AleksM

Lack of self-talk after too much meditation

8 posts in this topic

After the latest episode I have become more aware of the trap that I have fallen into after practicing meditation and mindfulness too seriously. A few years back I have written a post on how to become enlightened fast. Well now in retrospect I think it's dangerous to go too deep too fast. I was not developmentally ready for going that deep. My mind become too silent. I didn't know anymore who and what I was. I spend years reading and watching spiritual teachings to understand the depths I got myself into, because  I didn't have enough knowledge. Now I think I have enough of it and I will change my priorities back to basic personal development.  @Leo Gura I would appreciate it,  if you elaborated more on the point you mentioned in your latest episode at 1:17:25 about nihilism.  I have definitely fallen into that trap. 

Edited by AleksM

Why is lack of self-talk a problem? I kinda like it.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

19 minutes ago, AleksM said:

I didn't know anymore who and what I was

And do you know now? 9_9

@AleksM Have you studied the law of attraction at all? What we believe ourselves to be will show itself to us, so if we believe that we are nothing and nothing is an ideal, (we actually have an idea or positive/assertive notion of "nothing") THAT will be how we experience ourselves. Finding out what you are authentically called toward, and what you truly desire can be a huge shift. If you check out Abraham Hicks, she might help you make some connections. On the surface it seems to be a materialistic teaching but the materialistic part is just an analogy, and of course, the material is not the material. It's actually shocking how deep it is, and how beautifully they go with some of the deepest more traditionally nondual teachings and understandings. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@AleksM :) You're welcome!

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

16 hours ago, AleksM said:

My mind become too silent.

How did that manifest in your life?

What is giving you direction in your life right now?

16 hours ago, wesyasz said:

And do you know now? 9_9

now he knows he doesn't know xD 

we are the kids/seeds of the Universe. That's a cool identity to have with a lot of potential growth

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.