Opo

Headache on carnivore

20 posts in this topic

This is about an 8th day on carnivore and for the last 3 days I'm having headaches, today is the worst. 

Is it possible I'm still having sugar withdrawal symptoms? 

Or could it be something serious? 

Could be an adaptation. Dehydration maybe? Nutritional deficiencies wouldn't come up as quickly. 

But may also be some sort of gut reaction to all that meat 

Purely out of curiosity, why carnivore? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

49 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Could be an adaptation. 

Is it possible that it's the bacterial die off? 

Purely out of curiosity, why carnivore? 

I have autoimmune problems for most of my life. 

Recently I saw Leo doing it and I love meat so I tried it and the results are a lot better than when I did an average elimination diet or when fasting. Plus I have less cravings and more energy than when I fast. 

It's just the last few days that I've been feeling like shit. But I'm hoping it's the die off and that it'll pass. 

I've been noticing headaches when I eat a good amount of meat daily as part of a balanced diet. If you eat sausage or cured meats there's nitrates involved too which can cause headache or migraine. Listen to your body. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

55 minutes ago, Opo said:

I have autoimmune problems for most of my life. 

Recently I saw Leo doing it and I love meat so I tried it and the results are a lot better than when I did an average elimination diet or when fasting. Plus I have less cravings and more energy than when I fast. 

It's just the last few days that I've been feeling like shit. But I'm hoping it's the die off and that it'll pass. 

Placebo is a real thing my dude.

It's sad that so many of you will have to learn the hard way, through pure suffering. For some this is the only cure for ignorance and selfishness.

Glory to Israel

51 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

cured meats 

Yea I eat a lot of those. 

14 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Placebo is a real thing my dude.

It's sad that so many of you will have to learn the hard way, through pure suffering. For some this is the only cure for ignorance and selfishness.

What? 

5 minutes ago, Opo said:

Yea I eat a lot of those. 

Yeah, don't do that. There's a link between cured meat consumption (as a part of a more balanced diet even) and certain cancers. Plus the amount of salt and nitrates and the effects of that are likely going to make you feel awful. If you're feeling bad, it's your body telling you something. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

It will probably pass.

Don't eat processed meats.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

58 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't eat processed meats.

7 hours ago, mandyjw said:

nitrates 

Oh I just read that they add nitrates into meat I thought it was something already in it. 

Then it's not that because what I eat is just meat with added salt then smoked and then aged. 

Yeah, aged meat has increased histamine that can potentially cause headaches.

13 hours ago, Opo said:

depends if dysbiosis (bacterial imbalance) was present. Is one of the IBDs the condition you have? 

6 hours ago, Opo said:

aged. 

The amount of digestive damage that eating of aged animal products could cause is quite drastic and can take years to reverse. I would definitely stay away from these. Same for cured means, as said above, consumption of processed meats is a significant contributor to colorectal cancer. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

7 hours ago, Michael569 said:

depends if dysbiosis (bacterial imbalance) was present. Is one of the IBDs the condition you have?

Usually no but these last few days yea. 

And I have rheumatoid arthritis. In one of the Leo's books I read that, that is the condition that is most commonly connected to dysbiosis. 

The amount of digestive damage that eating of aged animal products could cause is quite drastic and can take years to reverse. I would definitely stay away from these. Same for cured means, as said above, consumption of processed meats is a significant contributor to colorectal cancer. 

???

Edited by Opo

It almost completely passed I'm betting its the die off because I also have more energy now. 

Thanks for the help. 

9 hours ago, Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj said:

SALT!!!

My dude when I don't eat salt I'm exhausted. 

@Opo can you tolerate any plants at all? Have you thought about trying something Specific Carbohydrate Diet or Low Fodmap. Less restrictive for sure

3 hours ago, Michael569 said:

@Opo can you tolerate any plants at all?

Yea I can, for an example when I make cucumber, spinach and berries shake I feel great. 

3 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Have you thought about trying something Specific Carbohydrate Diet or Low Fodmap. Less restrictive for sure

I have tried those kinds of diets in the past and my results were slower. I'm assuming that I have an reaction to something in them but I'm not sure what. So I'm planning to eat like this for some time and then slowly reintroduce foods one by one, like Leo. 

8 hours ago, Opo said:

It almost completely passed I'm betting its the die off because I also have more energy now. 

Thanks for the help. 

My dude when I don't eat salt I'm exhausted. 

MORE SALT! (maybe more fat)

Edited by Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj

Hallå

47 minutes ago, Opo said:

So I'm planning to eat like this for some time and then slowly reintroduce foods one by one, like Leo. 

I hope you'll find the answers you are looking for. Keep us updated

1 hour ago, Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj said:

MORE SALT! 

Seriously doubt it's that. I eat a lot of salt. 

25 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

I hope you'll find the answers you are looking for. Keep us updated

Thanks, I will.