Terell Kirby

The Problem with Identity

30 posts in this topic

Posting a few reflections from my self inquiry today. My Self realization is deepening everyday. I had reflected on the problem of identity; it’s one step to realize that ones life is imaginary, but even tougher to deeply understand the one who’s having the experience of imagination. How can one understand something that is invisible? The best method, for me, has been to identify with literally everything in existence.

God’s consciousness is creating my mind, body and it’s present experience...as well as yours. We are this Being with infinite capacity to imagine anything. Therefore we are not separate in our identities, no matter where we are in time and space. Very profound..

@Kalo thanks for sharing your insights. “I am created by God” seems to only stand true in material existence. From the perspective of a human, I am absolutely created by God. But alas, Truth points me in a direction of that which is not human. I am not created by God because I am God...when identifying with the essence of the Absolute 

7 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

@Kalo thanks for sharing your insights. “I am created by God” seems to only stand true in material existence. From the perspective of a human, I am absolutely created by God. But alas, Truth points me in a direction of that which is not human. I am not created by God because I am God...when identifying with the essence of the Absolute 

It's not possible to identify with the essence of the Absolute because it's not an experience that can be identified with.

If there is such an identification, it means a relative experience (usually an imaginary Absolute) has been appointed to be the Absolute.

@vladorion thanks for sharing. I must question your statement of it not being possible to identify with the Absolute. The Absolute is direct experience itself. All that exists in the universe is direct experience, and each of us has eternal access to it. If one has eternal access, then it means that one can merge with and become direct experience (ie the Absolute).

Be careful as our human egos will tend to put limits on what can be achieved through direct consciousness..as it is quite threatening to let go of identification with mind and body.

Also, you create a duality when you say an “imaginary” Absolute. Truth is, all there is..is imagination. Whatever you call a real Absolute vs an imagined  Absolute is completely...imaginary ?

Edited by Terell Kirby

1 hour ago, Terell Kirby said:

@vladorion thanks for sharing. I must question your statement of it not being possible to identify with the Absolute. The Absolute is direct experience itself. All that exists in the universe is direct experience, and each of us has eternal access to it. If one has eternal access, then it means that one can merge with and become direct experience (ie the Absolute).

Be careful as our human egos will tend to put limits on what can be achieved through direct consciousness..as it is quite threatening to let go of identification with mind and body.

Also, you create a duality when you say an “imaginary” Absolute. Truth is, all there is..is imagination. Whatever you call a real Absolute vs an imagined  Absolute is completely...imaginary ?

There is a difference between identifying with the Absolute and realizing that there is only the Absolute.

In the first case, there is still someone there who is identifying with it, and identification is only possible with something relative. In the Absolute there's only the Absolute. No place for something else because there is nothing else.

By imaginary I mean an image of it in the mind which is confused for the real thing. And this distinction is important because people often have an awakening, lose it and then try to recreate it in their mind. Saying that there are no distinctions... well, you might as well identify with a shoe since it's also it. :D 

40 minutes ago, vladorion said:

There is a difference between identifying with the Absolute and realizing that there is only the Absolute.

In the first case, there is still someone there who is identifying with it, and identification is only possible with something relative. In the Absolute there's only the Absolute. No place for something else because there is nothing else.

By imaginary I mean an image of it in the mind which is confused for the real thing. And this distinction is important because people often have an awakening, lose it and then try to recreate it in their mind. Saying that there are no distinctions... well, you might as well identify with a shoe since it's also it. :D 

You are right, there is only the Absolute..and there is per say no one that is doing the identification. At the heart, it’s a simple realization of what we are..and have always been. The identification does happen on a human level relatively speaking, but at heart, it is God awakening to itself ?.

We are speaking the same language, but of course language by nature is a pain in the ass when communicating these things lol. Thanks for the insightful dialogue! 

1 hour ago, Kalo said:

Not only material existence, but existence itself. Truth be said, there is a Trans-non-ego, non-matter, a "another" "something", call it whatever. This however was created as well.

I disagee that you are God.

God is a Divine Person with a capital P. God has a Personal Breath that none can claim to have. God's essence and Existence is His Personality, Him Himself.

To disagree that you are God is to side with the Ego. You must understand that the Divine Person with a capital P is none other than....YOU. To say it isn’t signifies a lack of understanding. But I am interested to hear what you believe your true nature is....if it’s anything other than than Essence itself ?

5 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

To disagree that you are God is to side with the Ego. You must understand that the Divine Person with a capital P is none other than....YOU. To say it isn’t signifies a lack of understanding. But I am interested to hear what you believe your true nature is....if it’s anything other than than Essence itself ?

That which believes its God is nothing other than ego....bet on that ?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake

4 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

That which believes its God is nothing other than ego....bet on that ?

Quite the opposite. Bet on that ?. I’m not here to debate any of you. What better way for your Ego to trick you by calling Truth falsehood. Most of you are too fearful to acknowledge that you are God because it then requires you to take full responsibility for everything that exists in your lives. Your problems, fear, neurosis. I understand that this is a scary thing for most people, but the Truth is Truth no matter how you cut it.

I really don’t understand why you follow Actualized.org if you haven’t accepted this ?. The fact that you are God is not a belief, it is Truth. Anything other that is your Ego playing mind games by deluding by keeping you paradigm locked.

Expect no more responses from me, and good luck on your journey ??.

I believe he is pointing to a difference between believing (Ego) you are God, and knowing you are God.

Do you believe in God because everyone is saying that we are all God? Or have you experienced a knowingness that you are God, which is beyond words and the collective belief system?

Edited by TDLH

7 minutes ago, TDLH said:

Do you believe in God because everyone is saying that we are all God? Or have you experienced a knowingness that you are God, that, which is beyond words and the collective belief system?

Again, the realization is not a belief system. It is an assumption that this realization has come from some kind of group think or following and ideology. That is not the case...it would be if I were coming at this from an Ego. My coming at this is from the later, the knowingness beyond and completely independent from human construction.

The problem for some members of this forum is exactly what you point out in falling into the Actualized.org collective belief that they are God (which is not pure because it lacks heavy lifting required to have the direct experiences), or completely dismissing that the experience of knowingness is possible for them. I personally have transcended both..

6 hours ago, Kalo said:

My true nature is Trans-ego, Non-ego, Non-matter. 

But I am not God. Never have and never will.

God is the one I pray to and resides in the heart, not in my narcissist delusion that I am Him.

A woman I was with yesterday stopped right in the middle of the street and bowed down in prayer, and I knew in that moment that this woman knew God the Supreme more than anyone in human flesh claiming to be the Almighty.

If God is the one you pray to...then who are you exactly? Be careful with your answer, as it may imply separation from God...which in of itself is Ego. Implying the God resides in your heart speaks clearly to your identification with your physical form. God can never reside IN YOU...there is no YOU to reside in. It is clear you still have attachments to the material world, and not willing to take on responsibility that comes with accepting your true nature. Calling Truth narcissism is exactly what a narcassistic Ego-mind would project out of fear..

Edited by Terell Kirby

@Kalo <------ most deluded forum member I've interacted with thus far :D. Good luck your with spiritual endeavors, but try pulling your head out of your ass first...it'll help with the journey. Godspeed 

Edited by Terell Kirby

15 hours ago, Kalo said:

My true nature is Trans-ego, Non-ego, Non-matter. 

But I am not God. Never have and never will.

God is the one I pray to and resides in the heart, not in my narcissist delusion that I am Him.

A woman I was with yesterday stopped right in the middle of the street and bowed down in prayer, and I knew in that moment that this woman knew God the Supreme more than anyone in human flesh claiming to be the Almighty.

Kalo, I like some of your insights and point of view. Check out the thread I just started about this exact thing. I believe it is a trap, a very convincing trap - traps wouldn't work if there wasn't cheese to make you interested... 

8 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

@Kalo <------ most deluded forum member I've interacted with thus far :D. Good luck your with spiritual endeavors, but try pulling your head out of your ass first...it'll help with the journey. Godspeed 

I do not agree, the user is voicing very sounds stuff (not everything I agree with, but some of the things are legitimate imo), the problem is we immediately judge others as wrong because they have a different point of view and different insights. Even not judging consciously, everyone believes they have the truth and it is very uncomfortable to assume we might not have it. 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Kalo blah blah blah. I know you are full of shit lol. For a newbie, I sure as hell have way more insights than you do that’s for sure. Trolling on forums won’t bring you any closer to your true Self. You will get no more attention from me.

Edited by Terell Kirby

@Dodo you are also under the same delusion. You are refusing to accept your true nature as God, you are All Powerful. Wherever you are, look around and notice that everything is a creation of your divine consciousness...or mind rather. Including your body and your thoughts....everything. Godspeed ??

Edited by Terell Kirby

30 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

@Dodo you are also under the same delusion. You are refusing to accept your true nature as God, you are All Powerful. Wherever you are, look around and notice that everything is a creation of your divine consciousness...or mind rather. Including your body and your thoughts....everything. Godspeed ??

You can change paradigm by believing this fully, I do not doubt that. The cheese is tasty, but there might be a price, a spring trap, once the cheese is eaten. Just a metaphor.

Put your faith in not knowing, and your paradigm will again change. Check through your intuition what feels true. 

Look around and notice from your paradigm, what I'm saying is coming from your imagination. And notice you are accusing yourself of being delusional by accusing me.

Notice you are masking separation as unity. You are talking to me as if I'm separate and that I'm not getting something,  because you unconsciously perceive me as someone else. Maybe your unconscious belief that I am someone else is in fact correct. 

Again, allow fr the possibility of many infinities and see what happens. God is still one. As I said, smaller infinities can exist and I believe some infinities falsely label themselves God. Making the ultimate deception...

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟