integral

Experiment: Guy sits in a room, 10 people direct thoughts towards him?

7 posts in this topic

A random guy with no knowledge of the experiment is sat in a room, maybe having a casual chat with another guy in the room, who asks him how he feels at key moments. In another room there are a group of people 10+ who can see him vai a 1 directional window. They are told that guy is terrible, shown crimes he committed (fake), negative thoughts about that guy are put into them and they are incentivized to feel negative or positive way about him. The guy in the window is tested to see if he feels anything or if his experience changes. 

Has this experiment been done before? Will the sudden change in feelings of a group of people directed towards another person have a measurable impact? Or is it to systemically subtle to measure in this experiment format? 

Would be cool if we could prove energy transfer for interpersonal systems that is direct. Has no science been conducted on this? Is it still to advanced for the current altitude?  

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Yes, most of the major governments (US, Russian and Chinese) have done extensive experiments of this nature with the intention of developing tools for intelligence gathering and warfare.  None of them ever found any evidence for ESP, and the projects were shut down.

Of course the conspiracy view is "they were shut down to give the public the impression that they hadn't found anything, when actually they had" but such conspiracy views are an absolute inevitability.

I think this experiment applies to our daily life. For example: If let's say your friend comes to you and says, you need to take a shit on the public street because it would be hilarious. And they tell you in a way that is very threating, like "I'm going to rape your family if you don't do it" and if you sense that it's not a bluff. You would probably make a hard choice and either:

1. do take a shit

2. not take a shit

3. run away

4. tell the authorities/get some help to fight

5. any other option.

my point is the peer pressure is real and we need to be careful which thoughts/people we choose to listen and obey and which we do not.

23 hours ago, integral said:

A random guy with no knowledge of the experiment is sat in a room, maybe having a casual chat with another guy in the room, who asks him how he feels at key moments. In another room there are a group of people 10+ who can see him vai a 1 directional window. They are told that guy is terrible, shown crimes he committed (fake), negative thoughts about that guy are put into them and they are incentivized to feel negative or positive way about him. The guy in the window is tested to see if he feels anything or if his experience changes. 

Has this experiment been done before? Will the sudden change in feelings of a group of people directed towards another person have a measurable impact? Or is it to systemically subtle to measure in this experiment format? 

Would be cool if we could prove energy transfer for interpersonal systems that is direct. Has no science been conducted on this? Is it still to advanced for the current altitude?  

I'd imagine there is a difference in intending bad thoughts and feelings vrs them genuinely arising in a moment.  So the effect of just intending vrs them coming from a place immediatly without trying would influence if the experiment was working, or at least it would need to be considered.......