings” on psychedelics to give the impression that one’s work in one incarnation does carry momentum into subsequent lifetimes. However, best I can tell if this is a valid model of relative reality, is that it’s not a linear process. One life you may be a simple monk getting woke as fuck, the next you may be a CEO pursuing money, next you may be living life in society who finds spirituality at the end of life, and the next you are a yogi even more woke than your monk lifetime due to working through karma in the two incarnations in between. Again, no clue literally at all if this mechanism is “valid;” these are based on very mystical, altered states via psychedelics. I suspect there is some truth to it. 

I don’t think it would be too much of a stretch for karmic patterns and momentum, including the overarching process of full enlightenment, would build pressure and momentum over incarnations. Life is already absurdly cyclical, rhythmic, and process oriented. Why would life and death not follow some sort of trans-intelligent flow? 

However, all of this is completely speculative, ultimately. Time is better spent doing the work to awaken now. At least in my relative opinion ha. 

Edited by Consilience

Thank you everyone for the feedback! I will internalize all of it and contemplate it deeply. Thank you ?? 

So it's not an immortal soul, but the illusion of being a separate person living my life, which reincarnates ((apparently) not only across lifetimes but moment-to-moment within a single life. 

So, what then perpetuates the illusion? Why doesn't it just fade away? Something must be feeding it. It's like a social creation, a social survival mechanism. From early life we're taught to be an individual within the family, a nuclear family within the extended family, within 'my' community, 'my' nation, 'my' religion etc. Holons within holons.  

The immortal soul is the totality, the whole of This. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :)