hyruga

Happiness is not found. It is created.

9 posts in this topic

Great stuff.

If your not happy, just force all these habits into your life. No fighting, kicking or screaming. Just do it.

1-be optimistic

2-graditude

3-let things go

4-live in the present

5-live aligned to value and authentic self

6-self love and confidence

7-focus on wins

8-resilience and self forgiveness

9-sorround yourself with happy people

10- happy people give back

11-creativity

12-meditation

13-get enough sleep

14-exercise <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< START HERE, especially if your a INFP. 

15-laugh often   

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Happiness is a lot simpler than we make it out to be, but it’s actually very challenging to instil these simple habits.  Things to work on for sure.

I write pieces that make the reader think.

www.melodydanielluna.com

Chasing happiness makes you unhappy. 
Not chasing it mitigates suffering.
Enlightenment is the end of suffering.

I hate to bring Spiral Dynamics into this (I don't really), but I wonder if happiness is different at the different stages?

I like the video it's simple and soundbighty, but strikes me as a very Stage Orange way of being happy. For example, happiness is not a commodity, it is neither found or created (Orange). Perhaps happiness is a process dependent on many factors (Yellow)? Perhaps happiness is empowering people to have opportunities in life (Green). Perhaps happiness is realising that life is a dream (Turquoise).

Just my random thoughts.

All stories and explanations are false.

39 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

I like the video it's simple and soundbighty, but strikes me as a very Stage Orange way of being happy. For example, happiness is not a commodity, it is neither found or created (Orange). Perhaps happiness is a process dependent on many factors (Yellow)? Perhaps happiness is empowering people to have opportunities in life (Green). Perhaps happiness is realising that life is a dream (Turquoise).

Made the same connection. Thought the video showed a healthy green path. Practical for 99% of the forum. 

I imagine yellow is at a construction level that can craft a perspective on the go.

Perspective fast food, take out. Business opportunity. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Strangely I've found that sadness helps me to feel happy

The sadder I get, I feel contentment and happiness in that. 

If I tried to chase happiness, it gets worse. But if I stopped thinking about it and stayed sad, then there is silent contentment. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

36 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Strangely I've found that sadness helps me to feel happy

The sadder I get, I feel contentment and happiness in that. 

If I tried to chase happiness, it gets worse. But if I stopped thinking about it and stayed sad, then there is silent contentment. 

You are letting out your emotions and not putting on a false front. You are also practicing self-forgiveness and you r probably letting go of some anger/worry/sadness.

1 minute ago, hyruga said:

You are letting out your emotions and not putting on a false front. You are also practicing self-forgiveness and you r probably letting go of some anger/worry/sadness.

Also another factor is that when I'm sad - there is no tension or pressure to be happy. There is no botheration

Funny how emotions work. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.