Julian gabriel

why are loners wiser?

30 posts in this topic

@LastThursday There is silence in both cases. And also; neither. One has to know how to listen to silence xD 

Personally; I'm much more focused upon the aliveness or loudness of the moment when in the crowds. And I can certainly enjoy it. 

But 7/10 times I'd rather stay home and enjoy my own company. Silence.

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

But 7/10 times I'd rather stay home and enjoy my own company. Silence.

Each to their own, it's not one size fits all. On average however, there should be no disposition towards one or the other. Wisdom and genius lives both in loners and crowds.

All stories and explanations are false.

2 hours ago, kinesin said:

To be a loner means being distant from many social norms and group behaviours, so you get a broader view of what's really going on in them.

That said, I think it's important not to fall into the trap of believing that this wisdom gained from noninvolvement is superior to wisdom gained from involvement.

Agreed. I fall of this trap. Thinking I was superior than most people with my own thinking style. Unconsciously I judge people in my enviroment and society. Make a big space between me and people.. in the end its just I protecting my own afraid avoidance ego.

Then a sage told me.. stop use thought to thought.. just be mundane like other people do.

Its hit myself really hard and make me confused in long time.

Now my pendelum go towards involvement to people in my enviroment. The wisdom is greater when spent much time in aloneness and then merge in society in healthy way. 

Very hard in the first. But eventually you will need to develop awareness in strong independence thinking that will protect your own thinking from becaming chaotic with group think.

Group think have a lot of blind spot. When you hold strong awareness in your thinking.. you can avoid brainwash and you became a light to the enviroment.

I noticed something that many wise people have in common is that they mind their own business. That can manifest in different ways such as not gossiping, investing in self education, working on yourself, honing in on your craft instead of competing, avoiding drama etc. As a result, some of these people may be loners or have a loner phase but many still chill in society and try to stay mindful of the influences around them whether it be in the form of the people in their lives or the media they consume. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

If your focus is outwards on other people or things and not inwards towards yourself and your own ideas, you will tend to focus on what already is and not what could be (essentially the N/S dichotomy in MBTI).

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I think 80-90% of loners are just socially awkward, shy and/or just really introverted (at least this is what I’ve discovered). If they could find that one friend, they’ll stick with them and talk about all the trivial bs that everyone around them talks about and so there isn’t much difference between them and others in that sense. They usually aren’t thinking about philosophical matters very much.

Non-loners are pretty much guaranteed to be not interested in those issues though. 

@Dryas Yeah I guess even though alot of wise individuals are loners, most "loners" are probably not actually loners but just shy and awkward lonely people. 

Because people in crowds kick out those who are not like them.

If the majority was successful, then everyone you see would be a superstar. But they're not.

The majority of people are not successful or different, they will not change the world.

The one who will change the world thinks different. So they are kicked out by the majority. 

I wonder if the genius of the internet was invented by a loner?

All stories and explanations are false.