Someone here

Nirvana

24 posts in this topic

In Buddhism they Believe in reincarnation and karma. You keep incarnating after death until you pay all your karma and then you stop and cease to exist completely. That state of cessation and nothingness is called "nirvana ". It's basically a form of salvation and being free from the sufferings of life. (because according to Buddhism, life is suffering). 

What do you think of the Buddhist narrative? And what is your own definition of nirvana? 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

i think that buddism also needs reforms as all other religions....everything needs to change....

You never cease to exist.

Once you awaken you understand that nirvana is always the case. That is the nature of reality. Bliss, absolute. The incarnation in which you realize this fully is called The Ascending Lifetime. In such a lifetime, you gain lordship over all systems of existence and express free will with accordance to The Divine Law.

Once there, you decide how long you'd like to live with the physical body which is in your possession at that moment. Over 120 years is a possibility. Great wisdom is within your grasp and higher states and levels of consciousness become open to you.

You may enter an initiation of a certain lineage, guide others to nirvana, study with ascended masters or walk the earth and simply bask in bliss. You may do this as long as you wish. When an intent is set to continue on The Path, the universe contrives to bring you the people and experiences you desire most in order for you to experience The Self further.

Greg

Edited by Eternal Unity
Nirvana

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

7 minutes ago, Eternal Unity said:

Once you awaken you understand that nirvana is always the case. That is the nature of reality. Bliss,

How can I realize this? Because it seems like the existence ls full of suffering and not always blissful.  

-Osho

31 minutes ago, Someone here said:

How can I realize this? Because it seems like the existence ls full of suffering and not always blissful.  

Yeah, prior to awakening it can certainly seem so. 

The realization of nirvana is by stages - not one big boom. You begin by being still and contemplate reality. Accept the world as it is and accept that your consciousness is quite qualitative but not yet fully realized. You're already there since you ask the question. Good.

The next stage would be to look within again and inquire yourself of what is expericene. What is it? Visualize your imagination, see what arises in your mind's eye, like a picture in your head. Once this exercise is mastered, you'll have a mystical experience. It can last 2 seconds, a week or 40 years - all depends on the quality of your consciousness at that blissful awakening moment. If the experience is short it is called A Glimpse of Nirvana. That's what it'll probably be.

If you got that far - you'll know what to do next by your inner guidance and intuition.

Good luck 

:)

Edited by Eternal Unity
Realization of Nirvana

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

@Eternal Unity thanks .

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

life is but a karma correcting mechanism

you were bad in your previous life now you are paying the price

you were a perpetrator then, you are a victim now ... or perhaps vice versa

you need to see this and forgive and step out of this cycle

stop reacting to what the world throws at you = the end of karma = the beginning of nirvana

no more incarnations for you

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

What do you think of the Buddhist narrative?

A desperate attempt to know and explain the unknowable.

And what is your own definition of nirvana? 

The end of the need to know.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake what's wrong with knowing stuff? Are you epistemological nihilist?  Do you believe all acquisition of knowledge is impossible? 

-Osho

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

@VeganAwake what's wrong with knowing stuff? Are you epistemological nihilist?  Do you believe all acquisition of knowledge is impossible? 

There's nothing right or wrong with attempting to know. That would just be another conditioned concept of mind.

But think about it for a second.

How can you absolutely know something?.... what are you going to base it off of? Your own or others beliefs about it? Maybe science?

Are you going to ask God or the universe if what you believe is absolutely true? ?

No you can't and in that sense it's completely unknowable.... regardless of what beliefs are placed on top of THIS.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

14 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

How can you absolutely know something?.... what are you going to base it off of? Your own or others beliefs about it? Maybe science?

Are you going to ask God or the universe if what you believe is absolutely true? ?

Direct experience.  What else? 

You know you are alive (for example) by directly experiencing it. 

There is no need for any of that. No guessing or believing is required when you have direct access to reality exactly as it is all the time.  

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

49 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Direct experience.  What else? 

You know you are alive (for example) by directly experiencing it. 

There is no need for any of that. No guessing or believing is required when you have direct access to reality exactly as it is all the time.  

Yes and when reality is experienced as a separate individual it creates an artificial experience imbued with meaning, purpose and value.

This artificial experience that "I am real" creates a feeling of separation or incompleteness which is unsettling for the illusory individual. Thus begins the journey of an unreal individual attempting to find wholeness somewhere other than where it already is.(seeking)

2 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

This artificial experience that "I am real" creates a feeling of separation or incompleteness which is unsettling for the illusory individual. Thus begins the journey of an unreal individual attempting to find wholeness somewhere other than where it already is.(seeking)

So in Buddhist language, samsara is the illusory experience of a separate self, which is contained within the wholeness of nirvana. But nirvana is veiled from this illusory pov, and we keep seeking it. But the problem is, the veil is the very separateness which creates the seeking self. Therefore this type of life is, suffering, dukkha.  We're damned if we do and damned if we don't. Or blessed! 

There's no self to be reincarnated, rather it's karma which incarnates, ie the conditions which perpetuate the illusion of separateness. 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

18 minutes ago, snowyowl said:

So in Buddhist language, samsara is the illusory experience of a separate self, which is contained within the wholeness of nirvana. But nirvana is veiled from this illusory pov, and we keep seeking it. But the problem is, the veil is the very separateness which creates the seeking self. Therefore this type of life is suffering, dukkha.  We're damned if we do and damned if we don't. Or blessed! 

Yeah exactly, except I wouldn't say samsara is contained within anything because it's recognized to have never been.

&

The separate seeking self is the Veil. They're not two different things

Edited by VeganAwake

@VeganAwake agreed, except from the seeker's pov we don't realise at first that to save ourselves is to lose ourselves, it's kinda an impossible thing to understand and accept, but also we (as seekers) can't stop seeking either :(

29 minutes ago, snowyowl said:

@VeganAwake agreed, except from the seeker's pov we don't realise at first that to save ourselves is to lose ourselves, it's kinda an impossible thing to understand and accept, but also we (as seekers) can't stop seeking either :(

Well what was recognized here is that there just wasn't a self period.

It did seem that the ego tried to quickly reconstruct itself as a new expansive higher self, but the illusion was too clearly seen through and it deflated quickly under the weight of Truth.

The illusion of self was shattered completely sort of speak.

@VeganAwake awesome :) So, coming back to Buddhism, are you (in) Nirvana? If so, is Buddhism a useful vehicle to get there? Did you gain anything from its beliefs and practices, or from somewhere else? 

22 minutes ago, snowyowl said:

@VeganAwake awesome :) So, coming back to Buddhism, are you (in) Nirvana? If so, is Buddhism a useful vehicle to get there? Did you gain anything from its beliefs and practices, or from somewhere else? 

Yes and No, because nobody arrives in Nirvana. 

The very individual that believes it can gain or arrive in Nirvana is what literally collapses.

So 'I' literally did not gain anything because 'I' was recognized to be unreal.

I actually don't really know anything about Buddhism. 

In the story of ME there was a very deep desperation to find the truth no matter what the cost was. There was reading of a few spiritual books and daily meditation, but essentially there wasn't even the slightest understanding of what Nirvana was at the time of it occuring although something seemed to be hidden right under my nose. There was also some self inquiry into what this ME character was. It just started slowly becoming revealed that there just never was an individual ME.... The idea of ME was more of an assumed identity than something real.

8 hours ago, snowyowl said:

What do you mean "to save ourselves to lose ourselves"? 

-Osho

19 hours ago, Eternal Unity said:

You never cease to exist.

Once you awaken you understand that nirvana is always the case. That is the nature of reality. Bliss, absolute. The incarnation in which you realize this fully is called The Ascending Lifetime. In such a lifetime, you gain lordship over all systems of existence and express free will with accordance to The Divine Law.

Once there, you decide how long you'd like to live with the physical body which is in your possession at that moment. Over 120 years is a possibility. Great wisdom is within your grasp and higher states and levels of consciousness become open to you.

You may enter an initiation of a certain lineage, guide others to nirvana, study with ascended masters or walk the earth and simply bask in bliss. You may do this as long as you wish. When an intent is set to continue on The Path, the universe contrives to bring you the people and experiences you desire most in order for you to experience The Self further.

Greg

Damn that was good bro! Well said! Being fully awake is truly beyond words. There are levels to awakening to God realization but once fully awake,one sees how they really are Everything. The walls and floors and streets become your skin just like the body and everyone is you,all the people and creatures and plants and air and water. Beyond words,the bliss of it all. You'll be smiling and crying at the same time it's so magnificent,so beautiful,so perfect ❤️