Zion

What can be done to speed up the exhaustion of a desire?

25 posts in this topic

On 2021.06.6. at 6:22 PM, Zion said:

Is there a way to speed up the process of exhausting a desire to transcend your addiction to it?

Yes, but if I showed you the teacher, you might aswell tought he is a scammer. But there is and I am practicing it.

Use NLP to program your lower needs aka animal desires. That is what really helped me. 

In Tate we trust

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you have desires to harm people or yourself you gotta find healthier ways of dealing with that than acting it out.

Use common sense.

There is always consequences for pursing desires. Can't avoid that. I was talking about relatively healthy desires, not the desire to kick grandma in the face.

lol 

@Zion I think this is fundamentally the wrong way to look at and approach this notion. 

For starters it almost sounds like you’ve read about a map point or a what do that leads to something called waking up. And your using this imaginary map point to the figure out how you can make it happen more or faster. 

You see desire isn’t an issue, certain ones will always remain so to say, they just may no longer be issues or cause issues to you or others negatively. 

However yes, sometimes it is desire and it’s suffering that leads one to look into desire and it’s usefulness, but this is a organic thing.  and with this sometimes the mechanism of identity is revealed as well and it’s sometimes thorniness in living.

On 08/06/2021 at 11:13 AM, tatsumaru said:

The Buddha would have realized that to seek to let go of desire is also a desire and therefore wouldn't suggest such a fruitless pursuit.

This seems to be brought up every time there is a discussion about desire. Sure, to desire to get rid of desire is still desire.

However, im talking about spontaneous cessation of desire which comes with emotional and spiritual maturity. Two very different things, like mixing apples with the oranges.

Im not able to view the video right now due to limited amount of internet, but will for sure give it a watch.