erik8lrl

Sparke Type Test

17 posts in this topic

Nice test, repetitive questions but okay. Thanks for posting the test. I didn't know it existed. 

My results

Sage, maven and performer 

5cidv5.jpg

Your Primary Sparketype reveals the essential nature or "driver" of the work you're here to do (whether it's the work you get paid to do, or not). When you do the work of your Primary Sparketype, you come alive with purpose and, fully-expressed in a healthy way, deepen into meaning, flow, connection and joy.

As a Sage, teaching or "illuminating" is your call. You live to share ideas, knowledge and experiences with others in a way that lifts them up and leaves them changed. This doesn't mean, by the way, you call yourself a teacher, or work in a field where it is a part of your title or even job description. It's about the essential nature of work that lets you feel most alive, and you can do this in nearly any field or endeavor.

That means, of course, that you have to know something before you can teach it. So, you regularly seek to learn and study, you may even pour yourself into solving big problems or making things, and there is a certain genuine satisfaction in that. But, if you're really being honest, you do these things, in no small part, because you want to have more and better wisdom to turn around and teach. They're more a means to the end of being extraordinary at sharing wisdom in a way that leaves people better.

When you see the lights of discovery go on in the faces of others, it's magic. But, for you, it's not enough to simply "convey information," you want those you teach or mentor to truly "get it," and you want to be engaged and inspired at every step along the way. It's about the process as much as the awakening. So you work tirelessly and with a sense of mission to find ways to share what you know that create genuine understanding and bring students, mentees, colleagues on a journey of discovery along with you. This is what makes you wake up in the morning.

5cie73.jpg

Remember, your Primary Sparketype (above) represents the essential nature of the work you're here to do. Your core driver of purpose, passion, expression and flow in work and life. Your Shadow Sparketype, on the other hand, is also a big part of you. Some may feel its call nearly as strongly. Your Shadow Sparketype most often reveals the work that you may well enjoy and have developed a high level of skill around, BUT it is also largely taken up in service of doing the work of your Primary Sparketype better.

Your Shadow Sparketype is The Maven, which means you latch onto a topic, field or industry and devour everything you can know about it. Staying "surface level" just isn't an option for you. It's no fun. You are driven to learn, to discover, to ferret out information, wisdom and knowledge. But, for you, when you're really being honest, that drive is almost always in service of doing the work of your Primary Sparketype at the higher possible level. It's more a means than an end.

If you're interested, you can see a much fuller description of your Shadow Sparketype, along with a ton more highly-detailed information tailored to your unique Sparketype in the Sparketype Mastery Guide (more below).

5ciefm.jpg

Your AntiSparketype is the third elements of your Sparketype Profile. This is the type of effort or work that comes least easily to you, is the heaviest lift, feels like it takes the most effort even if, objectively, it’s not that hard, and requires the greatest amount of recovery for you.

You may well have to do the work of your AntiSparketype as part of your job or life, or you may be able to delegate it. And, you may even develop skills around it and get good and accomplished at it. That can help you feel more ease around it. You may also reframe it as simply a necessary part of doing the work that fills you and accept it as such. These shifts may make it feel a bit easier or like it’s less of a drain, but, at the end of the day, it will almost always be more on the emptying/mandatory side of the work spectrum than the joyful/Sparking side. And will likely still take more than it gives and require more effort and recovery than the work of your Primary or Shadow.

The Performer impulse is all about energizing, animating and bringing life to an interaction, moment or experience. When this appears as your AntiSparketype, that often means that you’ll commit to some process on a level that is “demanded” in order to do something else (usually the work of your Primary/Shadow), but doing work of the Performer is your least strong impulse, it’s more emptying than filling. The sooner you can “do what you need to,” then be off to the work of your Primary/Shadow, the better. As noted above, that doesn’t mean this work is not important, it just means, the same way the work of your Primary/Shadow tends to call and fill you, the work of your AntiSparketype tends to repel and empty you.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India Nice! I'm a maker and maven. This test is less well known, but I found it very accurate and useful. All the other tests I know are more well-known, so you probably did them already. 

@erik8lrl Thanks for sharing. I got The Maven. Love of learning is also one of my top strengths and values so I think the test is accurate. However, I'm not quite sure yet how to develop a life purpose around that.

@SaltyMeatballs Here are some ideas.

Common Career Paths
As you’ll soon discover in the section below about jobs and titles, nearly every Sparketype,
with intention and action, can find a satisfying outlet in nearly any job, title, industry or field.
You need not restrict yourself to one specific type of work or industry just because it’s the
most obvious or logical place for your Sparketype to find a home.
In fact, when you apply the work of your Sparketype in jobs or fields not normally associated
with those skills and abilities and drive, you may well find this both a strong differentiator and
an edge in your ability to perform and excel. We’ll talk a bunch more about this in the section
below. That said, there are some fairly “typical” career paths or industries where certain
Sparketypes are likely to find an easier path to expression.
For The Maven, these include:
Researcher
Librarian
Historian
Writer
Monastics/clergy
Professors
Speakers

On 09/06/2021 at 11:14 AM, erik8lrl said:

@SaltyMeatballs Here are some ideas.

Common Career Paths
As you’ll soon discover in the section below about jobs and titles, nearly every Sparketype,
with intention and action, can find a satisfying outlet in nearly any job, title, industry or field.
You need not restrict yourself to one specific type of work or industry just because it’s the
most obvious or logical place for your Sparketype to find a home.
In fact, when you apply the work of your Sparketype in jobs or fields not normally associated
with those skills and abilities and drive, you may well find this both a strong differentiator and
an edge in your ability to perform and excel. We’ll talk a bunch more about this in the section
below. That said, there are some fairly “typical” career paths or industries where certain
Sparketypes are likely to find an easier path to expression.
For The Maven, these include:
Researcher
Librarian
Historian
Writer
Monastics/clergy
Professors
Speakers

Thanks mate. Where did you obtain this list? I couldn't find it on the website. My shadow is the Scientist. 

I am everything 

These are all tools in a tool belt. Skills that are naturally developed vai self-actualization. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

His book just recently came out. I just started reading it. So far so good

If anyone is interested you can get it here

holy shit this looks amazing thank you

you could have used a better title!! :P 

Edited by Jacob Morres

Im advocate primary, scientist shadow and anti performer. The result advice and description is not feels right for me, seems like some important information has been hold. 

pTvyH4z.png

Your Primary Sparketype reveals the essential nature or "driver" of the work you're here to do (whether it's the work you get paid to do, or not). When you do the work of your Primary Sparketype, you come alive with purpose and, fully-expressed in a healthy way, deepen into meaning, flow, connection and joy.

As a Maven, fascination is your call. You latch onto a topic, field or industry and devour everything you can know about it. Staying "surface level" just isn't an option for you. It's no fun. You are driven to learn, to discover, to ferret out information, wisdom, knowledge for no other purpose than the joy of learning and knowing something as fully and deeply as you can.

Your Maven's fascination and yearning to learn might be expressed more generally, as a perpetual curiosity about everything and everyone. Or, it may be more focused on highly-specific topics or fields of interest that evolve over time, often because your ceaseless yearning to learn has largely exhausted what the topic has to offer. So, you find the next area of fascination to move on to.

For Maven's it's not necessarily about what you "do" with your rapidly-accumulating reservoir of wisdom. What you learn may be useful to the others, or not. When it is, you enjoy sharing it. It is a beautiful potential "by-product" that also is essential if you want to turn your Maven-ness into your living. But, when you're really being honest, it's not the essential reason you do it. The fact that it has value to others is more a measuring stick of the depth of your knowledge and ability to fully-express what you've learned than a true expression of your reason for being. Either way, the deeper driver is the quest to learn, to satisfy your perpetual, insatiable fascination.

Q5c8lHi.png

wfNwbwA.png

Edited by Loba
accurate for me.

On 9/25/2021 at 4:31 PM, Manusia said:

Im advocate primary, scientist shadow and anti performer. The result advice and description is not feels right for me, seems like some important information has been hold. 

@Manusia Dont fully trust the computer, read all the other descriptions as well.